Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Oscaramador
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Petition for new Forum Button: Dislike

This forum is due for Dislike Button that rates a persons post down on a separate side that shows how many people DISLIKED, as well as how many people LIKED the post.

I feel that "Messengers"/Forum Admins simply skim over subjects.

If the idea and work ethic is to "Pick and Choose" a certain post, find a thought in it. Write it down, then eye ball a % saying, "30% of people seemed to have disliked that idea" If that is all that is submitted to the Dev Team.

Then perhaps a "Dislike" feature would better "ease" the job strain on forum admins. If they could just actually tally up the # of Dislikes vs Likes.

It's getting really sad when you log onto here, after you actually spend some time trying things and testing things on test sever only to find that your opinions, thoughts and concerns don't really go as far as to bend, touch, stress, or even concern the Dev Team.

This is not just a personal idea, this is a collective idea from multiple people. It's not just the NA side, the JP side has a long list of complaints regarding the lack of attention, and care that the forum admins, and devs give towards our Feed Back.

Like this Post if you agree that we should have a "Dislike" Button for clairty.
    (37)

Character
    Svens
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Can we dislike dev posts?
    (29)

Character
    Oscaramador
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Svens View Post
    Can we dislike dev posts?
    No sir, currently they have a very friendly button called "Like", you can remove that and select "Unlike" but it doesn't give a red (-1) or something when done.

However, that's also one of the reasons I would like for us to have a "Dislike" Button. So that we can see how many people truly disagree with the direction the Devs want to push Vana'diel.
    (0)

Believe me, a dislike button will only be abused and used to harass members.

Don't even think people will know better, that will never be the case on any forum.
    (10)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I want to dislike the OP's post... I guess that's kind of ironic...
    (3)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Can't say I'm a fan of this idea or not but I'll just say this forum is a public relations forum first and foremost. As such it's pretty far behind the standard that we have come to expect from internet boards. I guess it's to be expected when a board is controlled by "big business" so to speak. Their interests are PR, not the people's experience with their site. Though granted, they have thrown us some bones but I wouldn't hold my breathe for a dislike button.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Mariane
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    All I can say is that I dislike the OP's idea. There's no button to press for that right now, though... /sarcasm

Why ? Because people will ABUSE it.
    (2)

Character
    Lowkey
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BST Lv 90
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com

There ya go. Knock yourself out.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Biggest problem is people start liking/disliking based on the poster and not the content, and groups of people conspiring to rate down someone they don't like regardless of the thought or idea in the post. Although some people like eachother's posts because they're friends, the worst that can happen is that the likes have no benefit. With dislikes, however, there is more potential for abuse and damage to be done.

The devs specifically added the "like" button so that people who don't have much to say other than "good idea" or "i like this idea" can do so without actually posting. People who dislike a post can instead simply not click the like button, and express their disdain with a textual post.
    (7)

Character
    Oscaramador
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Everything above illustrates peoples concern over abuse or not.

Who is to say there isn't already abuse with the like feature with people who have more than one account and or a group of people who just like their own posts to get a point across? Saying that a Dislike feature would be a means to abuse doesn't really constitute a reason for there to not be one.

It's the same difference, at least at this point we'd be able to specifically see who likes what and who doesn't, furthermore bringing to light real statistics when it comes down to important subjects which would take away from pages of rants asking why, when the reply is: The JP community liked it better.

There are always trolls, in example who provide nothing of evidentual value, or contribution to threads who begin with, yet they still spew forth their venom and cause derails and all sorts of other nonsense.

The official forum was intended to have us voice our opinion, and to a degree I guess the devs got lazy or the people whose job it was to scout community forums to get the latest topics on Final Fantasy 11.
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast