Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Svens View Post
    Can we dislike dev posts?
    if we could dislike i think the last weaponskill post would have had 10000+ dislikes.
    (2)

There already is a dislike button, but it's labeled 'reply'. Click it, type a brief message stating why you dislike something and post it. This isn't the facebooks.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Scribble View Post
    There already is a dislike button, but it's labeled 'reply'. Click it, type a brief message stating why you dislike something and post it. This isn't the facebooks.
    I don't know, for Dev posts it'd prove the point more.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I don't know, for Dev posts it'd prove the point more.
    A number next to an icon of a 'thumbs down' hardly proves a point.

If you dislike something then people only know that you don't approve with a thumbs down. It makes much more sense to actually articulate the point or idea you are trying to get across or to express a position you have with words rather than with a gesture.

If you give a dev a thumbs down when they introduce a new idea they're working on for XI then they really have no idea what you don't like about it or why.
    (0)

See, what he's looking for is the thing gutless wonders from KI and BG would try to abuse regularly (don't bother lying, folks. You did it on Alla some years ago. What makes you think you won't do it again). Replying with anything substantial is either too difficult or beneath their so-called status.
    (1)
    Last edited by Hayward; 12-14-2011 at 03:06 AM.
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    A number next to an icon of a 'thumbs down' hardly proves a point.

If you dislike something then people only know that you don't approve with a thumbs down. It makes much more sense to actually articulate the point or idea you are trying to get across or to express a position you have with words rather than with a gesture.

If you give a dev a thumbs down when they introduce a new idea they're working on for XI then they really have no idea what you don't like about it or why.
    No, but you can do both, and it would look like the playerbase likes the idea.Personally a lot of people say what I want, so I just thumbs up them, do you think the Dev's take that into consideration? No, but at least a thumbs down might help a little.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm noticing a trend in this thread. Most of the people who are against the idea are the kind of people who probably would receive a lot of dislikes.

Perhaps they should hide the number of dislikes from the users, and just allow the devs to see them. That way there is no griefing.

Just stating your opinion doesn't hold a lot of weight IMO, because anything extremely important is going to have a huge thread about it, %99 of which will not be forwarded to the devs.
    (2)

Player
    I don't think it would accomplish anything.

Knowing that 75% of the people who read something dislike the idea won't change the Development Bros minds. They're not Lex Luthor, forging ahead with their singular and cruel vision of a better world for humanity, carefully monitoring statistics along the way. They're the Joker, totally and randomly nuts in ways we can not comprehend, holding sheets of statistics upside down for two seconds before eating them.

I can harass people more annoyingly by replying with images or one-liners than clicking a "dislike" button, so I doubt I'd use it for other players either.
    (1)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    Believe me, a dislike button will only be abused and used to harass members.

Don't even think people will know better, that will never be the case on any forum.
    Nonsense. Numerous substantive forums use up-and-down-rating, and they are productive aggregators of good information way more often than they're invitations to abuse. Zam and AH are two major examples that apply to FFXI specifically, and even WoW's playerbase, so often merrily described by FFXI players as a cesspool, makes totally productive use of one in the comment threads on wowhead.
    (3)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    While I like the idea of a dislike, I also see the potential of it being abused. I would rather see the ability for players to set up polls to more accurately track certain feature additions/changes. While the forums somehow give players a voice, it doesn't seem to accurately give them any weight in setting up general purpose topics that only want a poll type effect (Poll: Do you like the current direction FFXI is going? Yes/No)
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast