Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Symbiosis of Might and Magic

After going through the forums and seeing all the rage that's going on with this update(especially with us DRKs) I thought of an interesting idea. This idea is to help the relationship that DRK has with it's yellow bar(yes I'm talking about the 1 under the red HP bar).

I'm also hoping that this thread will be a constructive one that hopefully SE will read at least once and get some good ideas; anyways here's mine.

Job Ability: Exoneration
    Duration: 1min; 3min
    Recast: 5min
    Infuse your weapon with the power of magic.
    Effect: The next offensive spell you cast becomes a part of your weapon. Occult Accumen is affected by spells that have been affected by Exoneration. Spells that have been affected by Exoneration last for 3min

Basically you make the next spell an En- spell. It's damage would be affected not by current gear, but from the gear that was on during the initial cast of the spell. This would help DRK by both having it give additional MP/swing and greatly boosting our damage for each swing; here are a few examples.

-Dark Knight activates Exoneration.
    -Dark Knight starts casting Thunder III with a nuking set on.
    -The spell is then cast oh the Dark Knight's weapon(most likely showing on the hand).
    -Thunder III now is cast as if the Dark Knight had cast it with a nuking set on each time the Dark Knight lands a hit.

This could also be used with utility, spell examples would be(but not limited to): Dispel(if ever /rdm), Break(damage first, then break effect; PvP anyone?), Stun, Drain, Aspir, Bind(would work like Regurgitation), Sleep and so on.

Now here's a prospective idea to make a certain piece of equipment viably used by DRKs.

Fellow Dark Knights, do any of you have a Twilight Cloak simply for looks? Do those of you that have it sometimes use Impact just for the laughs? With this ability we could possibly have a legitimate reason to use said armor and spell.
    Just think, every time you swing you cast Impact. Yes overpowered, but it is still subject to resists, and I would even say gimp the damage of Impact(it's already a laughable spell as it is). However, I say it should stay as it is. Simply because it is probably the best thing DRK could possibly get; Ever. With the damage that you'd be dealing with this spell Exonerated and the TP you get, we'd be back up to par with the other heavy DDs. Sure it doesn't solve thee problem of our WSs, but I've almost given up in that dept. Make our swings to massive damage of both Physical damage and Magical damage, because that's apparently SE wants DRK to do a lot of both.

Anyways that's my idea to help improve Dark Knight. Ridicule, Praise, indifference, please tell me what you think and any ideas that you have. Again, I want this to be constructive and innovative. My Idea was on the basis that SE wants us to use our MP, so I thought of this.
    (3)
    Last edited by Saiken253; 12-13-2011 at 03:10 AM.

Character
    Leondimas
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    A cooler version of my Elemental Aftermath idea, I likes it.
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I purpose SE to give drk's "Double Cast" JA, It would work like this - when doublecast is on, the drk can select one elemental nuke and one dark magic spell to cast together, the double cast would only allow one elemental nuke and one dark magic spell, and doublecast should be on a 1 minute timer
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiken253 View Post
    After going through the forums and seeing all the rage that's going on with this update(especially with us DRKs) I thought of an interesting idea. This idea is to help the relationship that DRK has with it's yellow bar(yes I'm talking about the 1 under the red HP bar).

I'm also hoping that this thread will be a constructive one that hopefully SE will read at least once and get some good ideas; anyways here's mine.

Job Ability: Exoneration
    Recast: 5min
    Infuse your weapon with the power of magic.
    Effect: The next offensive spell you cast becomes a part of your weapon. Occult Accumen is affected by spells that have been affected by Exoneration. Spells that have been affected by Exoneration last for 3min

Basically you make the next spell an En- spell. It's damage would be affected not by current gear, but from the gear that was on during the initial cast of the spell. This would help DRK by both having it give additional MP/swing and greatly boosting our damage for each swing; here are a few examples.

-Dark Knight activates Exoneration.
    -Dark Knight starts casting Thunder III with a nuking set on.
    -The spell is then cast oh the Dark Knight's weapon(most likely showing on the hand).
    -Thunder III now is cast as if the Dark Knight had cast it with a nuking set on each time the Dark Knight lands a hit.

This could also be used with utility, spell examples would be(but not limited to): Dispel(if ever /rdm), Break(damage first, then break effect; PvP anyone?), Stun, Drain, Aspir, Bind(would work like Regurgitation), Sleep and so on.

Now here's a prospective idea to make a certain piece of equipment viably used by DRKs.

Fellow Dark Knights, do any of you have a Twilight Cloak simply for looks? Do those of you that have it sometimes use Impact just for the laughs? With this ability we could possibly have a legitimate reason to use said armor and spell.
    Just think, every time you swing you cast Impact. Yes overpowered, but it is still subject to resists, and I would even say gimp the damage of Impact(it's already a laughable spell as it is). However, I say it should stay as it is. Simply because it is probably the best thing DRK could possibly get; Ever. With the damage that you'd be dealing with this spell Exonerated and the TP you get, we'd be back up to par with the other heavy DDs. Sure it doesn't solve thee problem of our WSs, but I've almost given up in that dept. Make our swings to massive damage of both Physical damage and Magical damage, because that's apparently SE wants DRK to do a lot of both.

Anyways that's my idea to help improve Dark Knight. Ridicule, Praise, indifference, please tell me what you think and any ideas that you have. Again, I want this to be constructive and innovative. My Idea was on the basis that SE wants us to use our MP, so I thought of this.
    I got a question if thunder III is casted how long deos it stay on the drk's weapon? because if its just for one swing its no good and there would be no difference between meleeing and casting as it stand now, it would have to last for multiples swing for it to have an impact
    (0)

Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I really like this idea, thumbs up. It add lots of functionality to our spellcasting.

Also this could simultaneously, indirectly fix our absorb spells as the stats would Replenish on each hit effectively making them decay-less for e duration of the effect.

This could also give us a "pseudo blood weapon " effect as you could put drain on weapon and have it proc on each hit.

So this move would indirectly give us a lot of the stuff we have been hoping for. Totally win. This is a very different direction from where i was thinking the job should go. Which was more about spells being used to modify physical weaponskills.

Im going to shamelessly pander my idea again too.

Elemental Torment
    Lv 96 Uses Elemental spells to prepare the target for skillchain.
    Duration: Charge phase 90seconds Use phase: 60seconds or use.
    Recast: 3minutes

The idea is to cast two spells of different elements to get the skillchain properties you want for you "chainbound" effect during the charge phase. The during the use phase you put the chainbound effect on the enemy. So theoretically you could charge it on a regular mob and pop a nm. Or charge it when you arent swinging i.e. waiting for proc then run in and make SC.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    I got a question if thunder III is casted how long deos it stay on the drk's weapon? because if its just for one swing its no good and there would be no difference between meleeing and casting as it stand now, it would have to last for multiples swing for it to have an impact
    the Thunder III would last for a duration of 3min after it has been cast on your weapon ^^. It's the 2nd part of the the duration effect

Sorry this wasn't clear, but basically you have 1min to cast whatever spell you want, then for 3min after you successfully cast a spell under this effect you get that spell added to your regular hits.
    (0)
    Last edited by Saiken253; 12-13-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Player
    @Rampage

I kinda like this idea, but it's a little difficult to not get interrupted. I would say, however, that you only need 1 spell instead. With Weapon skills that have fairly high tier we can make level2-3 SCs even with only 1 element; example:

Activate Element Torment
    Cast Thunder/Fire/Aero on target
    Use Torcleaver for Light SC

This works due to the fact that Torcleaver is Light/Compression and for a weapon that has innate Light SC properties, you just need 1 element of the "light family" i.e. Light/Fire/Thunder/Aero. Same goes for Darkness SC just need at least Earth/Water/Ice/Darkness.

I do like the prospect of making higher tier SCs by ourselves, this could help make a 5-step SC with drk, but it's rather difficult simply because of casting times and people wanting to take advantage of what we're setting up. This has happened more than enough on my DNC and SAM haha~

I like your idea, but I think reducing it to 1 spell would be better than needing 2, simply to be faster about it. Also, just to give us an easier time haha. I'm just thinking of what SAM WAR DRG can do, and how we can match that speed.
    (0)

Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Well my original intention was that you could cast just 1 spell for a lower lv sc or 2 spells to make lv 2 or 3. I didnt want it to just be SCH immanence. Although hey what the heck if they give itto us ill us ill be happy.

Your idea runs better with the job. I think a 3 minute duration is too long though. I dont think wed actually even want it that long. Say you have thunder 3 on your weapon, suddenly you get links, do you want to wait 3 minutes to put drain on your weapon or would you rather hold out 30 secs then go drain crazy and survive?

Also did u mean that every en-spell spends mp?
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiken253 View Post
    the Thunder III would last for a duration of 3min after it has been cast on your weapon ^^. It's the 2nd part of the the duration effect

Sorry this wasn't clear, but basically you have 1min to cast whatever spell you want, then for 3min after you successfully cast a spell under this effect you get that spell added to your regular hits.
    Good Idea, adleast it would make our elemental nuke useful and this idea or a form of doublecast is the only way i think they can fix our nuke. I love the idea though
    (0)

Player
    Thanks!

I kinda borrowed the idea from a DnD Player's Handbook II. The idea came from the class called Duskblade. I feel that DRK should have been something very similar to this, A Knight that perfectly combines arcane arts with martial might and one of their signature abilities was to spend an entire round of combat imbuing their weapon with a spell, and that spell would last for the remainder of the fight(and they had access to a lot of nice spells; Disintegration being one of their final spells haha! *poke* I keel you!)

I think SE should take a look at that class and see how they can incorporate that to DRK. They are just too similar not to draw ideas from Duskblade.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast