Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post

I know what I said before about this subject but whatever. Just let the weapon stats matter rather than the stats AND weapon skill. Damn, it's merited weapon skills. Just do it. One of them is already more powerful than the rest of their kind. And they take a trillion merits to cap. Just DO IT. Make them powerful. And solve the "relic/mythic crisis" over night. Here's your chance. It's never going to happen without their weapon skills matching Empyreans. ALL of them. So just do it already and move on.
    Have to use Emp/relic/mythic Ws to get Afterglow and ODD/OAT.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Xellith View Post
    Gonna try EVE Online when my subscription runs out. Can you suggest anything else to try? That or I might just go "outside".
    Hope you like griefing because EVE has literally no rules other than "don't use exploits or hacks". Anything else is allowed. CCP does not interfere with player behavior in the game in any way.
    (1)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 12-14-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Character
    Xellith
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Hope you like griefing because EVE has literally no rules other than "don't use exploits or hacks". Anything else is allowed. CCP does not interfere with player behavior in the game in any way.
    I prefer that to SE where there are one set of rules for one group and one set of rules for another.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost
    Eleven Fajin boots!
    We did Voidwatch today and Eleven Fajin Boots dropped!! Yay! Thank you Square Enix Incorporated! The Three People that got them today were really happy

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xellith View Post
    Gonna try EVE Online when my subscription runs out. Can you suggest anything else to try? That or I might just go "outside".
    Perhaps going outside and play the game of "real life" is not a bad idea You can't cast magic and no one is going to help you with "balance" when things don't quite work out - it's rather hardcore challenge I would say, more difficult than AV or Pandemonium Warden. Or you can just play other console games - there are tons of amazing ones released this holiday season. Use your money for something else, and wait for another updates or two that will "balance" this game. The future of FFXI is becoming the grindfest of yesteryear and hamster wheel activities - for some reasons this all they can come up with, knowing that they have a new team leader.
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Urteil View Post
    I wish he'd go join the team for Hello Kitty Online.
    OMG let this be true please - that would be the best Christmas gift ever for the entire community. I think Hello Kitty online needs some challenge and not enough kitty wheel grind activities, not to mention that game seriously could use a few nerf bombs right and left.
    (2)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    OMG let this be true please - that would be the best Christmas gift ever for the entire community. I think Hello Kitty online needs some challenge and not enough kitty wheel grind activities, not to mention that game seriously could use a few nerf bombs right and left.
    I think I still have a free copy of that from pax 2 years ago laying around.
    (1)

Character
    Sonshou
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 98
    Balance...... I presume they are not talking about the balance between individual characters, or the 20 playable jobs avaliable.

I think it is the balance between the players and the developers. so that the players will keep on NEEDing the dev team, and therefore they will never run out of job that pay them.

Remind me of that joke, a Doctor's son went to medical school and finally become a doctor. After curing the first patient, he is so proud and tell his father "I finally cure the patient that you couldn't cure for 20 years." And the father says calmly, "Son, he has been paying your school fees from primary school to medical school."
    (5)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'll be the first to admit I was very vocal about the new ws being as powerful as empyrean ws, which I stand by my statement that it was total bs to have them as powerful. However, making them useless is even worse. I was hoping Mythic, Empyrean, and Relic would get a boost in damage so that the new ws would still be worth getting, not threaten owners of mythic, relic, empyrean, and not be the sick joke that the other quested weapon skills are such as Savage blade, etc. Let the new ws shine, just balance it out, don't kill the dam things and make them pointless. This is coming from one who argued against the ws orginal strength, but please making them only as good as current average ws is absolutely pointless, even if they were free to acquire. Keep the 100 merit points, but they got to be worth something.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxedrane View Post
    I can understand them not wanting them to be as strong as empyreon or the stronger nyzul weaponskills. However have they seriously not stop to think what they are asking from us? We can only choose 3 if we want the maximun damage and we have to dump 100 merits into each one. Yet they are balancing it against skills we get at level 65-70 that we simply get for being at that skill level? Really?

They need to make a choice here. If their decision is to balance them on with the common mans best weaponskills then they should not be involved in the merit system at all. Becuase, What are we merited them for? So I can have a more consistent hexa strike with the same animation but the final hit? However in the end hexa has the potential to do more damage becuase of the critical hit aspect of the weaponskill? So I am dumping 100 merits into this weaponskill, changing all my current gear for what exactly?

Hell club doesn't even get a special effect. H2H got plague, Polearm got critical evasion down, even though it's square excuse for keeping that skill mostly worthless sword got ignores defense. Club got nothing. At first I thought it was square saying fuck you to white mage melee as per usual. However I got on the test server and was like holy balls the damage, then thought, "Oh, they just made it a really strong weaponskill no special effect needed." Now they are nerfing it down to hexa strike level.

If your gonna keep going down this road square just take the merit part of the equation out. Because it would be unbalanced for you to ask us to do all this much for weaponskills that are meant to compete for ones we only get for being that skill level.
    Couldn't have said it any better, I still would like to see them out perform the old poor man's best ws, give them something to use at 99, ya' know.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Crazyvic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Balance.? Giving my opinion

In my opinion for balance a MMRPG not just FFXI any good MMRPG, is necesary a big Dev team 15 - 20 people cant change the things a lot Men power is needed. Updates often are necesary .(Aion have over 200 people working dev team) Why i use aion as example, because aion have over 3 millons of active users...

After of see all this Weapon Skill updates and all the VW drop system drama.
    Im starting think probably Square Enix have a dedicated group of programers apart and they just make the FFXI updates without a real Knowedge about the game. Then FFXI dev team, just upload what the dedicated SE programer group send.

If this is the case our dev team cant do anything in the game they only inform us of what have planed SE for us. Admin people = People handle forums/youtube/twiter/facebook/publicity with the game only that, they cant program and they not are 3D artists.

Im starting think this's the reality of our Dev Team.

Im starting think Dear Square enix is balancing FFXI, Following estricty what the book say.

The book say a MMRPG is about.

Grind, Grind and more Grind.
    Enemies involve a great numbers of players
    Slow progress for the people keep paying the month
    Minimiun Job updates. So when the game is dying "Even more" They can come us with a new expansion, with content balance game.
    When only 1 server left. Implement a Real Cash shop in Square enix with items super rare like Masamune lv 99. 80 dolars etc. Maybe in a future we will see things like this for keep the game alive..

They are going with "What the book say" And no what the comunity and the dev team Know feel is correct

Im surprised Camate and the other moggles are answering our questions.

In Aion, Lineage2, Phantasy star universe jp etc. The dev team DONT TAKE THE MODALS FOR JUST ANSWER 1 Thing, not is for defend our dev team but at least they have modals for answer.

In NCSOFT AION. They make a update for korean server. Then THE UPDATE FOR NA come 8 months after, with lots of bugs and shit, they dont event take care if the Na comunity is happy with the update nothing just "There is the shit eat that fast"

(Aahh guess what? in aion for make 1 character WORTHY FOR RAID AND PVP TAKE AT LEAST 16 MONTHS OF GRIND, or if you are millonarie 1500+ dolars)

I hope our DEV team have the control totally the game and i'm surprised they are attending our questions at least a little.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast