Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

A small reminder to Square enix

In 2006 http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/top.../060330_1.html

Dark Knight
    We notice a trend of many dark knights only using greatswords in higher levels because of the skillchain possibilities, and we would like to change that. We want to motivate dark knights to return to using their scythes once again. Also, the dark knight-exclusive spells do not seem to be used as often as we hoped, so we are discussing changing them to make them more effective.
    Just putting it out there since you making scythe a USELESS weapon unless you have Apoc or you add some crazy magic buff for DRK.

As for the spells side still waiting /sigh
    (6)
    Last edited by Rezeak; 12-12-2011 at 11:26 PM.
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    That was 5 years ago man. Either they forgot about it or its not going to happen.
    Im hoping for the crazy magic buff. Maybe entropy wont be that powerful Damage wise because we will be able to nuke -> WS -> nuke -> WS etc.
    A short casting time nuke (or 2) that costs like 200 mp would give us a base 20 tp or more with af+ would allow a cool and different dynamic for gaining tp when paired up with entropy. That would make us use scythe.
    We need to see where they are going with this.

I must say im diggin the Great Sword love though.
    (0)

Player
    I'm not dissin the Great sword love, but my gosh scythes have been repeatedly brutally beaten since the cap increase... Having both equivalently powerful just means that people that play drk have the option to use their favorite weapon and not be subject to ridicule for not using <insert superior weapon of the time here>. I like both for what they do, but I have always preferred scythe.

SE I beg of you, DON'T MAKE SCYTHE OR GS STRONGER THAN THE OTHER! If they're equal there will be a lot of variation between DRKs because they'll be using their favorite weapon.
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    You're expecting scythe fixes from the people who gave fencer to WAR, etc. in the apparent hope of encouraging them to use a shield?
    (0)

Player
    I know.... I have optimistic intentions but realistic mentality x.x I'M WEIRD!
    (0)

Character
    Milianna
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 96
    Scythes not useless, most have better add effects, don't have to wait till lvl 99 to multi hit WS *no one cares about that cuz they all in abyssea anyways, can SC easy with itself... learn how to use one instead of calling them useless.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zemarin View Post
    Scythes not useless, most have better add effects, don't have to wait till lvl 99 to multi hit WS *no one cares about that cuz they all in abyssea anyways, can SC easy with itself... learn how to use one instead of calling them useless.
    Haha~ Don't tell me how to use scythes ^^. Most of the added effects don't work on anything that's worth a darn. And scythe WSs are mostly only good for weak mobs. High-end NMs will take considerably less damage from scythes(unless yo use Souleater with your multi-hit WS, but then you'll pull hate and most likely die if you aren't a decent player). Yes entropy can SC with itself and can more easily make darkness, but GS can now do what scythe does and better. ALSO GS can easily make Light for a LOT more damage than Scythe can for Darkness(and it can also make Darkness just as easily as well).

It's not that scythes are *useless* it's just anything that Scythe can do, GS can do better now(played around with Resolution the other day, was doing 7k+ on dolls in abyssea - altepa [and resolution is supposed to be better against higher lvl mobs] at 4/5 and logged after making it 5/5.... Just saying)
    (0)

Character
    Ezekial
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    scythe a USELESS weapon unless you have Apoc
    Make an Apoc then?
    (0)

Character