Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Extend Waltz Potency Cap ?

As easy as this. Dancer has its recasts. Seems that SE will not change them.

But why for the love of god is there a 30% Waltz Potency cap while normal Cure Potency has a 50% Cap?

And without changeing recasts... a higher Potency cap would sure help Dnc in the supportive Direction..... a bit ...... small bit.

Whats everyone thinking?
    (1)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Uhm... Unless you want to cure inside abyssea it doesn't really seem that "potency" is the issue here.
    The issue imho is recast, too many different things packed together into the same cooldown, which can be a looong cooldown for higher tiers, over 20 seconds.

There is only a single piece in-game atm that reduces waltz recast, and only by 2sec. The fact that such piece is an excellent job for other jobs doesn't help.
    Since SE isn't likely to split cooldowns (sadly...) what they should do IMHO is release new equipment.
    A new head one (so that people won't be able to stack it with the previous one) that gives -X seconds recast. To make this piece interesting they should make the reduction not fixed but %. That way it will be noticeable for high tiers, but not overpowered for low tiers.
    They should also release a new item that augments Healing Waltz, so that it can erase more status effect (like song debuffs for example) and maybe 2 at a time? Would be very nice. Maybe at the cost of 2x the TP?
    (5)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Recast is an issue as well, but an arbitrary Waltz cap that can be reached by anyone using a single Atmacite (Atmacite of Unity) is stupid.
    (2)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I agree it's lame and it doesn't make sense that it caps at 30 instead of 50, but my point is that I'm a bit scared of whining about it.
    Knowing SE they might uncap it from 30 to 50 and do absolutely nothing about recast.

If we really have to make our voices heard I'd rather it be on the recast issue instead of the potency one (can always whine about that later )
    Thinking again at my idea, I really like the % recast one.
    Take the -2 seconds current one. It's surely nice of course, but it doesn't really make a huge difference on stuff like Curing Waltz V. Sure, 21 seconds is better than 23, but it's still a lot.
    Making that amount high enough for it to be noticeable with stuff like Curing Waltz V (like... -5 sec?) would at the same time make the piece a bit too powerful for things like Curing Waltz III (altough one could argue that you can't really spam CW3 infinitely, since you're still bound to finish TP sooner or later).
    Having the -recast bonus on a % thing instead that fixed would make it more balanced for all tiers

Which % do you think would be balanced? Not too small, not too overpowered? I think 20%, no less than that, maybe 25%.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zhronne; 12-13-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I've always said that it's stupid to tie a necessary fix to a job to a piece of gear. They need to lower the recasts of Waltzes IV and V, not put a crutch into the game so they're useful at all.
    (2)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    That's true, but it's a "flaw" in their game design that their show in a wide array of aspects, we can't really expect them to change their minds just this once, just for DNCs.
    I'd love your scenario much more of course, instead than an inventory+1 item (especially with my current inventory problems!), it's just that I consider more "realistically possible" the inventory solution, while yours (which I'd like a billions times more) seems very unlikely
    Maybe I'm just being pessimistic, I don't know...
    (0)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    First off I totally agree about the recast timers..... then again that has been a Topic forever and a Day... i never use any waltz higher than 3 due to recasts its admittedly an Issue but pls... dont wander to far Offtopic :P

Its just that any DNC whos serious about it sits @ 30% Waltz Potency in Cure Gear and while useing ONLY W3 due to recast. It matters a lot in events where you dont meele continously. While i have np keeping my TP up... admittedly sometimes with rolls but thats normally not the case.....

Recasts will Prevent me from higher Waltzes yes. SO unless the recasts is, at least for 4 and 5 are fixed....
    I'd wish for better potency Gear to at least get W3 to a decent cure Output.

BTW 1180 W5 on a PLD is Simply to less for 23 Sec recast seriously as mutch as i feel lowerd Timers on 4 and 5 and Healing Waltz (Not event thinking about splits yet :P) would help.

I think Potency would put a more supportive feel to it.

And looking at Rdm not getting Cure 5 ever, but Potency Gear...... I'd say Dnc deserves the Same Potency Cap in Gear to not 'degrade' us to DD's and Soloers.

Im not trying to steal a WHMs Job.... But I'd like to do resonable cures.

Where's the Waltz Potency Magian Wep? XD Don't care if i need to farm 300 light Geodes :P (A Recast Wep would be acceptable too, but it may overpower /dnc)
    (0)
    Last edited by Eri; 12-15-2011 at 01:54 AM.
    Odin Server

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The only way I could see potency fixing the problem, is if they made waltz 2 cure for like 450, waltz 3 cure for 800, and waltz 4 cure for like 1400. That way we could continue to not use 5.
    (0)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    The only way I could see potency fixing the problem, is if they made waltz 2 cure for like 450, waltz 3 cure for 800, and waltz 4 cure for like 1400. That way we could continue to not use 5.
    Ends Up with raising the lvl of W3 to lv51 I'd be cool with that.
    (0)
    Odin Server

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Well, imop this is the real problem with our Waltz tier setup.

Look at the first table:
    * Go to the "175 : Main -5 TP" column, which means 175 combined VIT/CHR as DNC with -5 TP pants.
    * Compare Curing Waltz III to IV and V.
    * Notice that it is pretty comparably efficient in terms of HP/TP.
    * Consider that overflow (healing for more HP than you needed to) is more of an issue with Curing Waltz IV and V than with III.
    * /rage

Look at the next table.
    * Look at the "175 : Main -2" column, which means 175 combined VIT/CHR with Recast -2 seconds.
    * Compare Curing Waltz III to IV and V.
    * /rage

I use Curing Waltz V in these situations:
    * Between Saber Dance usages in Abyssea, if necessary.
    * If I'm taking a pretty predictable amount of damage (no big TP moves), don't need to heal much, and don't want my attack rounds delayed
    * Hail Mary Cure in bad situations when I don't want hate.

I think that the main advantage of Curing Waltz IV/V was supposed to be their reduced Enmity. Considering we're one of the most durable jobs in the game, I think that was a little misguided.
    (2)

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast