Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Additional Attack for Spell casts

We've been talking about this on the RDM forums for awhile and I thought I should share. Would you cast magic more often if casting magic awarded you an additional attack that would TP while you are casting a spell? Think of it like Zanshin for spell casting, instead of for missed attacks. If you use a spell that also benefits from OA, then hopefully you will actually net gain TP, even if you don't necessarily net gain DPS.

We have a typical RDM quagmire going on where people are spouting their 'knowledge' of how the FFXI game engine works as a justification for why RDM should or should not melee, as opposed to actually talking about the idea. But for you guys, I doubt a debate on whether DRKs should melee will come up, so hopefully you can actually have a discussion.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Im not sure im understanding the idea correctly. so activate ability >> start casting >> ability makes you swing while casting?
    (0)

Character
    Returner
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    I have been suggesting this for ages, make it so that casting doesn't interrupt our swing. For game balance, maybe make it that any swing during casting will only do 2/3 of the damage, but still get full tp, which is what really matters. If a pld can shield block during casting, a drk should be able to attack during casting. The JP have suggested a bonus swing after every dark magic casting instead. I just don't understand how SE doesn't seem to understand that we will only cast if it doesn't cripple our melee.
    (0)
    Returner - Formerly known as Nameless

Ragnarok - TheExpendables

DRK | PLD | BLM | RDM | DRG

Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I would like it if it is like a job trait or a stance ability that stays on. I feel like I should cast when i have to go out of melee range, because of AoE or procs or w/e to get extra tp. But yeah an ability like this would get me casting even with our current crappy Tier nukes. Because it would mean some free TP.

I would really like to see elemental nukes on DRK have some kind of functionality though. Like mixing elemental nukes to get a custom "chainbound" effect to WS on, like kosen-ittai but with more hassle involved.

Or maybe even have an Elemental nuke make the enemy more susceptible to a PHYSICAL WS of that skillchain element.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'd cast magic if it offered some utility, debuffing power, or aided in the death of the monster in a constructive way.

I do not refrain from casting only because it stalls my melee, I do it because on the whole it has a marginal impact at best.

Even if my DPS was lowered but I could aid the conflict in some other way, I'd cast every time it was appropriate to do so.
    (1)