Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70
  1. #1
    Player Darkwizardzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    155

    Questions from the black mages of Vana'diel!

    Ok sense for the past two weeks or so the developers have been giving answers to questions for some of the jobs in this game sooner or later they will answer questions about our job. The thing is... I don't think blms have been asking many questions so I've made a thread for us to. With any luck they will see this and take the time to answer some of our questions.

    Below I will list the questions people have as they are given. If you have a question just post in this thread. If it can be answered by the playerbase we will answer it.. otherwise I will add it to the OP in the following list.

    Current questions:

    * Will there ever be another line of elemental enfebbiling spells? (burn, shock, ect) If not are there any plans to increase the power of these spells?

    * Why was the trait "Occult Acumen" given to the black mages when most blm change staff items (based on the current spell they are casting) all the time? Do you actually plan to make a single weapon (staff or otherwise) that does everything in the future?

    * Are there any plans to add bindga to our spell list?

    * The carrying of many of the Obi's from the quest: "In the name of science" is a burden for our inventory. Are there any plans to allow us to combine them into one obi via synergy or another method?

    * How does the Goetia gloves +2 enhance the effect of the job ability: "Enmity Douse" ?

    * Can we have a job ability that increases the effectiveness of elemental magic to be equal to the most powerful elemental magic spell available?

    Answered questions:

    * Will the ancient magic II spells be adjusted when you change the merits? Currently the tier V spells outclass them in every way (the only thing they can't do is lower resistants to an element but that isn't enough to justify casting them any more because of there high mp cost).

    * With the perpetually ever-increasing MP requirements for casting higher level spells, are there plans to decrease the insanely large gap in Galka MP pools versus every other race?

    * The black mage mythic weapon (Laevateinn) becomes out done by magian staffs like Varuna's staff +2 (Ice affinty: Magic accuracy +1, Ice affinty: Magic Damage +5, Ice affinty: casting time -12%) in magic damage due to the stat "magic attack bouns" having less effect on damage the more of it you have...is this on purpose? If so why? and if not do you have plans to address this so that the weapon is more worth while to obtain?

    * Are there any plans to add breakga to our spell list? (job adjustment shows that we will get this spell)


    Don't by shy Black Mages! it's time for our questions to be heard!!!
    (1)
    Last edited by Darkwizardzin; 09-07-2011 at 05:45 AM.

  2. #2
    Player Ordoric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    110
    Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    what you want a single staff that outclasses all 8 elestaves and the magian counterparts?
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

  3. #3
    Player Bubeeky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    328
    Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    I can't speak for other blms, but I don't personally have any questions because blm rules atm lol...plus, they already said that we're getting both comet and meteor as we go forward, so that answers my only questions
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

  4. #4
    Player Darkwizardzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordoric View Post
    what you want a single staff that outclasses all 8 elestaves and the magian counterparts?
    Considering the amount of work it takes to make a mythic... hell yes. or If not that at least give it somthing so that it's not borderline useless.
    (0)

  5. #5
    Player Darkwizardzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubeeky View Post
    I can't speak for other blms, but I don't personally have any questions because blm rules atm lol...plus, they already said that we're getting both comet and meteor as we go forward, so that answers my only questions
    Yea I think blm's have little adjustment issues atm too... (other then the first and 3rd question I have above I think blm is fine where it is) but I just made this thread just in case other people think there are issues that should be changed about black mage.
    (0)
    Last edited by Darkwizardzin; 08-11-2011 at 11:34 PM.

  6. #6
    Player Terasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12
    Character
    Terasan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I do have a question regarding Black Mages, mostly for new/restarting players though...
    Why are drop rates on highly useful scrolls such as the ones needed for amber !! weaknesses in Abyssea so low, and drop from so few avenues? For example... Quake scrolls only drop from high-level NMs or a few BCNM/ISNMs and at a fairly low rate, given the rarity of the NMs. I can understand the overall rate of acquiring Ancient Magic or Tier IV scrolls being *low* but not that low The same goes for other jobs, of course, Raise III being another perfect example. In order to complete my spell list for Black Mage, I'm either expected to camp the enemies that drop the scrolls for an average drop rate of 5% and a 16 minute+ respawn timer on all of them, or pay nearly 2 million gil (on Asura server) for 7 spells.

    Not all of us have access to a THF alt or have the gil to level THF on our main to increase the drop rates to a more reasonable rate instead of sub-10% (According to the various wikis).

    Other ways to acquire these now-*required* spells or a general increase in drop rates for these scrolls would be great.
    (0)

  7. #7
    Player Darkwizardzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    155
    Quote Originally Posted by Terasan View Post
    I do have a question regarding Black Mages, mostly for new/restarting players though...
    Why are drop rates on highly useful scrolls such as the ones needed for amber !! weaknesses in Abyssea so low, and drop from so few avenues? For example... Quake scrolls only drop from high-level NMs or a few BCNM/ISNMs and at a fairly low rate, given the rarity of the NMs. I can understand the overall rate of acquiring Ancient Magic or Tier IV scrolls being *low* but not that low The same goes for other jobs, of course, Raise III being another perfect example. In order to complete my spell list for Black Mage, I'm either expected to camp the enemies that drop the scrolls for an average drop rate of 5% and a 16 minute+ respawn timer on all of them, or pay nearly 2 million gil (on Asura server) for 7 spells.

    Not all of us have access to a THF alt or have the gil to level THF on our main to increase the drop rates to a more reasonable rate instead of sub-10% (According to the various wikis).

    Other ways to acquire these now-*required* spells or a general increase in drop rates for these scrolls would be great.
    It's part of the game's economy... as where warriors and other DD jobs have hard to get gear... we mages have hard to get spells. You just have to deal with the drop rates or gather the gil needed to buy them from the auction house (thats why its there).

    This game always has had hard to get items it's just a matter of working hard enough to gain those items.

    Quote Originally Posted by Terasan View Post
    Not all of us have access to a THF alt or have the gil to level THF on our main to increase the drop rates to a more reasonable rate instead of sub-10% (According to the various wikis).
    There are many many other ways to get gil in this game... try out logging/mining or level a craft.
    (0)
    Last edited by Darkwizardzin; 08-12-2011 at 02:02 AM.

  8. #8
    Player Terasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    12
    Character
    Terasan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I was still planning on saving the gil to buy them, I was just suggesting to maybe increase the availability of the scrolls. My luck stinks so anything chance-based like drops and crafting I tend to avoid. Just sucks when you're expected to have these spells but you have to shell out upwards of 700k for just one of them because the supply is so low.

    Makes me regret NPCing all those scrolls of Quake and Bliz IV I'd get from ISNMs on my old character :|
    (0)

  9. #9
    Player Darkwizardzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    155
    No other questions?
    (0)

  10. #10
    Player Darkwizardzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    155
    With thanks to ff11ah.com I've added the following questions:


    * Why was the trait "Occult Acumen" given to the black mages when most blm change staff items (based on the current spell they are casting) all the time? Do you actually plan to make a single weapon (staff or otherwise) that does everything in the future?

    * With the perpetually ever-increasing MP requirements for casting higher level spells, are there plans to decrease the insanely large gap in Galka MP pools versus every other race?

    * Are there any plans to add breakga and bindga to our spell list?

    * The carrying of many of the Obi's from the quest: "In the name of science" is a burden for our inventory. Are there any plans to allow us to combine them into one obi via synergy or another method?


    More questions are welcome.
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast