Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    i think ultima would work nicely for blm it seems to be more potent than meteor and far more destructive. meteor would be cool to but that looks more like a true non elemental spell based on the 8 elements of this game btw carby can use a meteor based attack. that tells me its light based. Demi would be nice holy 2 would be sexy if it did dmg.
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I still have to question, why are you suggesting other job's spells in the BLM forum?
    (0)

Player
    Seconded. Just list potential spells ideas for BLM. Nevermind that you want to give magic well beyond the capabilities of a jack of all trades, please post ideas for other jobs in the appropriate forum areas.

While I wish some class had access to Repatriation, it is indeed white magic, thus outside the realm of Blms (unless subbed for it).

Please Square Enix, no nonelemental magic, especially for Blm! Assign it an element or multiple ones if deemed necessary. Again, Flare was typically (and nonsensically) nonelemental before this game.
    (0)

4. 03-21-2011 02:10 PM

Character
    Kuwabaraone
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Momotarotaru View Post
    Talk about the spell.
    I would like to see combo of spells... like Weapon skill chain but spell.

or make new spell when 2 or more mages cast same or different spell in the same time to same target.
    Example
    we can make ICE STORM when 1 mage cast Blizzard and 1 mage cast Aero
    OR Electric Wave Thunder spell + Water spell.
    OR Slow + Stone = Super Slow
    OR Slow + Stonega = Slowga.
    OR Sleep + Bio = Nightmare
    OR Holy + aspir (drain sleep) = aspir (drain sleep) but light element.

OR make Super Light damage with Holy (Banish) + Thunder + Fire + Wind
    same go with Super Dark damage with Blizzard + Stone + Water
    Maybe I dream too much XD
    So like with how Skillchains increase damage for magic, trying certain spell combinations induce higher tier Elemental Spells? Could they also trigger greater potentcy in WS followups too, essentially closing the loop? This could be interesting, but we'll definitely need to flesh this idea out. Possibly a different thread for it. Was also thinking that the spell "Mini" and "Imp" could also be in the BLM repitoire. "Demi" too, just to name a few. I just hope they don't nerf Meteor badly...or better that they give it the Cumulative Damage Boost effect. I'd DEFINITELY use it. >.<)b

KB1
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelsasuke View Post
    BLM: Death(prolly cost like 600mp and 1 in 5 chance of working but worth it)/ Meteor/ Comet/ Bio III (was always used by BLM mobs but never given to BLM)

BLU: Maybe one of the added effect KO moves, or something like tribulation

SMN: Ixion/Bahamut and xtra skill up on smn skill(for those of us who dont use a bot to keep it capped)

WHM/PLD: Holy II and Dia III(was always used by whm mobs but never given to whm)

DRK: Death or Absorb Buff Spell

NIN: Jubaku: NI, and Maybe San: Debuffs

SCH: Id have to agree with tier II helix

RDM: Ultima, Amnesia, Stop, Gravity II

BRD: song to decrease enemy movement speed
    Need to get rid of merit spells but why dia III for pld?

i would go far and say dia III should be used by rdm and whm and rdm could get dia IV though 99 merit.

75 merit spells are pointless now
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I still have to question, why are you suggesting other job's spells in the BLM forum?
    Dew was suggesting Spells for all Jobs, Kaji. There isn't a All Mage category...so why not post that list here? Her/his list is more respectively organized if it was altogether. I like the organization of it.

But, I am indeed, confused by her/his color scheme. o.o
    (0)
    "The only reason why I kill you is because.....you pointed your sword at my pride." -Byakkya-
    "The only thing for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Alucard-
    I love idiots. Oh wait, no I don't. Idiots are stupid. XD lols
    Red Mage, White Mage, and Samurai Princess.
    90 RDM, 90 WHM, and 90 SAM - All well equiped.

Character
    Kuwabaraone
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I am SERIOUSLY liking Dew's Spell List. That's what we need towards 99, but I doubt we'll get them all. I also like the added effects that they have too. If we can combine that with the "Magic-Chains" Momotarutaru thought up, we can see some impressive results. The DOWNSIDE is the testing and QA phase, as there are a LOT of combinations to try out. Some I don't see possible in XI though (Toad, Choco, Mog) due to them not being effective enough to use. As others won't make it due to those characters/names are already in use (Gilgamesh one of them, but would be nice to see Excalipoor for laughs). If Square Enix is reading this, skip over/up to Dew's List of Spells and see what you can come up with. I see all of them possible but only the Devs can make the final call.

KB1
    (0)

Character
    Zackan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    I think that they should give blm's some spells equivalent too alexander and odin, basically give me some spells that i can only use when manafont is active.
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    whm should totally get ultima
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    LVL 92. Thunder V
    LVL 93. Blizzaja
    LVL 94. Stone VI
    LVL 95. Water VI
    LVL 96. Aero VI and Thundaja
    LVL 97. Fire VI
    LVL 98. Blizzard VI
    LVL 99. Thunder VI and Meteor

Also, have the Tier 6 spells BLM exclusive. Meaning no SCH learning that. We don't need Death, we can kill unimportant stuff in the first nuke of a T6. Most of the time in a T5. And anything worth casting Death on will be 100% resistant to that spell anyway.

But go ahead and give SCHs their T2 helixes and weather effects. They need to be special from everyone else anyway.
    (1)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast