Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Would Immanence on DRK get you casting?

So if DRK got a ja somewhere along the lines of immanence where you could chain with your own spells, and maybe give some amount of mag att would you cast more?

Or maybe make a job ability that absorbs your last 2 casts elements in a "charge" phase then gives a chainbound effect mixing those 2 elements in a "use" phase.

If i had that id be casting much more.
    (0)

Character
    Vassago
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Lower recast on drain/drain 2, dread spikes so that they are a viable way to heal up after taking the large amounts of damage the Dev team is forcing us to take with scarlett delirium..

Having my elemental tier 3 nukes do more then 200 damage.

Fix occult acumen so that said nukes return the same amount of TP as the swing/swings I lose while casting.

Give me an actual dark knight nuke, not some rdm tier magic attackless scraps.

Make Absorbs not diminish.

Magic Attack Bonus.

But most of all what would make me cast is a good reason to do it.
    (4)

Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Wouldn't being able to perform a light or darkness skillchain be a good enough reason?
    (0)

Character
    Nightfyre
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Wouldn't being able to perform a light or darkness skillchain be a good enough reason?
    You do know you can't create a T3 skillchain with Immanence, right? Spells are all single-property so the best they can do is a T2. You'd still be better off not casting.
    (0)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    perma quick cast might
    (1)

Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    This wouldnt be exactly immanence, you can have an ability like immanence OR you can have a charge ability where you mix two spells then activate a chainbound effect with those two spells elements, then put your WS on top of that to get light or darkness.

The idea is to have dark use their low tier elemental nukes for something other than just spell damage, which is obviously not going to happen with low tier (without lots of help from MAB etc.) And could give drk a fun twist.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rampage; 12-09-2011 at 03:23 AM.

Character
    Vassago
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Well as it stands right now casting delays your race to WS, so I dont understand what you mean by that.

Absorb-TP? lolnuke MB?
    (0)

Character
    Rampage
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Ok so ability would work like this:
    /ja Dark Immanence >> activates "charge phase" >> cast fire II >> cast aero II >> now darkimmanence has fire and wind properties >> /ja "dark immanence" <t> >> Enemy is chainbound >> use weaponskill = skillchain
    (0)

Character
    Vassago
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Thats like telling rdm to swing his staff a couple times to make a nuke a little stronger.

Our magical foundation needs to be strengthen before we stack more things on it, and that includes new spells.

Death- any spell that instantly KO's will have to be nerfed to near oblivion. Why more useless impractical spells?
    Doom-same as above.
    Immanence- level 2 SC is hardly worth all that, they should fix our job before polluting it with other jobs crappy mechanics.
    (2)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    drk's don't want to cast elemental magic, it slows down their dps. If SE wants more DRK casting then give drk more dark magic specific spells and enfeebles, death, doom, terror, stun2, bio 3, darkness (the drk version of holy with attack down instead of defense down like banish), darkness 2, en-plague or plague, void (AOE dark damage with bio and poison, can give to blm if you like and high magic cost is fine, just make spells that do something, better drk have a few high damage dark based nukes then a bunch of crappy low tier elemental spells)
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast