Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Death Spell

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Actually i'm not joking just a little bit pissed how people flame/cry about SE and how the can't do anything!
    there should be a Thank You Camate for reading all the stuff and pass the info to the DEV team
    of course people come back with the i pay for the game i need/want stuff now!

but serously everyone who playd 5-6-7 years ago know there were rarely updates and now SE doing a lot more for people why isn this just enough?
    (0)
    Last edited by Kriegsgott; 12-08-2011 at 06:26 PM. Reason: typo

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    SE would do as follows:

Death: Deals Darkness damage to the enemy, Occasionally causes KO. (activation rate: 10%)
    DRK 99

Cast Time: 10 seconds
    Recast : 6 minutes 66 seconds. (possibly)
    MP Cost: 666 (This is actually in the .DATs)

Personally I'd prefer:

Grim Strikes (JA)
    While under the effects of Grim Strikes your attacks will occasionally cause Doom, Plague or KO.
    DRK 75 (20% Plague - 15% Doom - 10% Death)
    Duration: 3.00 - Recast: 5.00

Vampiric Strikes (Trait)
    Occasionally converts damage dealt to HP.
    DRK 50 (10% activation)
    I like that idea, so much can be done with this job but SE refuse to do any real work on drk, its almost like its a chore for them to brainstorm and come up with content for a drk update. Blm have talked about comet for years, and now they finally got it, well now its our turn now and we should get "death" as a drk exclusive spells, none of this blm can get it later through the new tier 2 merit or pup blm fame get it...no, but dark knight exclusive only. By the way can we get a +A in dark magic skill to supercede blm -A, there should be a difference between us and blm in term of using dark magic.
    (0)
    Last edited by Cljader1; 12-08-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegsgott View Post
    Actually i'm not joking just a little bit pissed how people flame/cry about SE and how the can't do anything!
    there should be a Thank You Camate for reading all the stuff and pass the info to the DEV team

but serously everyone who playd 5-6-7 years ago know there were rarely updates and now SE doing a lot more for people why is this just enough?
    Everyone is nice to Camate, he just passes along the messages and what the DEV's say. No one has blamed him. The blame is entirely on the Dev's as stated many times.

The balance wasn't such an issue at 75 as much as it is now. So many jobs are OP (WAR, WHM and MNK as prime examples) and so many are left in the dust with no fixes even mentioned.
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

but serously everyone who playd 5-6-7 years ago know there were rarely updates and now SE doing a lot more for people why isn this just enough?
    Well if we got more comments in the drk forum that would help a great deal, even if they say we'll look into it or something along those lines. To me all responses from the development team or the forum staff are welcome
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Obviously, the Doom/Death effects from these spells are pretty much just there for the flavor, while the main point of these spells (considering their high cost) is to exploit Occult Acumen. There have been many, many suggestions for this, but I don't think SE has really felt comfortable adding the Doom and Death spells in, due to the lack of use they would have on most things, but if instead the effect is just an added bonus you occasionally get, it would be much more useful.

Going along these lines, the spell could be a much closer analog to another suggestion that has been made, as a sort of Dark Magic version of Holy. The name isn't really important, whether you call it Unholy, or Darkness, or Doom or Death, the ideal is still there.

While it might not be the right solution in the end, I'm personally drawn to the spells being opposites of sorts, and would like a similar death effect for undead, but I think Raise isn't about to be made monster targetable any time soon, so Holy could fill that role. As such, here is the idea:

Doom
    Deals Dark elemental damage to an enemy. Additional effect: Doom.
    Spell cost: 100 MP
    Spell element: Dark
    Magic skill: Dark Magic
    Black Mage lvl 50
    Dark Knight lvl 55
    Casting Time: 0.75 seconds
    Recast Time: 60 seconds

Death
    Deals Dark elemental damage to an enemy. Additional effect: Doom or Death.
    Spell cost: 150 MP
    Spell element: Dark
    Magic skill: Dark Magic
    Black Mage lvl 95
    Dark Knight lvl 99
    Casting Time: 1.5 seconds
    Recast Time: 55 seconds

Holy and Holy II might have the same additional effects as Doom and Death respectively, but only against undead. Obviously, NMs are immune.

On the levels, they are obviously to be mirrors of Holy but with the more appropriate jobs, but I have a slight feeling that the two I have listed might be switched for flavor reasons. Regardless, Dark Knight is supposed to, and would get much more utility out of both.

I suppose there could be a merit category for the effect Dark Knight gets as well for proc rate, but I'm not sure how useful that would be. A merit category for Occult Acumen effect would be a better improvement to these spells.
    (0)
    Last edited by Economizer; 12-08-2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Adding Merit Thought

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    tbh i have to say the last update isn really a masterpiece of work for DRK of course...
    the last MNK updates if there were any didn made me happy and i'm even more unhappy with Relic vs Empy but all what i can do is waiting for the lvl 99 and lets see how our Jobs get pimped/gimped!

anyways lets not run off topic i dont wand to get the Thread closed

as a Bonus Idea
    if you guys get Death as Spell or not wouldn it be nice to get a JA for party members to increase the Death Spell resist?
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Well I do think Death and Doom flavored spells should be drk exclusive spells, I know blu has several spells that inflict doom which are blue magic of course, but drk should have there own unique version of doom and death in there dark magic section.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    tbh i have to say the last update isn really a masterpiece of work for DRK of course...
    the last MNK updates if there were any didn made me happy and i'm even more unhappy with Relic vs Empy but all what i can do is waiting for the lvl 99 and lets see how our Jobs get pimped/gimped!

anyways lets not run off topic i dont wand to get the Thread closed

as a Bonus Idea
    if you guys get Death as Spell or not wouldn it be nice to get a JA for party members to increase the Death Spell resist?
    Bardark/ra would help that, I can't believe bar-dark and light haven't been added yet.
    (0)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Bardark/ra would help that, I can't believe bar-dark and light haven't been added yet.
    true & sad because SE seems to forget to add this for WHM the only way to increase the resistence against Light/Dark spells ar equip or a BRD
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Well there alot of things SE can do to add to many jobs, they already showed the can make things like comet, doom and death work. Now its time to fix drk's magic side, with the new entrophy ws, we need some GOOD magic to justify that ws. SE have said they were going to make drks the best at dark magic, lets start with some new spells that are actually worth something.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast