Character
    Lalandra
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Customizing the Automotons!

Sorry if this thread similar had been made before, but just to many to sift through.

Anyways, I'ld love see far more customizing of your automotons. And I don't mean the combat attatchments. I mean the actual apearance of the lil buggers. We need a store that will sell varoius heads/bodies for the autos. Maybe have store come avalable once you've finished all the head/body quests. From there, have them so can get all sorts unique looks for each of the combat setups.

New models for automoton combat would be nice as well. Like maybe a Mnk model that head/body looks like a lil monkey w/ long arms and uses HtH for blunt damage. And for customizing, variations of color paterns to make look cute or mean.

Someone noted idea for a blu puppet, his idea was rather interesting. I personly liked it and think should be implemented. Also a Brd frame could be rather fun, make a attachement that grants ability to have 2 songs up. This model not realy very combat effective and arms are hooked to a drum as it maintains a drumming look and smacks enemy with the drum once in a while. To not outdo the Brds, it's potency for songs not be as strong as a true brd, but still able to stack up with a real brd. Maybe even give it's songs slight different names so not be fighting with a bard.

Finaly for automotons to add I'ld love see a little drg like one. One arm having a lance and in other swinging a small wyvern toy above it's head! As this Drg model stabs it's aponent, it follows up with swatting of the lil wyvern toy. Occationaly it wil do jump and high jump depending on it's level.

Also, swaping out arms/legs would be nice as well. Keep the elemental aspect to head and body, but have the weapons it uses based on what arms you've got attatched. Perhaps this alter how much HP/Mp the overall build has as well.

Bit of AI ajust ment would be very nice ontop of all that. One big thing, Whm setup should be able cast Protect, even if it's only like Pro3. But, in whm setup be protecttra and get the entire party in effect including self. Then Rdm setup have Pro as well, but only cast on self and owner.

And one ability for mage in particular that I realy do wish would be added is the ability to cast outside of combat. Maybe name something like "Standing Ovation", sorry I can't spell. Lil guy takes a bow and casts a cure or buff, depending on what's needed. Give it a 1 minute timer.

I hope yall like these Ideas and definatly would love to see some of these implemented. I do love pup and think needs a lot more variety instead of just the slim selection the gave it.
    (1)

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Well this makes me happy that I'll be the first to reply to your post because it has a rather few good ideas that I'd imagine a lot of people would be quick to shut down because it arises ideas that probably won't happen.
    1. I think adding new pets is a fantastic idea. BRD, MNK, and expecially Blue Mage would be fun because I'd just like to see where Square Enix would go with it. It would increase the work load on Square Enix, but why not? I want them to complete the missing pets for Lv. 60, 70, 80, and 90 that they never added for each increment of 10 levels.
    * Blue Mage - I imagine they would have to add the spells and they wouldn't be learnable but already there. I would hope the pet would have a lot of the same aspects of the original job, but be slightly weaker in one way, but stronger in another... The pet may be able to mimick more complex spells that weren't accesible to Blue Mage, but is not anything overly strong in comparison. He could also wield a attached sword.
    * Bard - This I like because it adds a support type pet while increases automaton versatility. I would imagine they would make all spells aoe and similar to Bard, the pet would be more preficient in back up rather than meleeing.
    * Monk - I would imagine this pet would add to our melee/tankers through counter stance and strong H2H weapon skills. I would imagine his battle stance would be similar to that of Harliquin.
    * Dragoon - As for dragoon. I think this would be fun, but it isn't one of the "Generic" or main jobs like Monk/RDM/BLM/WHM so I don't think they would add this, but the idea is still worth thinking about.

My hopes is that Square Enix eventually adds a lot of pets because I imagine puppetmaster as being a "Mime". It wields a watered down form of every job increasing the stregnth in certain aspects, but still not being able to mimick the more complex ones that makes the original jobs so unique.

Also your idea about "Standing Ovation" which allows pets to cast outside of battle is great. I personally think it should be renamed "Bravo" because it's the act of repeating something already performed before. The problem with Puppetmaster getting all this enhancing magic I see is that we also have to be in battle to use it which takes away from the aspect of prebuffing for a fight, so this would solve this problem single handedly instead of having to find a mob everytime we need pro/shell V or haste... Really they could just make automatons act like NPCs outside of battle.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shinron-PUP; 12-08-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Character
    Lalandra
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quite glad like the overall idea. I will say though the Drg model was mostly just for sake of variety and unique looks. I love idea of having more variety so not so Uniform looks.
    (0)

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    You and me both .
    (0)

Character
    Tealvimsha
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Blue doll would never happen. Just...no. If anything, the only way it would work is if the doll copied the last move used on it (keeping a set of five 'copied') and they gave us an ability to keep the moves for a set amount of time without them being overwritten. Think of it like Plagiarism and Preserve in Ragnarok Online. I would really like to see a Bard doll. Or maybe a Corsair one. Also a Ninja doll would be great for tanking. Pop a wind maneuver for Utsusemi with Replicator as backup.
    (0)