Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I believe the OP's intent was to talk more about Harliquin/Stormwaker so far I've seen some fair arguments about why we don't need new weapons skill for SS and VE...but come on your telling me you don't cringe at the sit of "Genta readies Magic Mortar" when your pet is at 100% hp

I feel we don't need a new ws for SS or VE, but, I'd love to move on from the lvl71,74,75 Magic mortar to something a little more of a "mage ws" something that lowers magic evasion or Restores mp like Spirit Taker and Star/Moon light would be a nice addition and as long as i Genta is actually using his tp to do something other then 0-200dmg
    (2)

Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesahade View Post
    I believe the OP's intent was to talk more about Harliquin/Stormwaker so far I've seen some fair arguments about why we don't need new weapons skill for SS and VE...but come on your telling me you don't cringe at the sit of "Genta readies Magic Mortar" when your pet is at 100% hp

I feel we don't need a new ws for SS or VE, but, I'd love to move on from the lvl71,74,75 Magic mortar to something a little more of a "mage ws" something that lowers magic evasion or Restores mp like Spirit Taker and Star/Moon light would be a nice addition and as long as i Genta is actually using his tp to do something other then 0-200dmg
    You nailed my intent. I want to see something added to the Harliquin/Stormwaker pet more than I do for the Sharpshot and Valor Edge. What I would like to see to be honest is a weapon skill that deals damage and also cures back the pets HP similar to White Mage's new weapon skill and the Cannibal Blade from Valor Edge but just stronger. Harliquin is becoming a pretty formidable tank because of the added stregnth from armor plate II/I, Shock absorber, and the new spell Dread Spikes (Obtained from wearing Harliquin body and BLM head.) With this, Harliquin pet could inch more towards the current day Paladin and Valor Edge more towards warrior, where that's seemingly where they're going with Valor Edge.

What they need to do is separate the Harliquin and stromwaker's weapon skills into two branches after Magic Moarter because, quite frankly, they kind of are two different pets. You can even take notice to the stances where Harliquin has more of a fighter like stance and Stormwaker have a magic ready stance. With this being done, the harliquin can tank on the idea of a more pure mixture of all the pets and the Stormwaker can get more mage like weapon skills like Magic Evasion/Defense down ones as Tesahade brilliantly stated.

Weapon skills are a great opportunity to adding advantageous side attributes that allows for the pet to DD or tank better, so I believe this should be something added regardless of the contreversy over the maneuver system being a problem.

-- By the way, It is good that we're discussing the fact that the maneuver system is bad for weapon skills because that means that the dev team might forward this to Square Enix, so please keeps discussing this.

*They could even add aftermaths to pet weapon skills like
    String Shredder -->Aftermath Physical damage taken down or ocassionally attack twice/thrice.

Magic Moarter --> Aftermath: Magic Attack Bonus, occasional quick magic, or halves MP consumption on next spells for a set period of time.
    (1)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    the new Magic Mortar is not as bad as the current one.
    Plus you don't need a new WS to solve that "issue", a menu that allows us to select WSs from there instead than from manouvers would already solve that and many other ones.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Player
    need or not i vote YES on new WS magic motar is meh. some pups always say what we have is good enough but im on the wagon that its never good enough keep adding stuff, people who are satisfied will go about how they do and people who want new stuff can do it. id still prefer Valor to get some mp pools and cure but... that wont happen im sure. the new recast timers are amazing tho not doubt about it. too bad auto cant cast dread spikes on master tho XDDD
    (0)

Character
    Brayenn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    I would like to know and hope we do get more. Pup has come a long way and while the latest ws are ok, i would like to see the puppet's dmg come up more as i have always wished the pet to master dmg split would be more even (at least when both are meleeing)

{Perhaps make an attachment that unlocks them? sort of like the idea of relic/emp/mythic/WoEemp where you need the attachment to unlock it, with that in place it would be rational to make them very potent as it would be taking up a attachment slot and likewise you can make the triggers be the same as other WS since you can then add a variable to take into account for activation (if attachment x is present && frame Y, then new ws, else old weaker ws)}
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2