Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Dear People Talking about Damage in Abyssea

I have recently brushed the mothballs off SAM now that I've gotten bored with blowing up the (alternate) universe with VSmite and decided I don't want to go to the trouble of making an Ukon.

As I run around busting totally sweet Gekkos on to what counts as a face for worms with my awesome TP Bonus Keitonotachi and +1 Unkai, a few things have occurred to me.

1) SAM is indeed nowhere near as powerful relative to other jobs inside Abyssea as it is outside.

2) This does not matter, because it is still way, way more powerful inside Abyssea than I could ever possibly need it to be.

I know this isn't news to anyone, but I feel there may be some value in generally agreeing that talking about who has the highest DD output in Abyssea is pretty pointless now, even if we grant the extremely dubious assumption that there was ever a point in talking about it when even a non-Emp DRK with appropriate atmas was perfectly capable of wrecking things in a way that defies any sort of comparison with FFXI at 75. It's white noise that detracts attention from DDs that might actually need help, which is the closest thing we're going to have to worthwhile discussion here.

Therefore, I propose a unified response to all points Abyssea: "SRRaGTS", or, "Set Razed Ruins and Go To Sleep". Thank you.
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

TP bonus keito is actually a pretty good weapon. Out of all the trials, it is probably the best DD weapon in the game that doesn't grant an empy WS :>. With the new meritable WS, it might get a second wind too. It is possible it will outperform the WoE gkatana, while being a much easier weapon to make, even if it is really tedious.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 12-07-2011 at 11:52 PM.

Notsomuch possibly as "It will absolutely bloody destroy the WoE GKT, if not Masamune itself"
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    ....I had Keitonotachi +2 (tp bonus version) and tossed it...
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Notsomuch possibly as "It will absolutely bloody destroy the WoE GKT, if not Masamune itself"
    YUP , kinda sad i feel bad for any main sam's with a 90+ empy cuz thats horse shit.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    if by horseshit you mean hilarious

all those cirein-croin kills i slaved over a bloo bloo
    (0)

I'm glad I made Armageddon instead. Best decision ever.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Think how glad I must be I decided to make Harrier and not Hiraden!
    (0)