Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

No contests for EU users ><

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein
    Entrant must be a legal resident of the U.S. or Canada (excluding Quebec) and must be 13 years old or older. Only entries from valid North American Square Enix Accounts will be accepted.
    You know you did release Final fantasy in the EU as well

I can understand w/ material prizes but this is a ingame item prize and it's also another ingame item that all EU user won't get a chance to get. Nt to mention you won't even accept our entries if we want to enter for fun.
    (2)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Sucks to bEU.

...god that was awful, I'm sorry.
    (4)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Europe? What's that? Never heard of it.

*ducks*
    (0)

JP players won't get it either I think? Each region runs it's own events I guess, SEEU is lazy so we don't get any at all.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Europe? What's that? Never heard of it.

*ducks*
    I think he means asia.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    I can understand w/ material prizes but this is a ingame item prize and it's also another ingame item that all EU user won't get a chance to get.
    Nomad Moogle Statue is an EXISTING ingame item, which anyone (including EU) can get. All you need to do is find the Tablet of Temperance for the 'weekly' moogle kupower hunt. (Still no walk in the park, but not impossible.)
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Blame Brussels and cumbersome EU regulation.

I'm an American Democrat and an advocate of consumer protections, corporate regulations, and the overall reigning in of uncontrolled, destructive capitalism, but some EU regulations just make me scratch my head... I'm willing to bet this contest was a no-brainer in US, but required some sort of permit in EU.
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    US - only 1 set of regulations to deal with.

EU - count the number of countries in there and that are the potential for ALL rules and regulations that they must meet or potentially face all kinds of issues for SE as a company.

Plus like someone say up top, these are events being run by regional office.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryce View Post
    Blame Brussels and cumbersome EU regulation.

I'm an American Democrat and an advocate of consumer protections, corporate regulations, and the overall reigning in of uncontrolled, destructive capitalism, but some EU regulations just make me scratch my head... I'm willing to bet this contest was a no-brainer in US, but required some sort of permit in EU.
    It's more likely the other way around: US rules don't allow US-based contests -of ANY kind- to include non-Americans.
    Even if the prize is a $0 non-item.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    US - only 1 set of regulations to deal with.

EU - count the number of countries in there and that are the potential for ALL rules and regulations that they must meet or potentially face all kinds of issues for SE as a company.

Plus like someone say up top, these are events being run by regional office.
    Not entirely accurate.

US: up to four sets of regulations to deal with, depending on where you are: Federal, State, County/parish, Local.

EU: up to four sets fo regulations to deal with times the number of countries (perhaps some EU countries don't have counties/districts/prefectures, I don't know)

Even Canada has it more complicated, with Quebec acting almost like its own seperate country, and Quebec in particular having extremely strict rules regarding contests and competitions (including requiring all rules and legal mumbojumbo to be in French, contest must be seperate/exclusive for Quebec residents including seperate prizes, etc...) That's on top of the rules regarding video games there- It's more difficult to publish games in Canada just because of Quebec which requires a French printed manual to be included, which usually means two manuals in the box if it isn't already trilingual.

So, TL ; DR : The more countries you do business in, the harder it gets to keep everything balanced and equal, because some countries don't allow certain things or have more red tape to go through.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-08-2011 at 06:04 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast