Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hello and good evening,

We understand your frustration but please be assured that we did not forget our EU customers.

Depending on the language/region we work in different teams and therefore contests and events may happen at different times.

However, please look forward to the upcoming EU event we have planned for you and which will actually start tomorrow!
    (3)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    You know you did release Final fantasy in the EU as well

I can understand w/ material prizes but this is a ingame item prize and it's also another ingame item that all EU user won't get a chance to get. Nt to mention you won't even accept our entries if we want to enter for fun.
    SE have the same problem Blizzard, Turbine, Trion and others have: asinine laws in some EU countries means a nightmare for an international company to make sure they comply with everyone.

Not surprising every MMO I've played that has stuff like this usually restricts it to one part of the world or other, and usually only the US where such asinine laws don't usually exist.

I suspect this is one such case, where SE is erring on the side of caution.
    (1)

Hello everyone!

The European Screenshot Caption Contest is finally there! Sadly, due to legal reasons, the contest is only open to players living in the UK, France, Germany and Italy.

For this occasion, three categories have been created: English / German / French

You are free to choose on which forum you want to participate (but can only choose one among the three). The caption will have to be posted in the language matching the category.

Good luck to all participants!
    (3)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Borderline amazing how difficult seemingly simple stuff like selling a CD or sending prizes (I'm assuming this is the part that the laaawwww is prohibiting (sorry for the reference)) can be.

Ohhh well, I'm well used to this by now.
    Once again, good luck to those who are allowed to participate, and have fun!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Man, I kind of feel bad for EU players in other countries. It's a horrible shame that lawyers and legislators have complicated things so much that you can't even hold a for-fun contest for a non-monetary item open to residents of any country without legal ramifications.
    (0)

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    sounds like BS about law to me personally what about all the contests for the previous years. MOG BONANZA ??? 100 mil gil or various in game items offered to everyone at the same time.... whats next separating servers into their own regions...
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Youmukon View Post
    Hello everyone!

The European Screenshot Caption Contest is finally there! Sadly, due to legal reasons, the contest is only open to players living in the UK, France, Germany and Italy.

For this occasion, three categories have been created: English / German / French

You are free to choose on which forum you want to participate (but can only choose one among the three). The caption will have to be posted in the language matching the category.

Good luck to all participants!
    If I didn't already have all of the prizes (or better, I got the secret 5th taru set, and my rabite keychain is much cooler dangling from the security token then the FFXI ones, I'd be somewhat upset...
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHeart View Post
    sounds like BS about law to me personally what about all the contests for the previous years. MOG BONANZA ??? 100 mil gil or various in game items offered to everyone at the same time.... whats next separating servers into their own regions...
    Virtual items and real items are regulated by different laws... If you want to complain, take the political route. Government are making laws, not SE.

Also it's not because something happened before that SE was following the law properly. I'm thinking about EU customers having NA account, paying in USD and never paying their VAT on their membership fee.
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHeart View Post
    I'm assuming it's about the real-life items in this case, which the Mog Bonanza has nothing to do with. ^^

Even though I can not take part, again, it is nice to see they share some joy to at least some parts of the Europe. I was more annoyed about the FFXI OST PLUS not being available to most of the Europe, but I got one from "play-asia.com" who are able to ship stuff to pretty much anywhere, so meh!

The official stores always had a lot of stuff not available to most places so it's nothing new. I guess they don't have the resources to pay for the legal expenses this kind of things require. That, as my uneducated guess, is what prevents SqEX from sending real items to most places.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast