Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Atropa
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I must agree. BST duo will win in most situations.
    -I've also leveled PUP. At the time most of the attachments weren't as expensive as they are now. Optic Fiber was the one I paid the most for. 750k is what it cost me. Now the attachment is 1m+ from what I read. It must also be said, I have not gotten any of the new attachments. Maybe I should look at the prices of the new attachments. I've not played PUP in a while.

Off topic: Olor, may I inquire where you found your signature? Is there a web site? /cheers ^^v
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Kingfury probably made it? He's a guy here on forums, doing signatures for people who request them (there's a long queue though :P)
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    Xilk, would a SMN need Diabolos and Fenrir to be an effective BST duo partner? I quit FFXI before fenrir & diabolos were released so I don't have those.
    You don't need fenrir and diabolos to be effective, but the more the better.
    SMN probably is best for harder NM's than leveling, but xp is so cheap now, i don't think it matters much. Its most important to play a job you enjoy, imo.

As far as making Djinn explode... if you hit them w/ a spell matching the element of the day, it gives them 100 tp. You stand at max distance w/ pet tanking it, while you spam cheap fast spells that match the day. dia is the best on light day ofcourse. /rdm and /sch are best for this sort of thing. if you spam it they blow up pretty quickly... if you take hate they chase you down and destroy you. Its high-risk-high-reward xp, but Its a blast and I've done it many times in a stable situation.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Ahh, level 46-50 East Ronfaure [S] Djinn BST parties! Such fun, such mayhem!

Sappho: DO be sure to do this when you're at 46. There are some pre-requisites to ensure maximum laughs.

1) This camp is best duo/trio'd. Three *capable* BST's and Skype/Ventrilo/TeamSpeak/Mumble = funsauce. By capable, I mean a BST that knows how to quickly juggle pets in the event of failed charms by partners WHILE kiting a Djinn through trees.

2) RDM/SCH subjob, nuff said.

3) Exp rings. No, really, you don't need them but you'll want them.

4) Reraise items. Yes. Definitely.

Your camp is near the intersection of I-10 & I-11, on the hill, and you'll be fighting Djinn at the bottom of the same hill, southward. Start with Ladybugs (excellent tanks!), save the Colibri for emergencies (since they fly FAST; great rapid deployment pet), rake in the exp. Lather, rinse, repeat. If you happen to be anywhere in the vicinity of Nocturnal Combustion, expect to eat a 3.8k-5k explosion and drop dead so fast you'll leave a crater. Kinda fun to sneak a quick spell on a fellow BST when they're setting their pet just for laughs.

I don't normally suggest syncing, due to the eventual skill hit (unless you really don't mind skill-up parties), but inviting friends along of appropriate level as a sync-target (subjob leveling?) will certainly prolong the fun, and help friends out at the same time.
    (0)
    Man will occasionally stumble over the Truth, but most times he will pick himself up and carry on... - Winston Churchill

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    My favored Djinn hunting is Vunkerl at level 62+
    crabs for pets.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Xilk: Agreed, very fun, very traumatic and hectic (if things go wrong). Occasionally someone would be yanking all the crabs for Magian trials, so I'd have to kite around a wall while throwing Pugils at the Djinn until more respawn. >.>
    (0)
    Man will occasionally stumble over the Truth, but most times he will pick himself up and carry on... - Winston Churchill

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I use to duo bst and pup way back and it worked well. The thing that makes it possible is snarl to insure that the bst jug gets the majority of the hate.
    The pup should use VE puppet, it is more steady dmg and can be scaled back so not to spike, it also can heal itself with its weaponskill if there is any aoe.
    With this setup you could have all four meleeing with the jug pet tanking. The puppet has some attachments that can help out also like flash and dispel.
    (0)

Character
    Koroma
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Pup+bst is the best dou lvling on mage mobs pup silences them and bst tank them, works shockingly good espically in older zones mage mobs cant hit a wall.
    (1)
    SERAPHBismarck

Pround member of Reminding se there is a bst forum.
    BRING BACK CHARM!

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    My favorite old school camp was in the Boyada tree with 6 BSTs and 6 Mandy pets vs Gobubuus. It was a lot of fun and truthfully while I do miss it, I think BST has become a better job overall with the amount of changes the job has gone thru.
    (0)

I have duo'd with every job on bst. So it doesn't really matter what you bring but some jobs definitely work better. I like Bst/whm Bst/dnc the best for a duo combo.

Any other pet job is at an advantage.

Bst and blm can work together very well if you pick your camps and prey. The bst pulls and lowers the monster health. The blm can debuff and/or Dot then rest until it is low enough to kill with 1 spell. Then rest for the pull. It takes some getting used to but it runs smoothly.

This works exceptionally well when targeting beastman jug pets. The bst provides a 100% safe pull.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast