Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Laitha
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BST Lv 95
    I was under the impression wildfire wasn't a great WS for ranger. I felt like it was more of a COR WS. I haven't found any gun WS that beats coronach after lvl 90. I haven't tired last stand yet.
    (0)

agree that WF is better for COR (largely because of the effects of AF3+2 boots). But RNG has a wide range of AGI gear and that is a major modifier for Last Stand and WF. Whether that beats coronach or not is irrelevant for a large majority of RNG. Just have to beat Slugshot.

Admitted l've only tried WF a few times on RNG and it doesn't beat slug in non-Abyssea settings. But if last stand beats slug then RNG has one good physical WS and one good Magical WS on gun. Thats a nice one-two punch.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Aeyliea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Last Stand rocks the christ out of coronach, but doesn't have the emnity stats of coronach. I imagine once you get annihilator to 99 that coronach may pull even or ahead on 100TP, but last stand will still win @300 TP
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
    BST is by FAR the most expensive job, totally in a class of it's own.
    A single NM fight can cost upwards of 100k or even more
    As a RNG main I don't even register the gil cost for arrows, it is pretty negligible to be honest.
    On bosses and such my rng costs hit 200k a boss sometimes more nowadays. If i use a lame WS like sidewinder then i'd probably spend like a third of that tops. Also, where's all this WF praise coming from? Did they do something this last patch to make it better than jishnu?
    (0)

Character
    Feliciaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    WF has decent damage and generates less enmity. So you might do less WS damage then jishnu but your overall damage is greater.
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Wouldn't a faster weapon with a stronger WS be a better option than something slower with lower ws damage?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Fyreus View Post
    Wouldn't a faster weapon with a stronger WS be a better option than something slower with lower ws damage?
    Slower weapons gain more TP per shot so it can even out. WF is a magical WS and has advantages against certain mobs in the game like pudding types. Last Stand as a physical WS should easily keep up with Jishnu's outside of Abyssea.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    The problem i have here is that i simply don't see it. Anywhere.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2