Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Change Hair/Appearance

I know this is an idea that has been brought up countless times before, likely a common suggestion, but that's exactly why I think it should be considered here. It comes up all the time in my LS's, someone will mention that after a year or more of playtime they're tired of their characters hairstyle or etc and what to change it.

This doesn't have to be entirely complex, or even hard to implement. How much effort would it take to put in an NPC that you talk to, pay about 10k gil or so, and get to repick from the already present list of appearances. Not allowing you to change your race or gender, just the appearance and maybe your size.

I know i'm tired of looking at my Tarus grey ponytail.
    (13)
    Last edited by Armetage; 12-07-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Character
    Windblade
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I suggested this same idea long ago... Adding hair salons. I still support the idea.
    (0)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    this is something i'd like to do myself, i love galkas. Just wish i had picked\ could pick a better face
    (0)

I see a lot of people suggesting major things like race changes and adjustments to classes, this is nothing near as drastic as most suggestions. Really, I think it'd be fairly easy to implement even. Please Square, give us appearance changing!
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Yeah, this is just a cosmetic change, little problem there.
    Coding wise, it might be a bigger job, but there shouldn't be problems with breaking quests or illegal gear.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

I've supported this idea since it was first suggested way back in 2004, and I still support it now. Still, if it hasn't been added after 6 years of gameplay, I don't see SE suddenly rushing to cater to our desires on this one.
    (0)

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm sick of my hair too
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

I don't even think this would be hard to implement from a programming standpoint. A lot easier than what other people are suggestiong
    (0)

You'd just need some sort of web interface to verify your identity (use SE account?), select a character, and flip a single value in a database, I guess.

Anyway, this is why I want to keep race/sex changes out of threads with these suggestions. A face/hair change is likely to be far less complex to implement and test than a full on race/sex change. Realistic and simple suggestions are more likely to be seriously considered by the dev team than more complex things.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 12-13-2011 at 05:15 AM.

This is one thing i'm surprised SE hasn't implemented, and I certainly hope they will take this request seriously. This is one I would think quite a few people want.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast