Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Disclaimer: I don't play DRK.

I think it would be cool if DRK got a buff spell that would increase attack, reduce weapon delay, and lower accuracy with each successive hit landed. The effect would be reset upon a miss or a weapon skill. This could allow a DRK with good accuracy to become more and more powerful with each hit, perhaps even beyond weapon skill damage.

It would also create a neat tension for the player who has landed (for example) 10 hits in a row, who is getting a huge boost to attack and attack speed, and has TP for a WS... Do I trigger the WS with this current boost and start over? Do I continue to boost and enjoy this power and speed? If the player is thinking like a true Dark Knight, they are probably greedy for MOAR POWER and continue to hack away until finally... miss. Commence rage. I call the spell/ability Blood Lust.
    (3)

Character
    Elanabelle
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The only way to "improve" DRK's usage of spells is to make it so that spell-casting either *improves* melee DPS, or *at least* doesn't gimp melee DPS. Otherwise, the argument that melee'ing continuously without stopping to cast = the best damage output will always hold true.

Some ideas:

1. Casting elemental magic spells adds an "afterspell/aftermath" potent temporary Enspell effect, or,

2. Casting enfeebling magic spells adds a "afterspell/aftermath" potent "additional effect: enfeeble" effect. Examples: En-Petrify, En-Plague, En-Paralyze, En-Feint, En-Silence, En-Stun, En-Amnesia, etc, or

3. *Significant* TP gain procs from casting nukes and Absorb-spells, or

4. Haste (magical type) boost when under the effect of an Absorb-spell, or

5. Job Ability, similar to Scholar's Ebullience, with a low cooldown timer, that significantly boosts Magic Damage on the next cast. Introducing new DRK JSE that increases the effect of the new JA would possibly make this even more attractive.
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    ya know... color me silly here... but it seems almost like SE wants DRK's to tank >_> everything they do does high enmity, tactical parry, scarlet delerium... dreadspikes... lol. watch them finaly give DRK shield skill ( which is funny since drks can wear TONS of shields but have 0 skill >_>)

also to all the darks who are all like "AH EM GGEEEEEEEEEE MY WS ISUNT UBAR!"
    1: torcleaver & new great sword both rock.
    2: you can use the new axe/great axe weaponskill. omg a drk using a axe/great axe.. i know >_>

i think entropy is fine the way it is tbh. let it be drks utility WS, but make it so its a static MP restoration 100tp=25% 200TP=50% 300TP=100% MP return
    instead i think they should beef up Infernal Scythe, spiral hell, or Cross reaper to be used on boss mobs.

remember kids a new WS dosent have to be the strongest, it only has to be better then every other WS that shares its properties, or else it will fail.

Dagger Model for Success Example Energy steal > energy drain/ Gust slash > Cyclone > Aoelian Edge/ Shark bite > Rudra's storm.

Dagger Model For Failure: Dancing Edge < Evisceration

Scythe Success ModelExample: Dark Harvest > Shadow Of Death > Infernal Scythe/ Slice> Nightmare Scythe> Vorpal Scythe > Spiral Hell > Quietus.

Scythe Failure Model: Guilloutine < Cross Reaper < Insurgency

if you notice on the models for failure, the predecessor is better then the successors for similar damage types, and on the models for success, the successor is better then the predecessor.

im not here to troll or nothing, just i think you guys are being silly about entropy.

+1 to the darkness spells btw. i personaly feel that DRK needs a full line of darkbased nukes that cast at 1 second cast times ( like Darkness I-V) and all provide a bonus to Occult Accumen and weaken the monster VS Absorbspells.
    (1)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    oh and before anyone goes " but Evisceration is better then dancing edge!!!" i sugggest you take a trip back in time to the days before abyssea. DE Crushes EV outside of abyssea.
    (0)

Character
    Thanotous
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    If we get nothing else, at least remove all those elemental spells from our spell list, tired of looking at them and scrolling through them, sure I could edit the list myself, but i would have to resort the entire list everytime i switched to blm.
    (1)

It's worth noting that DRK is such a confused job, we can't even get an appropriate entrance from a rep! Jump into DRG threads, Called into BST threads, etc...DRK doesn't have Warp!

(Not hating on the response, I just think the state of DRK is pretty hilariously misconceived right now)
    (2)
    Last edited by Selzak; 12-10-2011 at 02:57 AM.

Character
    Armangetto
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I think its too coincidencidental, that SE gave us Entropy then about a week later they responded to us saying they are gona adjust our magic. Odds are it was planed and this update for drks is probaly gona be magic focused. Also take into acount a few months past, they said they were going to gives a job trait that was the fast cast for dark magic (Dark Celerity?) and fix our absorb spells.

Im betting we are geting Dark celerity, maybe get absorbs fixed/adjusted, adjustments to casting/recast timers on our current spells and maybe some new spells.

With that out of the way hers some ideas/thougts I have for our spells.

Dark Sky - I remember this spell from FFX-2 and it was awsome! A massive dark based single/aoe spell with 200-350 mp cost, short to moderate casting time, with about 3 to 5min timer.

Absorb Haste- LIke many have suggesnted, gain magic haste while the mob gains the affect of slow, would be useless if you were geting proper buffs in endgame content. This spell alone would help out our dps even further agaisnt the other dds if your not geting properly buffed/low man situations.

Impact - Why not? Make it the same as the cloak version but lower the mp usage to 200~300ish, maybe weaken it a little so the cloak version is still stronger?

Dark magic nukes - Same as everyone has suggested demi/darkra/unholy ect.

Abyssal Blast - The tp move from the undead toads (Jnuns?) did dark damage and gave you blindness.

Dark Fire ball - The tp move the ninja demons would use, it looked like a black hadoken coming out of their hands. (It was always funny when you where wiping and you tried to run away while they sat their firing them off at you or others.)

Warp - Eh... why not? Its a dark magic.... >_>

Confused - Taken from FFX-2 this would fit drks well, who wouldnt want to see the mob hurt itself?

Charon - A job ablitly, again taken from FFX-2, This version you would Sacrifice hp and mp for greater dmg boost (Soul eater 2.0?) Works with weapon skills. Cant combine with Soul eater, 1 min duration 10 to 15 min recast. For balacining only works with 2nd weapons or could limit it further with works only with gs and scythe. This could help us get some equal footing with the other dds going all out.

As for elemental spells,,, I dont think giving us mab trait of any amount or buff is going make them worth casting, its as many people put it, dps vs casting time.

I hope everyones ideas help the devs improve the job we love so much Dark knight!
    (5)

Player
    Signed & Agreed to the OP
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Saiken253 View Post
    Haha at that joke, unless you were serious then get off the game ^^

Scythes have the highest damage out of all the weapons(if you really didn't realize what he meant). just compare any lvl of Ukon with any similar lvl of Redemption, or a better example, Apocalypse. The scythe will have much higher damage than the GA. Why can't scythe do more damage than any other weapon in the game(outside of Apoc where it's normal TPing swings can crit for 4k+ on high tier NMs) is rediculous~. And the reasoning: SE despises DRK and it's community and favors the simple melee jobs(WAR SAM MNK) that can "face-roll" and do massive damage.
    Highest damage rating ≠ strongest weapons. The part I bolded is only slightly accurate. The scythe will have a higher damage on any individual hit, yes, but the great axe will always be faster, and in this game, it's not high damage ratings, but low delays, that determines true weapon strength. Mind you, both are a factor, but delay has a much larger weight.

Compare:

Redemption 95: Dmg: 150 Delay: 502 DPS: 17.93

Ukonvasara 95: Dmg: 144 Delay: 482 DPS: 17.93

Caladbolg 95: Dmg: 132 Delay: 430 DPS: 18.42

Verethragna 95: Dmg: 87 Delay: 331 DPS: 15.77* (using 412 h2h skill from merits, mnk95 for MA7)
    *Note that verethragna always attack at least twice per attack round, so the dps will be higher than this realistically

DPS values only show the ratio of Dmg to Delay with delay converted to seconds, and don't account for aftermath,

While Redemption's 150 dmg will allow it to have the highest average damage per hit, it is also the slowest weapon of the bunch.

Before the RNG (Random Number Generator) gets a hold of the actual numbers to cause variation, if you (generously) assume capped fSTR and pDIF, you would see this:

Rounding note: All seconds values are truncated to the thousandths place (rounded down) due to the commonality of the floor function. All DPS values are truncated to the hundredths place.

Redemption: ~382 damage per hit, every 8.366... seconds (before haste), every 5.02 seconds (40% haste, gearcap+haste spell), or every 1.673... seconds (capped 80% haste)
    Raw DPS: 45.66 DPS
    40% Haste: 73.46 DPS
    80% Haste: 228.33 DPS

Ukonvasara: ~369 damage per hit every 8.033... seconds (before haste), every 4.82 seconds (40% haste), or every 1.606... seconds (capped 80% haste)
    Raw DPS: 45.93 DPS
    40% Haste: 76.55 DPS
    80% Haste: 229.76 DPS

Caladbolg: ~338 damage per hit every 7.166... seconds (before haste), every 4.3 seconds (40% haste), or every 1.433... seconds (capped 80% haste)
    Raw DPS: 47.16 DPS
    40% Haste: 78.60 DPS
    80% Haste: 235.86 DPS

Verethragna: ~198 damage per hit, twice, or 396 per round every 5.5166... seconds (before haste), every 3.31 seconds (40% haste), or every 1.77 seconds (capped 80% haste, accounting for Martial Arts) (note that when you account for h2h's natural 2 hits, Verethragna deal more damage per attack round than redemption, at half a second slower than redemption with 40% haste (the delay difference is due to martial arts, if there were no martial arts, h2h would trump scythe as the slowest weapon in the game for all but a select few weapons)
    Raw DPS: 35.89 DPS (1 hit), 71.79 DPS (both hits)
    40% Haste: 59.81 DPS (1 hit), 119.63 DPS (both hits)
    80% Haste: 111.86 DPS (1 hit), 223.72 DPS (both hits)

Due to martial arts counting towards the haste cap, Verethragna has both the highest DPS (no haste~high haste) and the lowest DPS (capped haste) of the group. Once Vere hit the haste cap (they will a good deal earlier than the other weapons), everything else starts to catch up, and then pass, vere, but looking purely at melee damage potential, I won't try to argue that it being significantly easier for a mnk to cap haste than a war gives vere an edge, especially since drk has just as much ease reaching it due to desperate blows.

tl;dr: Scythe is not, and has never been, the strongest weapon.
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    Redemption 95: Dmg: 150
    Ukonvasara 95: Dmg: 144
    Caladbolg 95: Dmg: 132
    Verethragna 95: Dmg: 87
    Everything else is just you being defensive and missing the point that he was trying to make.
    (2)
    Last edited by Selzak; 12-10-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast