Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Are Summoners getting jipped ?

I see all these new updates coming out and I see nothing good for SMN coming out besides a couple BP's that are practically usless . . . . It seems after all the years of FFXI being up we haven't really gotten anything AMAZING for SMN. . . . . In the past several years we have got . . . . . lol@merited abilities outside of Abyssea, some usless lvl 75+ BP's that I noticed arn't really anything useful, we still are struggling to keep our DMG up with other DD jobs with high BP timers and only being able to bring down our 1 min hard cap timer down to 45 seconds and having our summons hitting for practically nothing inbetween BP's . . . . Why hasn't SE made this a more solid job . . . . Come on SE give SMN the love you have given all the other jobs! I am a pretty well geared SMN with AFV3+1 and the accessories to boot ! I just wanna be able to be either a solid DD or solid support. . . . we deserve it!
    (5)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This is true.
    (2)

That is what I've always said. We are still playing the FFXI beta. Soon (like 2015) SE will release the main game with a functional Summoner class. We just have to wait it out, while all other jobs seem to be doing pretty well.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    The OP has some valid points, some that miss the mark too.

Honestly the merit BPs are great, if you gear them out correctly. However... Sad panda at the new BPs. Testing them out on testserver makes me want to take my staff and beat a dev on the head. Honestly using level 70/75 BPs as our primary sources of damage for YEARS now... SE it's time to fix this.

On the new things, we are getting stuff. It's just not up the bat yet: Two avatars, JA/trait(Whatever it ends up being) that will drop our BP delay. But there's a lot more that can get done.

All things in time I say. Considering how far smn has come from the days I started playing... Things will get better soon (tm)
    (0)
    My other car is a summoner.

Player
    the answer is yes
    (0)

Character
    Koroma
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    1. smn isnt the only job se hasnt shown any love too
    2. your probably right only useful thing in along time is alexander. heck hastaga still our best ward imo and it will be sjable soon lol.
    (1)
    SERAPHBismarck

Pround member of Reminding se there is a bst forum.
    BRING BACK CHARM!

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    To be fair, Earthen Armor and Fleet Wind are both useful. Soothing Ruby also has it's uses (removing mass debuffs on stuff like Kaggen). But as for Summoner's offensive capability, there really has been nothing 75+ besides enhancements through gear. Having said that, as I have pointed out in another thread BLMs were specifically promised Meteor, which they have seen no sign of. It's perfectly feasible that this and new offensive Blood Pacts will be added later on.
    (2)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Cait Sith Nao!
    (4)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    Cait Sith Nao!
    Do you want that with or without Taco?
    (3)
    My other car is a summoner.

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Whenever tacos are presented as an option I will choose them, but I especially crave fajitas!
    (0)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast