Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    I believe he always took Scholar to HNMs over Black mage, because he felt it was better. He was able to floor his resistances, partly because he had an Aureole. I do give you though that he was an exceptional player and most players could not match him. I also agree without haste at 75 that scholar never could replace white mage or red mage as a sole healer.
    As I recall he said that SCH just barely scraped up enough gear to hit the 320/120 tier, whereas his blm had something like ~340/~130 which he said would floor resists on everything except toau bosses.

Not to mention his most impressive solo was one of the salvage bosses, and he did that as blm/sch.

Either way it doesnt really matter, the past is the past. Spilt milk under the bridge and all.

SCH today took a big suckerpunch since our mp efficiency doesnt matter any more. Even that doesnt matter though, since the only reason to bring nukes is for procs (and SE is giving SCHs procs away too).
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Player
    I imagine he bought his Scholar because having one Scholar in an alliance is well worth it simply for Storms. Before even bothering with Scholars actual damage out put they bring +40~50% magic damage to a Black Mage party depending on the set up.
    Scholar still didn't replace Black Mage though, resist rates crippled any sense of Scholar having superior damage/MP cost. If anything Scholar replace a secondary healer, considering we could give the Black Mages an additional 10% damage and nuke, albeit at a lesser rate, and switch to a more than competent healer role if the situation required it. Scholar was very powerful in that sense, but again it was only worth bringing one. We had our own little niche and it was pretty damn awesome if I do say so myself. The notion that Scholar ever managed to replace or beat Black Mage on anything important is completely false. Even if you want to pretend we did, it never physically happened. White Mage actually meet a slump when Red Mage vastly out did it in ToAU, Black Mage never had the same issue when it came to Scholar.
    The only possible sense in which Scholar was ever superior to Black Mage is when it comes to events and NMs were nuking was worthless, since Scholar could fall back on Light Arts.
    (1)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Ugh. I've stuck with SCH for so long, but at this point I'm just so tired of shit like this that I'm about ready to go level WAR or NIN or something.
    (0)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I am kind of glad they are giving away sch's helixs for the proc system. I love voidwatch, however, I also hate voidwatch when I'm on blu or sch. I'm going to ignore the blu part because that is for a different thread. The reason I hate being sch to voidwatch is that usually when you a bring a sch, you assign them the T2-T5 nukes and the helixs, and the blms do the other procs. Now the problem arises when you coming to scholar's casting speed. By the time you finish T2-T5 and helix (unless the monster is being stupid with only blue procs), the next 3+ elements weaknesses are already called out. So you are just spamming T2-T5 and helix nukes without any time to do anything else. On most voidwatches, especially the lower tier/voidwatch part1 mobs, when I proc I nuke in a refresh/fastcast/enmity- idle set. Because the goal is to proc fast, without pulling hate and wiping the backline(our main blm has done this soooo many times). So not only do I not get to use the full abilities of my sch, Buffs, healing, enhancing and all that jazz to its full potential, my nuking isn't really doing much besides proccing. Although, I might toss an ebullience on the T5 and T4 nukes, but it is usually just parsimony. The only time I enjoy playing sch in voidwatch is when I'm main healing in light arts mode and only have to worry about the helixes. Tossing out a helix in light arts isn't that bad for your mp. Bleh I rambled on enough, I'll end with this...

DIAF Modus Veritas! DIAF!

Edit: I forgot something I wanted to talk about. I think SCH could actually surpass BLM in the terms of resistance rates, although you would sacrifice efficieny and it take everything the SCH had. Klimaform and Focalization come to mind. Two amazing abilities when used right. They were hard to use at 75 due to stratedgem limitations, but much easier now. If you alcritied all your klimaforms, you keep klimaform up the majority of the time. If you had extra stratedgems you were also nice enough to do manifestation alacrity klimaform combo to the blm party(This would hinder the amount of time you could have klimaform up, but give the blm party a good chunk of time with very accurate nuking, which in and of itself is AMAZING). Moving onto focalization, I personally merited it 5/5. With focalization and klimaform it was a pretty much gunarenteed unresisted nuke, unless you got REALLY unlucky and that 5% chance at resisting kicked in. I see the focalization klimaform combo as a SCH version of BLM's elemental seal. I really do love focalization. Although, nothing will help you land dispel on Pil, NOTHING! Had around 440 enfeebling (or whatever it caps at with gear, I'm missing about 15 skill in gear) with klimaform and focalization and voidstorm and dark threnody on the mob with astetics tonic up...... /sigh, let me stop getting off track.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pebe; 12-06-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I posted this on FFXIAH, but I believe this will fit well in this thread, incoming wall-o-text.

The only thing I want is for the role to be DEFINED!

WHM is the best healer, sch should never surpass whm at healing. What they did with regen V is fine imo and I like their direction.

BLM is the best nuker. Sch may be able to do more than blm on a single nuke, but sch's nuking is more restricted than blms(Hate, casting time, etc). BLMs can dish out loads of damage extremely fast with little worry (mana wall, enmity douse), while SCHs deal their damage over time, with the occasional big nuke. Again I think this is a fine balance not much needs to be changed.

RDM is the best enfeebler. This is obvious. Although rdm loss a few of its unique enfeebles, so maybe this should be expanded upon. I believe rdm needs a look at by the dev team (it probably will get one soon).

Now I believe that SCH should be the best Enhancer. When Accession was released, an unprecedented boost to enhancing magic came into play. The storms also play a huge role in this as they greatly enhanced mages. I believe SE should continue this trend and add some of the stronger enhancing magics for sch. That way its role will be defined as the enhancer. For instance Faith and Bravery are long overdue. Although, Embrava can be called 11's bravery, although the 2hr restriction is kind of a let down. Faith would be nice because other mages would welcome and work together with sch.

Imo, the job of sch should be able to make other jobs do their jobs better. This includes all jobs. If you consider sch lore, SCHs were war stratedgists. It is there job to lead others, and give them support to do their job better. I really hope SE leans in this direction.

On another, note. The argument of who gets the spell Ultima, if it every is released has been thrown around alot on the official forums. IMO, it should take a combinations of jobs to pull off the end all be all spell. For instance, BLMs can only casting the spell Ultima if they are under the effect of Faith. Along the same idea, WHMs can only cast the spell White if they are under the effects of Faith and Aurastorm (II?). Faith could act as an "addendum" for mages, opening up new spells to them. etc. Well thats all I have. go go Wall-o-Text.

Edited for spelling and grammar errors.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm not really in the mood to touch incredibly tired statements about what people feel Scholar should or should not be, but I will speak about something that completely bothers me about Scholar, and is a massive issue.

Storm spells are party cast only.

I know that SE is talking about making Scholars able to cast Regen spells cross party, and I think this is a great idea - Scholars are rarely placed in the tank party in alliance events, and being able to cast Regen on them would be nice.

On that move, I think it would be even cooler to be able to get Aurorastorm to healers in other parties, and other storm spells to other classes that don't happen to be in your party.

Such a move would give massive reasons for Scholars to be in every alliance, and gear that is affected by weather would be more useful as a result as well (and maybe SE would design more).

Basically, storm spells should be alliance castable.

-

And to go a bit off topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Pebe View Post
    On another, note. The argument of who gets the spell Ultima, if it every is released has been thrown around alot on the official forums. IMO, it should take a combinations of jobs to pull off the end all be all spell.
    Shouldn't be limited to one job's two hour. Here is how it should be pulled off:

Ultima is casted by a White Mage. The spell is based on the combined stats of all members in the party. The spell has a 10000 MP cost, and takes one hour to cast. Furthermore, it requires Aurorastorm to be on the caster, which is consumed on cast. Thus, White Mage, Black Mage, Red Mage, and Scholar basically are required to cast the spell. One proposal at least.
    (2)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Edit: I forgot something I wanted to talk about. I think SCH could actually surpass BLM in the terms of resistance rates, although you would sacrifice efficieny and it take everything the SCH had. Klimaform and Focalization come to mind. Two amazing abilities when used right. They were hard to use at 75 due to stratedgem limitations, but much easier now. If you alcritied all your klimaforms, you keep klimaform up the majority of the time. If you had extra stratedgems you were also nice enough to do manifestation alacrity klimaform combo to the blm party(This would hinder the amount of time you could have klimaform up, but give the blm party a good chunk of time with very accurate nuking, which in and of itself is AMAZING). Moving onto focalization, I personally merited it 5/5. With focalization and klimaform it was a pretty much gunarenteed unresisted nuke, unless you got REALLY unlucky and that 5% chance at resisting kicked in. I see the focalization klimaform combo as a SCH version of BLM's elemental seal. I really do love focalization. Although, nothing will help you land dispel on Pil, NOTHING! Had around 440 enfeebling (or whatever it caps at with gear, I'm missing about 15 skill in gear) with klimaform and focalization and voidstorm and dark threnody on the mob with astetics tonic up...... /sigh, let me stop getting off track.

If SE ever gets around to putting it on the actual servers, Klimaform is being buffed up to a full 3 minute duration.

I personally did 5/5 (or was it 4/5? don't remember) in the -enmity stratagem (which i never use) since it breaks the gear cap.
    (0)
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.

LOGIC.

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    hmm only reason i would use enmity- stratedgem is if i was doing accession rapture cure iv
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    hmm only reason i would use enmity- stratedgem is if i was doing accession rapture cure iv
    I merited the -enmity dark arts one. Sorry if that was unclear. since they stack with -enmity from gear/spells you can get up to -75% enmity.

But like I said I never use it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raksha; 12-11-2011 at 04:11 AM.

LOGIC.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Same, I merited that one and include it in my 2 hour macro, since charge usage isn't important then anyway.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast