Thread: What Gives?

Character
    Yygdrasil
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

What Gives?

Whats with the new live feed on the POL site?

Whats with the freaky new Moogle in Ru'Lude who's yammering on about "Don't exploit the system, kupo!" and "We're working on fixing it soon".

I can't seem to find info on it anywhere. So... what's going on?
    (0)
    \(^_^ [Bastok Rank 10] | [Windurst Rank 10] ^_^)/ | [San d'Oria NEVER!]
    [CoP Done] | [ZM Done] | [ToAU Done] | [WotG Done (B Done / W Done / S NEVER!)]
    [ACP Done] | [ASA Done] | [MKD 1]
    [Kannagi: O] / [Armageddon: O] / [Nirvana: Working on it...]

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Related to the daily rewards system. There's a moogle nearby every Goblin I assume with the message.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    there is one in batallia gives out same message do not exploit whatever.... but really how is the goblin an exploit?? they give out free rewards daily and by what i seen so far shat ones lol
    (0)
    Last edited by ShadowHeart; 12-22-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Someone expolited it using a third-party tool. Basically they rigged the item drops.

In other words could guarantee a Novio Earring, Land King pop or Pandemonium Key.
    (0)

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    i cant even figure out what to give them to increase the daily points :s
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHeart View Post
    there is one in batallia gives out same message do not exploit whatever.... but really how is the goblin an exploit?? they give out free rewards daily and by what i seen so far shat ones lol
    I've never used a third party tool or cheated in any other way, so I don't know the specifics, but from what I've heard there are a bunch of invisible bats around the goblin that people using third party tools can see and kill to get the drops they want. Supposedly it is fixed already as well, but again, I don't know the specifics, just what people have posted on various forums.

I'm surprised SE even put a Moogle there to be honest, they would usually just watch the cheaters and ban them just like they did with Salvage. It isn't like you can see the invisible bats unless you are a cheater. Personally, I'd like to see a ban tally once this boils over, but I think the numbers might be quite low because SE has put in a trap or two to catch cheaters in the past.
    (0)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    I've never used a third party tool or cheated in any other way, so I don't know the specifics, but from what I've heard there are a bunch of invisible bats around the goblin that people using third party tools can see and kill to get the drops they want. Supposedly it is fixed already as well, but again, I don't know the specifics, just what people have posted on various forums.

I'm surprised SE even put a Moogle there to be honest, they would usually just watch the cheaters and ban them just like they did with Salvage. It isn't like you can see the invisible bats unless you are a cheater. Personally, I'd like to see a ban tally once this boils over, but I think the numbers might be quite low because SE has put in a trap or two to catch cheaters in the past.
    you never get an moggle in juneo that you can target briefly that's not supposed to be there? they're all over the place and often you just stumble on to them without 3rd party progs
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolic View Post
    you never get an moggle in juneo that you can target briefly that's not supposed to be there? they're all over the place and often you just stumble on to them without 3rd party progs
    I think that is merely a glitch of sorts, as it seems to be the Mog House moogle (be quick enough and you can open the menu they give you in the house). I can't imagine there to be any actual use for a hidden Moogle like that.

To me it has happened I think only in Upper, and Lower Jeuno, and basically at identical spot if I'd eyeball it in my mind right now.
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Fair enough. I suppose it is a kinder thing of SE to remind players not to cheat rather then just ninja ban masses of them.

Still, a one and a half hour maintenance over this sucks - but that's on SE, regardless. As harsh as I could be towards people that exploit this sort of thing, it should have never gotten into the game.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Fair enough. I suppose it is a kinder thing of SE to remind players not to cheat rather then just ninja ban masses of them.

Still, a one and a half hour maintenance over this sucks - but that's on SE, regardless. As harsh as I could be towards people that exploit this sort of thing, it should have never gotten into the game.
    People that abused it should get banned. I saw a screenshot of someone doing it and getting the Pandemonium Key then Novio Earring then saying they'll Bazaar it to give it to their real account before SE ban their mule.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast