World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I still don't see why I should tell you something that is
    a) common knowledge
    b) within the game since release
    c) easy to figure out by yourself

But it's obviously Arcon has nothing better to do as asking around that someone pampers his ass.
    There is no rule that says that I have to share the knoledge esp. with people who simply want to abuse it.
    HINT: (IN BIG LETTERS SO EVEN YOU WILL UNDERSTAND) ASK YOUR MAGES or did theses virtual Gobblins hit you so bad that you'r unable for some common sense?
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    stuff
    ihna has never to my knowledge contributed anything to any conversation ever, and even goes as far as to start some posts with things like "ok, here goes another post just to up my post count".

Best bet is to /block her/him.
    (2)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 12-20-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnako View Post
    Yes, there are several jobs that can hold several mobs claimed. But since you'r unable to understand the difference between hold claimed and fighting several mobs at once, I'm not in the mood to tell you something that works for over 9 years right now. You'r simply too stupid and I don't teach stupid people how to do it.
    Then show me you holding multiple mobs claimed solo...if it can be done.
    (1)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    OP sounds like exactly the type of person I would "steal" mobs from. Leaving your pet to slowly kill mobs from 70% while you go proc another mob delays repops and should be rewarded with stolen mobs. If you're sharing a camp with someone you need to focus on killing mobs as fast as possible so they repop as fast as possible.
    (3)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Seconds
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 96
    There is always going to be competition for mobs in populated zones.
    If you're going to try to 'outperform' than what your job can claim - you are now putting yourself on the 'competitor' list.
    Thus, you'd be making yourself the target for other 'competitors', and vice versa.

A tip to 'hold claim' over a yellow mob is based on emnity and total damage dealt to the mob in question based on my observations.

You can hold only mob at a time per PC character, anything outside of that will shift back to yellow eventually.
    If you took 5% of the yellow mob, and someone comes and does, for example, 15% within a very short amount of time (like a ws), then the claim will shift due to the lead of emnity and damage dealt.

With that, if you bring the yellow mob to 20%, and someone starts auto-attacking, they will not be able to claim the mob nearly as quickly.

Though jobs with a strong ws ready, or a BLU , can easily one shot and take the kill.

Compete, or play it safe with your 100% claim over one mob.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    The other side of that coin is the people who think Mirage Charuqs are cool to fulltime. I'm really not sure BLUs have a higher average skill/competency level than any other job.
    His world is that small.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by idx1 View Post
    With that, if you bring the yellow mob to 20%, and someone starts auto-attacking, they will not be able to claim the mob nearly as quickly.
    Claim is not the same as enmity. A mob can be attacking a party while still being claimed by another party. Even if a mob is at 20% it can be claimed very quickly, even if it's still attacking you. That way you'll get hit, but you can't hit the mob back, and the other group will get a free and easy kill.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Ihnako
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Claim is not the same as enmity. A mob can be attacking a party while still being claimed by another party. Even if a mob is at 20% it can be claimed very quickly, even if it's still attacking you. That way you'll get hit, but you can't hit the mob back, and the other group will get a free and easy kill.
    That would be an attempted MPK and will be punished by GMs.
    (0)

Character
    Seconds
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 96
    The situation I described that had quotes, 'hold claim' on a yellow mob, was more describing a situation where you still had at chance of killing it vs. it turning red and losing all say in the matter.
    And for anybody to have a mob attack you at 20%, and it being held by another party, would indicate you were either PLing the whole time, or the party that had claim somehow lost all emnity from an emnity reset or wipe, or..?
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
    The other side of that coin is the people who think Mirage Charuqs are cool to fulltime. I'm really not sure BLUs have a higher average skill/competency level than any other job.
    His world is that small.

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    Lets be honest here, when you're in dynamis and someones making an attempt to fight 4 mobs at once, what job are they usually on?

And as its been covered, if a party of 5 cant manage to keep 5 mobs claimed, they REALLY deserve to have their mobs jacked. I can competently keep 3 mobs claimed when I'm 3boxing dynamis...5 people NOT multiboxing cant manage to keep 5 mobs claimed? Really? suck less bro...
    A little late to the response here but I've seen all types of job setups and soloists indulge in the same behavior that you seem totally convinced that bsts are the biggest offenders of. I have seen bsts do it, but I've also seen thfs, dncs, and nins do it as well. I've seen a nin (with whm support) run around the krakens in qufim, trying to agro the lot of them and then get pissy with me because I actually claimed one (seemed that he believed just because he agroed them, he had some kind of ironclad claim to them). I've seen, on a fairly regular basis, 5-6 people from a certain reputable end game ls on siren, do the same thing with ep manticores and hippos in their JA time (really, with 5-6 people,why the hell are you competing with tons of other people when you could do em-ts just as comfortably). I see this type of behavior every day in dynamis and it's not bst exclusive. I've seen your hardcore whining about bsts in the neo-dynamis thread on bg and post "psa"s on the bst forums here, so I'm pretty convinced you're selectively biased to recognize the behavior only when they do it and are incapable of acknowledging when people who are on other jobs do it.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihnako View Post
    That would be an attempted MPK and will be punished by GMs.
    No and not to my knowledge.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10