Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    In regards to Pavor Nocturnus, we are looking into adjusting its accuracy.
    I hope this means "more accuracy." I really find these vague statements to be very frustrating.

It's an instant death effect, we don't expect it to work every time, but we do expect that over the long term, the very high MP cost for a BP Ward ability gives us some kind of return considering all the other things we could spend that timer on.

Can you at least verify that the ability requires/is made more accurate by the monster being asleep? My testing has suggested that the chance of it working is zero/nearly zero unless the monster is asleep, but maybe the description of this ability could be changed to something that actually describes what the ability does.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-13-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Character
    Ciecle
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I know this may sound stupid, but... what if SE gives sch an spell that changes the moon phase for the character... kind of like storm spells to help alleviate some of the problems?... useing an example

"Lunar Phase I" new moon
    "Lunar Phase 2" waxing cresent/Waning Cresent
    "Lunar Phase 3" half moon
    "Lunar Phase 4" Waxing/Waning
    "Lunar Phase 5" full moon

or... have 1 spell that stacks 5 times...

and have a helix or healing spell based on the moon phase...

just a thought...
    (0)
    Last edited by Ciecle; 12-13-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Meh, I don't see the big deal... The Devs just want to have some sort of "working mythology" in their game.

If anything, maybe give the BPs a bonus during the right Moonphase, and fix whatever should be fixed a bit otherwise. Admittedly, I basically know nothing about Fenrir's BPs other than Eclipse Bite = Damage and some Howl move = Attack Boost or something.
    (0)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well the thing is, the game already has more than enough Useless Useful Spells. We need less things that are useful once in a blue moon or things that would be cool if they worked but they usually don't.
    (1)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    There are no plans on removing the moon phase requirements for Fenrir's blood pacts at this time. These blood pact should be used when the moon phase is at that ripe timing when the effect is its highest. For the times when the desired effect cannot be utilized, it would be better to use another avatar’s blood pact or apply some technique for selection.

In regards to Pavor Nocturnus, we are looking into adjusting its accuracy. We are also looking into adding an effect in the case that the blood pact's main effect misses, however, it will not be direct damage.
    I personally don't have any problems with having the potency of an ability being tied to the moon phase. The thing that you have to keep in mind is that even in the "bad moon" phases, the ability should still be moderately useful, instead of useless. Please review Fenrir's pacts and update them to scale to levels past 75 (do this with the other avatars too, some have pacts that stop scaling past 75).

Regarding Pavor Nocturnus: If the ability "misses" and doesn't proc death, then how about adding a Curse debuff to the mob? The devs never gave us Cacodemonia (a curse effect which is used by many NPC Diabli). This would help make up for that. Also, it would allow this pact to still be useful against sleeping mobs. Situation 1, the mob dies. Situation 2, the mob gets cursed (and does damage in a round about way). In both situations the mob doesn't wake up (which seems to be the point of this BP). I think it would be fair to allow the curse effect to proc on NMs. Seeing as how the SMN job is really lackluster in the damage department these days vs other jobs, this would let us contribute more to high level NM fights.
    (0)

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thanks for 60 seconds of fun trying the new BPs out. they will (if unchanged) land on the list of "never used since first try" like Crimson Howl
    (0)

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Crimson Howl actually isn't that bad now >_>;;
    (0)

Player
    Isn't it replaced by inferno now though? On anything not fire resistant at least.
    (0)

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You can potentially keep up both.
    (0)

Player
    I do recognize the sentiment however, about how when it first came out it was pretty useless.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast