Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

How to fix pld as tank??

I think one good idea a frined told me sense i never realy did level pld myself but they suggest giving pld its own version of pervoke. Make it stronger then war's that would prob let it take hate more effectly
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Voke wont matter when the DD he's trying to keep hate off of has max hate as well.
    (1)

Character
    Capgames
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    SE already stated that PLD will never get its own provoke type ability
    (0)

Character
    Alistaire
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by darkvision View Post
    SE already stated that PLD will never get its own provoke type ability
    What? No they haven't. They even went as far as testing one out. It's still in the game code (type /recast enrage) they just never went through with it, and this was long before they had players testing things so they didn't feel the need to announce they'd given up on it.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
    How to fix pld as tank??
    PLD isn't broken.
    (6)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    PLD isn't broken.
    This.

Pld just isn't as effective a tank as it used to be due to DDs having become extremely powerful. Especially in abyssea obviously. A provoke ability for pld isn't going to fix that at all. It's also not even needed as tank for most things these days.
    (4)
    Last edited by Tamoa; 12-05-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Character
    Aaruhn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    This.

Pld just isn't as effective a tank as it used to be due to DDs having become extremely powerful. Especially in abyssea obviously. A provoke ability for pld isn't going to fix that at all. It's also not even needed as tank for most things these days.
    I know this thread is a little necro, but this is why PLD is broke. PLD is not even needed. Why have the job in the game at all?

DDer with temp items, atmas and a decent WHM can tank just fine. The thing is DDer have their own version of tank in an indirect way, it's called kill it before it kills you and a PLD can take a long time to kill even EP mobs without good gear. THF on the other hand I just go out and burn mobs and rarely if ever get hit.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tildarus; 05-14-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Character
    Taruina
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Have all of the DD's pull back on their WS' and DMG, have SATA return, and only nuke on MB's!

Fixed!
    (6)

Ya that might work but your thinking ppl know how to play there job which almost all don't anymore lol
    (1)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerich View Post
    Have all of the DD's pull back on their WS' and DMG, have SATA return, and only nuke on MB's!

Fixed!
    Agree 100%

Often times it is not the fault of the PLD for loosing hate, but of the DDers or Nukers for just full attacking on everything. I see this often in pickup groups, but rarely in parties formed with friends. Thief works to keep enmity on the Paladin, DDers keep a watchful eye on enmity generation and TP feed, and Mages buff/enfeeble, and strike with a nuke at the right time.

Aside from a few specific NMs with hate resets, rarely does the Paladin actually loose the hate, and for those particular NMs, we generally don't use a Paladin as a tank XD

Don't hate the game, hate the players!
    (0)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast