Character
    Aliron
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

[dev1003] Simple solution to the Abyssea Complaints

I can understand if the level requirement on Abyssea is not raised, but what could be done to restore some semblance of balance is cap the XP you get from mobs and chests within certain level ranges like they did with Campaign Battle. The lower levels can still leach, but don't expect to be level 75+ in one sitting type of thing, it encourages more focus outside Abyssea really. This also prevents any conflict with the disclaimer level 30 characters being able to do quests in Abyssea as they can still jump in and do stuff, but the big rewards for the low levels is more of items they can sell on AH for a bit of gil.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Abbysea is great as it is, perfect add ons. The only problem is that the old content cannot measure to the greatness that is Abbysea. The Feb update addressed this with a bandaid solution, but they can do a lot more to it to make it very comparable to Abbysea for a lower lvls under 75. The only reasons they are doing it slowly is because they want everyone to buy the 3 add-ons and make as much money as possible. If they adjust the original contents comparable to abbysea and updated the stats on the gears dropped from endgame activities outside abby, people will go back and do the older contents. Within 2 mini updates and 2 big updates, they will do just that. By then, they probably have the next mini add ons or expansion ready so that you have to buy them as well if you want to get to 99.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Honestly I used to hate against leeches in Abyssea but now with Dominion ops and FC I don't even see the point in doing regular exp parties anymore past level 30.

It is hard as hell to find a real tank past level 30. Any job with provoke can tank up until about level 32 after that it gets rough.

You guys have to understand that Abyssea is done this way because the game is dying whether you want to accept that or not. It is becoming increasingly harder to find exp parties. I just restarted playing last year and I won't even touch certain jobs because I know they don't get party invs.
    (0)
    Last edited by svengalis; 03-14-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Character
    Fondue
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I personally did not enjoy smacking pink birds at various 3 camps around vanadiel for my entire meriting/leveling career and being able to level a job and play it within a reasonable amount of time is welcomed.

inb4 thfs dont know what sneak attack is, rdms dont know what enfeeb potency is, etc

they wouldnt have been oblivious regardless
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondle View Post
    I personally did not enjoy smacking pink birds at various 3 camps around vanadiel for my entire meriting/leveling career and being able to level a job and play it within a reasonable amount of time is welcomed.

inb4 thfs dont know what sneak attack is, rdms dont know what enfeeb potency is, etc

I agree with you, normal exp party is teaching you absolutely nothing about how to play your job, since you are playing within the safety net. The only way you learn your job is by fighting a lot of endgame mobs where you need to really know your job or face dying and wipe. It's great now that everyone can reach lvl 90 in a matter of days, so that you can dedicate the rest of your playing time to start doing endgame and collecting your gears. Bad players will not learn their jobs as fast as good players, and this game is reputation based so you can't get away by not knowing how to play your job correctly. All SE did was making the game more accessible to all, and lessen the time sink considerably.
    (0)

Player

Make Lv represent skill

All I ask is for Lvls to represent skill. If your not good enough to work in a team to lvl up quickly using skill, then you should be having a hard time lvling and can go solo your way up, till you either obtain skills or just keep at it as a solo till you slowly lvl up using persistance. Give them a higher exp bonus when soloing monsters beyond there lvl range. for example, if i solod a monster 5 lvls higher that would put me in a high risk of death, failure and exp loss, then make it worth while for success; reward us with like a 10% or 2k exp bonus not 500exp. If you concider a high risk of failure and possibly a 2k exp loss upon death how is 500exp a reward when winning against something much stronger? If someone represents the skill of soloing something as an IT give them the exp to lvl like if he were to represent a higher lvl (soloing with skill instead of pting with skill should have equal reward). I beg the ff11 dev. team to cap abyssea to atleast 70 to stop ruining what indivisualizes and represent players that have earned the right to have their lvl for there jobs. Theyve already made it much easier to solo exp using FoV pages repeatedly; Try improving that system with more options for certain jobs and lvls too help the low skilled, challenged, persistant type players.
    (0)
    Last edited by AbsoluteZR0_Bahamut; 03-21-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Character
    Aengus
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondle View Post

scariest sig ever.... Oo
    (0)