Sekundes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicora View Post
    Honorbound + Enlight = More damage
    Vorp blade ive done over 2400 to Ironclad's and well over 3k on NQ mobs
    I think Grim +1 is better over other bodys mentioned but thats my prefencen till i get +2 body next week.
    TY all this info will help me be Better except i still cant spell simple words right.
    I'd recommend Badelaire +2 same damage but lower delay as well as CDC without having to actually upgrade an emp. Chant will provide more damage than any stand alone weapon and will knock +10 enlight damage out of the park.

Accolade sword provides a nice tp bonus and a crit rate increase through fencer but it's delay is very high.

I do have to admit though, honorbound is cool looking.
    (0)

I was quite unsure where to head regarding my gear, this thread really gave me somewhere to start at. Like someone proposed I think it would be a good idea to post a list containing ALL equipment (including empyreal +1/+2) so one can see what's worth aiming for.

Although blinking is important to adapt to each situation, I just started trying that when I last started playing (which was a few weeks after the release of the first Abyssea addon). What really annoyed me was that I can't change a whole equipment set with just one macro. Nowadays (I returned to the game this month) I'm just as lazy as before and fulltime Perle Set... But it doesn't really matter anyways, as I mostly just end up as support healer. :/
    Nevertheless, I hope that some day my character may return to usefulness, so how do you all address this? Limit the equipment change to 6 pieces? Or hitting 2 or 3 buttons in a row over and over to change all necessary pieces and then starting the action you actually did that for?

There is something specifically regarding Ryx' post:
    • Is the Haste gear for the spell macros (e.g. Zelus Tiara for Flash) just a filler? Cause AFAIK, Haste gear must remain equipped for the Recast Reduction to stay in effect.
    • I can't find an item named Zeal Charm. Is this a typo or an item not added to the wiki yet?
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It's spelled Ziel charm, oddly. Haste just needs to be equipped when the cast finishes to get the recast reduction. Which shouldn't be an issue.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    It's spelled Ziel charm, oddly. Haste just needs to be equipped when the cast finishes to get the recast reduction. Which shouldn't be an issue.
    Thank you for clearing that up.

And for the Ziel Charm... I always feel it sounds odd when they use German words in the English item names. :/
    (0)

Character
    Avidon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I'm not dissing anyone's choice in game play or anything. Well here I go.
    I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but I'm more like a casual player. I dont have the mental capacity to handle all the more complicated sides to this game. Would I like to? Yes. But I play when I can and try to make sure I dont get into anything to serious so that I can go to bed at a decent time. I'm sure if i put more effort into it I can be better, but I dont have that option. I understand that people are in my situation and can still pull it off, and my hat is off to all of you. This game truly has some amazingly talented and intelligent people.
    But I have to refuse to "Blinking like a Christmas tree" in regards to gear. That's just to much for me to do for me to relax and play a game. I like finding the in between set, and just do what i gotta do. I'm in no regards the best pld out there, but I get it done, and it looks good. That's just something I wanted to share.
    -Personally I prefer the Joyeuse to the Honorbound only because of the multi-hit, but I still keep Honorbound equipped.-
    (0)

Player
    Warp cudgel. u take no dmg if u use it right
    (0)

Character
    Darrka
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I'll leave out AF3, though obviously they'd replace various pieces.

TP: Higher DMG weapons aren't always best, Joyeuse is still a strong contender, I haven't tried mathing swords in some time, so I'll leave that blank.
    Shield: Seigneur Shield
    Ammo: White Tathlum if it shaves a hit off (inb4 oh noes it has -2 enmity)
    Head: Zelus > Veloce > Turban (wtf at Askar^)
    Neck: Ancient torque > PCC > Chiv chain etc
    Ear1: Brutal
    Ear2: Suppa or WoTG earring variant
    Body: Acc capped then Timarli > Grim > Ares > Perle > Haub etc, otherwise Haub >
    Hands: Dusk +1/ Timarli > Homam for acc / dusk if not needed
    Ring1: Toreador's, Blitz if not needed
    Ring2: Rajas always
    Back: Atheling > Cuch for acc
    Belt: Vbelt, PLD can't use Twilight/Bullwhip
    Legs: Homam
    Feet: Homam for acc / Dusk+1 else

Shield

Head: Koenig/Kaiser
    Neck: Shield torque
    Feet: Gallant +1
    Ear1: Buckler
    Ear2: Creed
    Hands: Augmented Versa with +shield
    Back: Boxer's
    Throw PDT in the other slots

PDT

Shamshir +2
    Valhalla head
    Twilight torque
    Darkness earring (PDT augment)
    Valhalla body > Grim cuirass > Versa +1 > Darksteel harness
    Heavy gauntlets > Versa/Darksteel+1/Ebon
    Dark rings > Jelly ring > Succour ring > Patronus ring
    Metallon mantle
    Nierenschutz
    ASA legs w/ PDT
    Ruffian leggings

Can't tell you the best MDT set, since Aegis caps me and I don't worry about it, and I dunno what the best enmity+ stuff is, though it's not useful currently in abyssea.

Yeah screw it, way too many sets to post here.
    (0)
    Last edited by Darka; 03-15-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Dear SE, can my character be black? I find this pro-white to be offensive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2