Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Fix Weakness on Ranged attacks

It is unbalanced that a melee when weaknessed multiple times has no really acc issue and can continue in a fight. A ranger once they have double weakness seems to have 0 racc, no matter how much you stack racc you will be lucky if you hit once.

This is the main weapon of our job, we become useless when weakened unless we melee with crappy attacks.
    (1)

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    this was implemented intentionally to counter rmt tactics way back i the day. there are many old rmt era fixes, but i doubt SE would repeal them due to their reason for implementation.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Melees have Slow to worry about, even during the first weakness. Mages after double weakness are completely useless in any offensive category. It's not just RNG.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Melee's dont have any problems with accuracy, but they are hit with a hefty slow. Since slow doesn't affect ranger, accuracy was cut. But on the flipside, a weakened rng, like a weak blm (single weak) can still nuke/shoot for normal damage. A single weak melee is still hit with the slow.
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I double weakened ranger cannot even hit, that is what I am saying. It is nice we don't get hit with slow, but what does it matter when your racc rate is 1%. I would rather take the slow and do some damage then go make a sandwich while i wait 5 mins.
    (1)

Yeah, but when single weak, we still function at 100%, melees are hit with the slow both single and double. It's called "Balance".
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Would you get it through your head I am talking about double weakness. I know when weak we can still hit, no where did I say different. It is unacceptable when double weakened we become completely useless, that is not balance. SE has no clue what the word balance means anyways.
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    Would you get it through your head I am talking about double weakness. I know when weak we can still hit, no where did I say different. It is unacceptable when double weakened we become completely useless, that is not balance. SE has no clue what the word balance means anyways.
    Then why do you ask them to understand? You just want preferential treatment. You don't seem to care that mages have the exact same problem (100% resist), and in fact some melee do too, depending on what they're doing.

Also, everything doesn't have to follow the same rules to be balanced. Ranged DDs have full strength, up to a certain point, then zero. Melee DD have limited strength all the time. Whether it's fair or not is up for debate, but it's an acceptable trade off, especially considering what these limitations are there to prevent, which is zombie-killing, and which is the only thing you could still want to DD for after dying twice.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    Would you get it through your head I am talking about double weakness.
    Jesus christ, did you actually read my post? Or were you just unable to understand it? I'm not really sure how I could have made it any more clear. I'm fully aware you're talking about double weak. I gave you an explanation of why being useless double weak is balanced - because we function 100% single weak, unlike melee who are gimped both single/double weak.
    (0)
    Last edited by noodles355; 10-02-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Xbobx, I think everyone understands your point. It is frustrating when the only thing you can do when double weak is go make a sandwich. On the other hand, to be completely, 100% effective when single weak is a huge plus. You will be single weak much, much more often than double. Not a bad trade off IMO. Ranger is without doubt the BEST zombie job in the game.

Mmmm, sandwich....
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast