Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Addle was added because SE was scared of mobs not being able to cast, or something.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Addle was added because SE was scared of mobs not being able to cast, or something.
    And Pining Nocturne doesn't stack with Addle because the Development Bros were scared of monsters spending too much time casting.

They really should make up their minds!
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    RDM's "support" role is.... drum roll please...

Cure IV

Cure IV

Haste

Cure IV

Cure IV

Refresh

Haste

Cure IV

Cure IV

And just keep repeating it until the sun burns out or your head explodes.
    (1)

Player
    Funny because a BRD/RDM or BLM/RDM can do all of those spells and more.

In a few days BRD/SMN is gonna be the ultimate buffer cuz BRD/SMN can March and Hastega with /SMN48...
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Funny because a BRD/RDM or BLM/RDM can do all of those spells and more.

In a few days BRD/SMN is gonna be the ultimate buffer cuz BRD/SMN can March and Hastega with /SMN48...
    And now you see why RDM's are complaining in general. Everything under "support" is below 48RDM. "Enfeebles" are complete BS right now.
    (2)

Does support means debuffing the mob?

If this is so... why my WHM (leeched in aby) is better at enfeebling than my RDM (which is my main job)?

I'm confused... I understand why you don't want to give Cure V to RDMs. I don't understand your planning for this job. And Gravity II looks really like a wide, enormous trollface.

On a side note: I always thought RDM is the selfish mage, because apart form Refresh, his other buffs are self-target only.
    (1)
    But the cat came back the very next day...

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Barspells (and their respective Barspellra counterparts) shouldn't be self-target only.

RDMs need a full-time trait to increase their enfeebling potential. Saboteur is weak at once every 5 minutes.

Silence's hypothesized effect to slow casting time on partial resists could stack with Addle to make the mob have a really long cast time for some spells. I like that.

Gravity II does seem like an enormous trollface. The method Kristal proposed is a good fix.

"Zombie" mentioned before would be kind of cool actually. Casting it on normal mobs to make them have undead properties would be nifty - especially since then the occasional accidental mob-cure will have a beneficial effect instead of no effect! Though I think that would be more of a DRK or BLM thing, still, it is as useful as Addle, which would be the WHM counterpart. And what's funny is all the jobs would rarely cast these spells.

Right now it's not even worth enfeebling monsters, and it may not be the spells themselves. The monsters people normally fight either die so fast that enfeebling is a waste of MP, or they're so ridiculously strong in the first place that even if Paralyze did land it would proc maybe once before it wore off.

RDM doesn't need a reworking: the enfeebling system itself does.
    o and Haste II yesprz. even if it were only 5% more it would be the bomb diggity for RDM to have, to truly fit that "support" role you want them to excel so well at.

SE says they want RDMs to be better at enfeebling. They give us (so far):
    * Addle (useful in only certain situations and even then has little to no noticeable effect)
    * Gravity II (decent, I suppose it's good to have 2 gravity recasts now instead of 1 :P )
    * Break (nvm, maybe this is supposed to be Addle's counterpart? Though in all honesty it's like an extra stun/sleep spell, so it's not bad to have).
    * Saboteur (5 min recast and little extra benefit for that cost compared to the other mages' niches).

3 new spells? 2 of which are given to other jobs? and a rather dull job ability as icing on the cake it seems. Perhaps Spontaneity could tie in with enfeebling enhancements but really.

RDM needs some lovin'.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Well Paralyze II is awesome on things that don't have built-in potency reduction. Earlier I was consistently soloing VT~IT tigers for my drops. Slow II + Paralyze II + Dia III and I just owned them on RDM/NIN. Sab + Para II just rapes a monsters attack rounds.

That being said ... all current NM's are pretty much resistant to paralize. Either it lands and never procs (potency reduction) or it'll never land (straight resistance). It's pretty much useless on big stuff, as is all our enfeebles in general. Grav II is -40 evasion, that's +40 acc to everyone in the alliance, a great thing to stack with Dia III. Except due to it's movement speed effect, SE has made ALL current NM's resistant to Gravity. So again, an enfeebled that's useless on big fights.
    (0)

Character
    Patrik
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    sometime i feel like SE view on rdm is "whelp, it was overpowered for years so... now it will be worthless for years! " :/ but honestly, if we are supposed to be focused on single target buffs, fine. BUT let us single target OTHER people x.x its like we are built to only play by ourselves now, and kill mobs ourselves... very... slowly... i don't care if we don't get cure V, i'm just pissed that SE said rdms will be changed more into the master of debuffs and single target buffs. so they give us 2 more debuffs, one of which they give to whm as well, the other can't land on most worthwhile mobs like every other enfeeb (which makes no sense, if we can only land debuffs on weak mobs then we don't NEED to debuff those mobs). and their answer to our buffing mastery, give us new buffs that we can only use on ourselves, and give whm the same buffs that they can AoE... essentially giving us dumbed down leftovers...

bah, ok /rageoff. just getting frustrated that my favorite job for 7+ years is now the most looked down on job out there x.x
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrik View Post
    sometime i feel like SE view on rdm is "whelp, it was overpowered for years so... now it will be worthless for years! " :/ but honestly, if we are supposed to be focused on single target buffs, fine. BUT let us single target OTHER people x.x its like we are built to only play by ourselves now, and kill mobs ourselves... very... slowly... i don't care if we don't get cure V, i'm just pissed that SE said rdms will be changed more into the master of debuffs and single target buffs. so they give us 2 more debuffs, one of which they give to whm as well, the other can't land on most worthwhile mobs like every other enfeeb (which makes no sense, if we can only land debuffs on weak mobs then we don't NEED to debuff those mobs). and their answer to our buffing mastery, give us new buffs that we can only use on ourselves, and give whm the same buffs that they can AoE... essentially giving us dumbed down leftovers...

bah, ok /rageoff. just getting frustrated that my favorite job for 7+ years is now the most looked down on job out there x.x
    Spoken as someone on the receiving end. You do ~not~ want this. Single target "other" people turns our days into this

Haste
    Buff 1
    Buff 2
    Haste
    Buff 1
    Buff 2
    Haste
    Buff 1
    Buff 2
    Haste

And you keep doing it until the sun explodes or you become mentally exhausted.

I can't imagine anyone who's ever done cycles would ever want that again. It was the single greatest issue with RDM, the the most hated and what drove the majority of career RDM's to find other jobs. We don't mind supporting other party members, we're team players and all. It's the way SE implements it that makes it a disaster in the waiting. If we're going to buff players then it NEEDS to be aoe or effect a large group simultaneously.

It took us the better part of seven years to get away from buff cycles, and only through SE's utter incompetence. Under no circumstance do you want to be the RDM responsible for dispensing those "buffs", its one of the absolute worst things you can do to someone. The only thing worse is to force a SMN/WHM to main heal with Cure III.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast