Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Hey remember SC > MB? Make it required.

If we are going to have arbitrary procing systems that doesn't make sense except it keeps us busy, you might as well make SC > MB mandatory again.

Make the next expansion require SC or MB to be used to defeat more difficult mobs. Just let them stay at 0% until they are hit by one or the other. If you are going to take the time to forcibly educate people how not to play together properly as a group in aby, you really should make sure everyone knows how to play together properly when it actually matters.

I'm sure I'll get tons of conflicting views on this about how people are too lazy to actually do something in sync with another person, but too bad. Get Skype, get Vent and be sociable. Write decent Macros if you don't voice chat. I'm pretty tired of everyone being too lazy to do SC > MB because it's not required. So make it required again.

UPDATE: if you are going to TL;DR the entire rest of the discussion and only comment on the OP, then realize we moved on to how Party Tactics and SC>MB could be improved to make the game more interesting.
    (38)
    Last edited by ManaKing; 12-11-2011 at 03:06 AM.
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I was just thinking they need to add new skill chains.
    (16)

Or just make Skillchains proc weaknesses.
    (21)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    They already do, just not the kind you're thinking of. lol
    (4)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    If we are going to have arbitrary procing systems that doesn't make sense except it keeps us busy, you might as well make SC > MB mandatory again. [..] So make it required again.
    It was never required. It was never even that helpful. Only situation I can think of where it was would be KS99 turtle.
    (5)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

SC+MB is the same as it ever was.

People just got smarter.
    (18)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    SC+MB is the same as it ever was.

People just got LAZIER.
    Fix't and Agreed.
    (16)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If we are going to have arbitrary procing systems that doesn't make sense except it keeps us busy, you might as well make SC > MB mandatory again.

Make the next expansion require SC or MB to be used to defeat more difficult mobs. Just let them stay at 0% until they are hit by one or the other. If you are going to take the time to forcibly educate people how not to play together properly as a group in aby, you really should make sure everyone knows how to play together properly when it actually matters.

I'm sure I'll get tons of conflicting views on this about how people are too lazy to actually do something in sync with another person, but too bad. Get Skype, get Vent and be sociable. Write decent Macros if you don't voice chat. I'm pretty tired of everyone being too lazy to do SC > MB because it's not required. So make it required again.
    This has got to be the best idea i've heard all week. I don't think it should be in abyssea though, they have a system. If Limbus has to have procs than put it there. I really hate procs, I'd hate to see limbus get a proc system, but einherjar is just to much to add a proc system to theres too much going on there.

Only problem is what if I don't have enough tp once the mob reaches 1% to SC/MB, perhaps if you can only do ONLY 1 damage to the mob to start, like King Arthro? (forget his name but he is the HNM crab inside the SW), this way you can always build tp and once you SC/MB the mob takes normal damage from that point on, in addition to the orginal SC/MB damage, and is considered 'weakened'/proc'd.
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Fixed and agreed.
    Fixed and disagreed.
    (10)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Fixed and disagreed.
    Only if the disagree is about the term lazy as people did not get lazier, they got too impatient to use them.
    (3)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast