Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Having SCs auto increase lights in VW without a stagger would be kinda kewl.
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    Having SCs auto increase lights in VW without a stagger would be kinda kewl.
    Not really, take the ability to red stagger out of mages hands and what's the point of bringing any that's not a whm? more so what's the point of bringing anything other than cors and sams?
    (0)

Character
    Shinzonx
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    stop being lazy and just type not everyone wants to hear another guys voice or w/e i dont i perfer typeing
    (0)

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Skillchains were also being fully resisted by Pil too, to stay on topic. 1.5k Wildfire closed a 91 damage Darkness, and the Light SCs that the Mnk was self-SC'ing weren't doing much better.
    probably because you're making a skillchain that doesn't fit the monster's weakness, had you made light, it would have yielded fire or wind damage which is a caturae's weakness.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    probably because you're making a skillchain that doesn't fit the monster's weakness, had you made light, it would have yielded fire or wind damage which is a caturae's weakness.
    Skillchains were also being fully resisted by Pil too, to stay on topic. 1.5k Wildfire closed a 91 damage Darkness, and the Light SCs that the Mnk was self-SC'ing weren't doing much better.
    Small sample size, obviously, but I certainly didn't see any full damage lights go off.

SC+MB with a horde of BLMs works under the assumption that black mages can do more and/or safer damage than melees. In practice, they certainly don't do more damage than melees, and I don't feel that they offer much additional safety either.

Someone's going to be tanking it, so there will always be a couple melees in range of things no matter what setup you use. Beyond that, as long as melees are only consistently in when they have Fanatic's up, black mages really aren't much safer than standard DDs. Their range grants them the ability to continue to DD without needing Fanatic's, but BLM damage alone isn't really able to hold a candle to Empyrean DDs or especially Corsairs that are rocking Discipline+Coercion+Tactician's+Miser's+Monarch's+Braver's+Stalwart's+the Crit one even if they're (aside from the COR) limited to only zerging when Fanatic's is up.

The Magic Burst +30% atmacite could be interesting, but again would require such a BLM-heavy setup that it's probably not worth doing - especially considering how many procs you lose out on by both ditching melees and having Blms use damage spells rather than proc spells.
    (1)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzonx View Post
    stop being lazy and just type not everyone wants to hear another guys voice or w/e i dont i perfer typeing
    Um... what?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    playing well
    Biggest misconception ever. Right on par with EXP grinding at 5k/hr 1-75 is required to learn how to play a job.

Skillchains don't have a skill aspect. It's so easy, a caveman could do it.
    (7)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolic View Post
    Not really, take the ability to red stagger out of mages hands and what's the point of bringing any that's not a whm? more so what's the point of bringing anything other than cors and sams?
    You would still need to stagger for temps and I'm not talking about a 20% increase. Maybe 3-5% per SC. Maybe make it so SCs add blue and MBs add red. Most of your lights would still come from staggers but if you were 8% from cap and couldn't find that tasty proc you could just set up an SC or 2.
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    what are you suggestion lvl 4 skillchain ? cosmic evultions
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

91 damage Darkness skillchains, and the Light SCs weren't doing much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    This is my favorite part of the thread.
    (5)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast