Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    It was never required. It was never even that helpful. Only situation I can think of where it was would be KS99 turtle.
    wow you must be retarded or something. Its always been useful you just had to do the right one and it was the best way to keep the exp chain o,o
    (4)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I agree! I believe se should provide an alternative for procing !! SCs to proc red and MBs to proc yellow. My blu would be happy

I like this thread.
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
    wow you must be retarded or something. Its always been useful you just had to do the right one and it was the best way to keep the exp chain o,o
    No, you're just bad at math. But it's ok, most people are.
    (8)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    SC+MB is the same as it ever was.

People just got smarter.
    This is the pertinent comment. For anyone who doesn't understand it, here is a bit of explanation:

The only situations I see people use Skillchains or Magic Bursts anymore is either self-chains or groups playing around or showing off.

The reason for this is very clear - while a skillchain does allow for more damage, which is excellent if you can pull off a self-skillchain, very rarely does TP in a party match up so that people can blast weapon skills at the exactly right time, and the damage from waiting for a skillchain or using a weapon skill with a little bit of extra TP simply does not match up enough in many situations to justify putting the effort into a skillchain.

If people really want Skillchains + Magic Bursts to be more viable, there either has to be more damage or other effects from performing them all around, and a better reward for using a weapon skill without having to hit one of the 100/200/300 TP marks exactly.

There are a ton of suggestions that could be made to this end, like having a level four skillchain that requires three skillchains (so players can't self-skillchain it) or making magic bursts boost the potency of -ja style spells. Posting these would be more helpful then simply "making SC+MB neccisary for a victory" by far.
    (9)

Player
    I wouldn't mind skillchains and magic bursts in a proc system. If the Development Bros want us to do tricks in order to be rewarded with drops (or punished with logs, in the case of Voidwatch), why not make the tricks vaguely more interesting than "Colonel Mustard in Abyssea-Vunkerl with a Pitchfork"?

Beyond that, no. Just no. People have moved past Skillchains and Magic Bursts because working together to do less overall damage makes about as much sense as wearing a living box jellyfish as a hat. The way to fix Skillchains and Magic Bursts would be to make Skillchains and Magic Bursts worthwhile somehow, not the horrific maledictions I've read in this topic.
    (6)

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Ah I remember setting up a 3-way SC MB in my first static back in the old old days of Bibiki Bay. Crap used to die pretty fast as opposed to just spamming WS. And then Aht Urgan came out and exp mobs became squishy and everything changed.

These days if you tried to set up a SC on purpose and then MB on top of that you probably just wasted about 3 ws and 2 nukes worth of damage to do 1.5x as much damage. Blms also don't need anymore help pulling hate by doing even more damage in one shot. I don't miss the days of having to spam a pt chat macro stating my TP so the other guy/gal would know when to use his/her ws.
    (1)

Having to spam your current TP is an interface flaw that doesn't really belong in this discussion .

Anyway, I think they should perhaps just add bonus damage to SCs when more than one person is part of them. +40% damage when two people are part of a SC, +60% when three. etc.

Also, WS damage should pop up in the battle log even if you gearswap before the animation is done playing. I think it's easy to forget how cool it is to make a light SC for 5000 extra damage when you never actually see how much more damage you did.

And lastly, I think if you absolutely wanted to make some arbitrary proc system, you should do it with SCs rather than for example elemental WSes.
    (8)

Character
    Svens
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Make SCs and MB similar to Xenoblade Chronicles Chain attacks: Additional effects of WS/enfeebles/spell damage the NM is normally immune to able to land 100% corresponding to the element. I think a previous update increased the macc bonus for MBing, but that doesn't mean jack if the NM is immune. Would help those new WSs with nice additional effects and make rdm slightly relevant again.

(If it wasn't clear, for WS additional effects, it would just have to link in a skillchain instead of matching the element, which could possibly open up the use of old, random WS nobody uses.)
    (3)
    Last edited by Svens; 12-05-2011 at 01:30 AM.

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    "u got ukon war?"
    "no, but I do have MNK PLD and WHM"
    "SAM pls"

Cmon, you HAD to have thought of it too.
    (5)

NO MORE PROC SYSTEMS!
    They are stupid and a waste of time.

That is all.

A gimmick fight like sandworm KA is ok once in awhile though, but no more then one.
    (10)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast