Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Pullox
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90

possible Reraise bug

Reraise wore off on the level sync target when he died and deleveled.
    It had been on for less than 2hours, and it appeared in the chat log together(exact same time) with the rest of the text telling me that level sync had changed to 30 etc, and then followed by the message telling me what killed me(the wight hits pullox for XX dmg).

I did talk to a GM about this, but he tried suggesting that reraise might have been removed due to some abillity that can take away reraise and suggested i go look up how reraise works on a community site....

I have a screenshot, but i can't seem to upload it on the forums

Platform: Windows
    ISP: BBB
    Type of Internet Connection: VDSL
    Internet Connection Speed: 40/10
    Date & Time: March, 11.
    Frequency: Once (did not reproduce)
    Character Name: Pullox
    Race: TaruM
    World: Asura
    Main Job: NIN 31
    Support Job: DNC
    Area and Coordinates: Qufim Island, I-7/8
    Party or Solo: Duo, in party
    Monster Name: Wight, Wight, Wight, Wight, Clipper and maybe a Glow Bat
    Steps:
    1. Have enough exp to delevel if you die.
    2. Use a reraise earring.
    3. Put Level Sync on you.
    4. Die.
    (0)

Character
    Krav
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 90
    Last I checked, level sync wears off Reraise.
    (0)

San d'Oria / Valefor. Been playing on and off since 2004
    Character
    Blackone
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 39

Effects go bye bye

I too have noticed that many effects are taken away when you level sync. Refresh, reraise, regen, and even protect and shell. I remember hearing from a friend something about them patching this but, as I too have found, this is not the case. We'll just have to be very careful when we level sync I guess.
    (0)

Yea, it is quite simple actually. (And a by product of how level sync is programmed) When the syncée delevels, the level sync is re-applied and at this moment all buffs are cleared. It is however funny that the game can handle leveling up, because all spells you could cast at level X, are available at level X+1. While it takes the safe bet and removes all buffs if you go X to X-1 just in case X got a spell X-1 doesn't.

SE could update it to not remove buffs if your level change is + or - 1 I guess. Would solve this problem, but allow people to slightly cheat by casting level 14 spells and syncing to 13 and having a slight edge over the monsters. (But I can't see how this is really a problem)
    (0)

Character
    Pullox
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    Actually, reraise from reraise earring does NOT wear off when you sync(ffxiclopedia's got it noted as well) since i put it on before syncing, and then realised I was maybe gonna lose it, but I didn't, and I had the RR symbol all the way until I lost it the same moment I died.

Reraise DOES wear off if it's the spell, and possibly from FoV too, but not the earring nor hairpin.
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Reraise effect only lasts 1 hour.
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Pullox
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Retsujo View Post
    Reraise effect only lasts 1 hour.
    Reraise earring lasts 2hours, which was used in my case. Please read the first post and reply with relevant information.
    (0)

Hello there, Pullox. Could you please clarify what level you had synced to after using the Reraise Hairpin?
    (0)

Character
    Pullox
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    In detail:
    1. nin29/14dnc, I use my Reraise Earring.(reraise hairpin was just a side not since it works the same way)
    2. Level sync, target on me.
    3. Level up to 30, and then 31.
    4. Die when you've just reached 31 so you level down to 30, while having Reraise status effect active.

That's the exact way it was performed.
    How do i upload pictures to the forums?
    (0)

Greetings, Pullox!
    Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns with the effects of Reraise. I can understand how strange it seems to have your Reraise Earring wear off before the time was up, so I will make sure to submit all of the information that you have provided to the development team. They will conduct a thorough investigation of the matter, based on this information. I highly recommend keeping posted to this thread for any information about the investigation. I also recommend consulting www.PlayOnline.com for any further developments, just in case. Thanks again for your report!
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast