Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Counter for PLD, but not the way you think...

I propose that PLD gets a counter based on Shield blocking. Point being, if some one was to push back with a shield during a block, it may leave there oponet open for a counter. Just my thoughts. what about yours?
    (3)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Player
    Interesting idea, if they did do it i can't see them giving it a high or even moderate proc rate.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiichi View Post
    I propose that PLD gets a counter based on Shield blocking.
    I feel that Reprisal fits this somewhat, although I'm not sure if it is what you had in mind.

Anything new would have to have Reprisal in mind, but I'd imagine other stuff would be weaker, because it would be based on a percentage of your shield block rate. A shield based counter that nullifies damage and attacks would be neat, but a very low activation rate would be likely, and even then probably not something SE plans on doing.

Still, it sounds cool.
    (0)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Okay, maybe "Counter" was a miss word, try to think of it as "I blocked your attack, and now I see an opening in your own def." If this was implaminted, it would be a job trait, not an ability or spell, however I guess it would be awsome as an ability. Unlike counter however, you wouldn't compleatly null dmg, you'd still take dmg based on the fact that you blocked.
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If it isn't Counter in that is nullifies damage, I see even less of a chance of it happening, especially since Reprisal already does what you are suggesting. Reprisal can almost be kept up full time with the right gear (30 second gap in time though) and has a really, really low cast time. I think a better suggestion would be merits for Reprisal to make it possible to keep up full time, or a Reprisal II spell.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiichi View Post
    Okay, maybe "Counter" was a miss word, try to think of it as "I blocked your attack, and now I see an opening in your own def." If this was implaminted, it would be a job trait, not an ability or spell, however I guess it would be awsome as an ability. Unlike counter however, you wouldn't compleatly null dmg, you'd still take dmg based on the fact that you blocked.
    hmmm, what about an increased chance to crit after a successful block? (maybe even with some modifiers to attack or something)
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Increased crit chance would be interesting, but there is the risk of making the Paladin a crit machine with some of the higher block shields, so it would have to be done carefully. Still, it sounds awesome.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Increased crit chance would be interesting, but there is the risk of making the Paladin a crit machine with some of the higher block shields, so it would have to be done carefully. Still, it sounds awesome.
    well yes of course, but theres two points i'd like to state in regards to that : 1. I did say increase the chance so I imagine theres a lot of room for balance (could be 10% could be 25% etc.) and 2. a lot of plds claim that the main problem with the job right now is it doesnt do enough damage, this would be a possible way to aid that I think.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yes, you did say to increase the rate not force a crit, otherwise I would have called you on it. I had to read your comment twice to be sure you said what you did, I enjoy calling people on stuff

There is one point I'd like to restate in regards to what you've said. Your idea sounds awesome.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Yes, you did say to increase the rate not force a crit, otherwise I would have called you on it. I had to read your comment twice to be sure you said what you did, I enjoy calling people on stuff

There is one point I'd like to restate in regards to what you've said. Your idea sounds awesome.
    Heh, well thanks! ^^
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast