Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Seconds
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    A BLU can drain 900, once every 5 minutes, at the cost of *not* being able to do every other spell under that JA like double defense, or a 30% defense down + damage, or etc...

In that 5 minutes a DRK with no haste or fastcast gear could cast Drain 5 times and Drain II once. Without hindering their ability to cast any other spell like Absorb-TP or Dread Spikes. If you're not draining at least 150 with Drain, I suggest the problem is not with the job, but with you.
    I don't have a DRK.

Anyways, so you're saying a DRK has to be 'working his drains' for 5 minutes straight to 'keep up' with the drain amount that the BLU can do in .01 seconds?

And..we're talking about the DRK that has been draining his whole life yet he couldn't find some sort of way to be better at it.
    Blue gets Drain-ga via Blood Saber as well.
    DRK can Drain-Attri but BLU got Osmosis as well.

But what I'm trying to discuss is the argument of utility.

Would you rather receive a lump sum of 50,000 dollars, or be paid monthly to reach the same amount?
    Sure, you could reduce the delay in which you receive your monthly payments with your fast cast gear and what not, but it will never be that one fat 50,000 paycheck.

It is true with what you said about BLU, if they use Bloodrake, they can't use the other UL spells. However UL spells are pretty situational, and the situation I'm talking about is Drain healing.

Bloodrake can also be skillchained to Darkness, and it also uses a TP modifier that modifies its damage. Used with CA you can pushed well over 900, haven't tried using Efflux with it as I believed I would of over-drained my maxHP.
    God knows how much damage/HP you'd get with Azure Lore in effect.
    Going off topic.

If DRKs think that DRK can drain just fine as is, then that's that I guess.
    I just happened to ask myself "Why am I draining harder than a DRK?"
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by idx1 View Post
    DRK should get something that nobody else can do
    Drks already complain better than any other job, even lolpretendmeleerdm and whiny smns. thfs don't even complain anymore, I think they've all just given up entirely, lol.
    (1)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    truth i don't see a lot of blus using bloodrake (a move with-33%def comes to mind as to why) and most drks would probably take offense to being said to only be able to do 150 drain1, well the good ones anyhow >.>;. back on topic tho, bloodrake being a physical move also probably means it can miss.... if your going to compare it to something compare it to relic scythe ws which in 5 mins a drk will have weponskills god knows how many times and daring several thousand more hp. No if anyone has a reason to be mad at blu is drg since we are getting spells that trump agol (tho there still 5 min moves that can miss....)
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by idx1 View Post
    Coming with the new update BLU is able to drain 900+, which a DRK can only hope of doing.

I personally disagree with this as much as I would enjoy the prospect on 99BLU.

IF BLU can drain better than a DRK, then DRK should get something that nobody else can do.

Like....Drain-everything-from-yo-fayce.
    HP/MP/TP+str/dex/vit/the works.

Balance the numbers so its not literally 12 spells at once.

But a BLU shouldn't be a better drainer than a DRK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaking View Post
    truth i don't see a lot of blus using bloodrake (a move with-33%def comes to mind as to why) and most drks would probably take offense to being said to only be able to do 150 drain1, well the good ones anyhow >.>;. back on topic tho, bloodrake being a physical move also probably means it can miss.... if your going to compare it to something compare it to relic scythe ws which in 5 mins a drk will have weponskills god knows how many times and daring several thousand more hp. No if anyone has a reason to be mad at blu is drg since we are getting spells that trump agol (tho there still 5 min moves that can miss....)
    wait what? Someone said drk only drains 150 HP with drain 1? rofl. I break 250~300 HP drains as Pup/Sch in my TP gear, if a drk can't top that with all of their dark magic skill gear and drain enhancing gear, they royally suck.
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    wait what? Someone said drk only drains 150 HP with drain 1? rofl. I break 250~300 HP drains as Pup/Sch in my TP gear, if a drk can't top that with all of their dark magic skill gear and drain enhancing gear, they royally suck.
    You're draining about as much as anyone is going to Drain regardless of being on DRK or not. The formula is capped and slow to build anyway. Which is sort of the problem. Also, the impact of the spell if very meh at 95. By the way, your post is false by definition since Drain will always randomly be at 50% power. So if you're doing 300HP Drains, your range is actually 150-300HP. This is hard-coded into the formula and no M.Acc can help it.

The main idea here is: Drain and Drain II haven't been able to keep up with levels. Drain II has always been more of a novelty than anything. DRK needs some more useful ways to use its HP, and SE apparently likes BLU a lot more than DRK.
    (0)
    Last edited by Selzak; 12-07-2011 at 12:34 AM.

Player
    Both drain were uncapped sometime ago after people noticed they still were capped for 75 cap iirc. Their scaling is odd, but this is SE we're talking about. It doesn't help Drk doesn't/can't use dark damage affinity either (whether the hidden effect of dark/pluto's or magian staves). That and having such effect attached to weapons Drk shouldn't/can't use for melee in the first place for obvious reasons.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    It doesn't help Drk doesn't/can't use dark damage affinity either (whether the hidden effect of dark/pluto's or magian staves).
    Should be a grip that gives dark affinity as a latent effect that is active when using either a Scythe, Great Sword, or Great Axe. Should also be all elemental affinity shields that cover a combination if not all elements either, but we'll see if SE ever gives us either.
    (0)

Character
    Missangie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selzak View Post
    Since we're still on DRK:

A trait that randomly triggers a weakened Blood Weapon effect on melee attacks would fit well. (like 5% unmerited)
    I totally had this same idea and was discussing this with my bf the other day
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Should be a grip that gives dark affinity as a latent effect that is active when using either a Scythe, Great Sword, or Great Axe. Should also be all elemental affinity shields that cover a combination if not all elements either, but we'll see if SE ever gives us either.
    Yes, but DRKs would still use rose/pole/sword or just about any other grip that leans towards melee :<

There needs to be a grip that does something for both, and not something piddly, something significant for both.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5