Thread: NIN Tanking

Character
    Kuroganashi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

NIN Tanking

NIN is the best Tank for a NON BLM Enemy since Shadows are wiped by "-AGA" spells it is a BIG BIG Weakness of us, Ninjas.

However NIN are also best Tanks 'cuz of our Evasion Bonus and Armor, Even tho it could be PAR with THF's but it is only 10 Less skill 2nd BEST EVA Job in GAME

^^

NIN/DNC is nice to tank because it can "Violent Flourish" the "-AGA" the BLM Mobs do, not 100% Stun as any DNC can tell you, but it works.

for Holding Enmity, CAP Haste (26%) and Dual Wield (50~56%) and Weapon Skill Strong and True.

I hope this have helped some new Ninjas looking for GOOD Advice, Peace
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Nin does not get Evasion Bonus.

And personally I never go /dnc if I'm tanking. Only for soloing.
    (9)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    NIN is fourth best Eva job in the game. For many things NIN does tank, Evasion sets are often counterproductive. And it's not the best tank for many things, not just BLM mobs. Also, not just BLM mobs cast AoE spells or have AoE moves, which can also wipe shadows. Also, I hate when people say "aga", sounds like cavemen-speech.
    (6)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Taking nin tanking advice from a person who cant figure out how to make migawari work seems counterproductive to improving oneself.
    (12)

Character
    Shoden
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    I been ninja tanking roughly 9+ years, in fact I would argue me and a handful of players were some of the first Ninja tanks on Fenrir. Nothing I can see is REALLY wrong with ninja as a tank whole. What most people need to understand is game balance, ninja tanking is a group effort as far as not letting hate bounce around. Ninja can now damage deal tank & evade tank for hate which before was not available. Enmity is a huge thing for building hate, but where it really shines is if you macro it in for PROVOKE. Not sure if everyone uses Enmity gear macro for Provoke, try it out you will gain hate back in a instant no matter how much damage was caused to lose it.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Isn't the expansion that added nin less then 9 years old?
    (4)

Considering there's an "8th Anniversary" thread in General, the entire game for NAs is much less than 9 years old.
    (3)

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayanoki View Post
    I been ninja tanking roughly 9+ years, in fact I would argue me and a handful of players were some of the first Ninja tanks on Fenrir. Nothing I can see is REALLY wrong with ninja as a tank whole. What most people need to understand is game balance, ninja tanking is a group effort as far as not letting hate bounce around. Ninja can now damage deal tank & evade tank for hate which before was not available. Enmity is a huge thing for building hate, but where it really shines is if you macro it in for PROVOKE. Not sure if everyone uses Enmity gear macro for Provoke, try it out you will gain hate back in a instant no matter how much damage was caused to lose it.
    Wrong on multiple counts.

First off nin tanking today is no more a group effort than any other job tanking discounting a pld without ochain that somehow is starving on mp.
    Secondly you don't gain hate via evading. Third of all provoke is crap for overall hate since hate/emnity is actually two things combined. Volatile emnity and cumulative emntiy. Cumulative decays very slowly while VE decays rapidly and is the reason behind hate bouncing about. provoke is prettymuch all VE and the reason why i said before that it's crap is the VE decays at such a rate that the hate from provoke wears off before the animation even finishes. Aka it'suseless Thanks to the 2 second JAdelay you're effectively getting negative emnity.
    And can now damage tank? That was half the entire point of nin tanking working. The other half was that nin had shadows. This is barring the nin/brd and nin/drk subtypes which no longer matter as they have been completely nerfed into oblivion.

Nin tanking is really simple. Put on some PROPER DD gear melee it for hate with some enfeebles like yurin put in to reduce tp gain.Use migawari if needed. DD the monster for hate. Wear pdt gear when needed and the same with mdt macros. If you cant melee the mob and deal effective damage then you're out of luck since as mentioned before your ability to tank said mobs like that got nerfed already.
    Or if even that is tldr. wear DD gear. DD the monster until it's dead.
    (5)

Character
    Shoden
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Sorry, been playing since NA release around 02? which ROZ came out roughly 03 if I remember right.
    (0)

10. 12-03-2011 11:02 AM

Character
    Shoden
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Khajit View Post
    Wrong on multiple counts.

First off nin tanking today is no more a group effort than any other job tanking discounting a pld without ochain that somehow is starving on mp.
    Secondly you don't gain hate via evading. Third of all provoke is crap for overall hate since hate/emnity is actually two things combined. Volatile emnity and cumulative emntiy. Cumulative decays very slowly while VE decays rapidly and is the reason behind hate bouncing about. provoke is prettymuch all VE and the reason why i said before that it's crap is the VE decays at such a rate that the hate from provoke wears off before the animation even finishes. Aka it'suseless Thanks to the 2 second JAdelay you're effectively getting negative emnity.
    And can now damage tank? That was half the entire point of nin tanking working. The other half was that nin had shadows. This is barring the nin/brd and nin/drk subtypes which no longer matter as they have been completely nerfed into oblivion.

Nin tanking is really simple. Put on some PROPER DD gear melee it for hate with some enfeebles like yurin put in to reduce tp gain.Use migawari if needed. DD the monster for hate. Wear pdt gear when needed and the same with mdt macros. If you cant melee the mob and deal effective damage then you're out of luck since as mentioned before your ability to tank said mobs like that got nerfed already.
    Or if even that is tldr. wear DD gear. DD the monster until it's dead.
    The number 1 hate builder is DAMAGE. Provoke is NOT a hate builder, it ragains hate. Ever voked a mob you were tanking and it never came back cause the other IE damage dealer had it? That is cause you lacked Enmity to get it back. Should try it some times it works wonders. Tanking now is simple and what a shame.. I came from a time when ninja had to hold one mob for hours. DAMAGE DAMAGE DAMAGE.. he who fills the cup first, holds the key to hate.

Just a side note Emnity gear for provoke adds a huge instant hate spike, while yes it goes away instantly it is very useful for getting the mob back on you.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast