Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    War has been on roughly 5 great swords since level cap rise, not counting Ragnarok/fake relic.
    WAR is on 86 great swords. There are 149, including all trial great swords (I even included all the +x trial weapons). That's still 58% of all great swords, so a majority. If you look at non-trial weapons, WAR is on 70% of all great swords. So I'll leave you with this:
    "A lot" of greatswords indeed.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Anyways I think this whole Cala discussion been beaten into the dirt. Any WAR's out there had any fun with Resolution yet? Was thinking about throwing a merit into it and seeing what its all about. Figured it would something fun to toy with.
    (0)

Player
    What part of 'since level cap rise' did you not read?

Actually, this perfectly mirrors Rdms and Daggers.
    (1)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 12-17-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    What part of 'since level cap rise' did you not read?
    I did read it and I wasn't replying to that. I was replying to your remark:
    "A lot" of greatswords indeed.
    Seeing how I was talking about great swords in general and you mentioned only recent additions to great swords, I didn't feel the sarcasm was warranted, since it didn't encompass what I was talking about.

SE have been exceedingly stingy about putting jobs on newly released weapons in general. Not just RDM on daggers, but also SAM and WAR on polearms, DRK on great axes, PLD on staves, etc. I'm not saying that I miss any of these combinations deeply (although my WAR does feel kinda odd without an endgame polearm, even though it wouldn't matter much with the lack of a relevant weapon skill), I'm just saying that's how it is. If you just count older weapons, the percentage of WAR on great swords would be even higher.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    They already explained why when Blus asked for more clubs. They are focusing on the major weapons for jobs, and don't really have plans for that sort of thing.

... Although it seems their response didn't make it into english.
    (2)

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon
    Thanks for sharing your opinion. What the development team should and shouldn't do is (thankfully) not up to you. Otherwise we'd still be stuck on 24 hours in between chocobo races.
    Can I just say - lol !

On actual topic however, I don't think WAR should be on calad's.. However I do think they need a few better high level GSwords - such as the new one from VW.

If a WAR has to proc using a GSword in VW, assumably they would want to keep up reasonable damage while doing so - especially on the new VW path due to their reasonably high DT-.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alderin; 12-22-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Character
    Hextitan
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Anyways I think this whole Cala discussion been beaten into the dirt. Any WAR's out there had any fun with Resolution yet? Was thinking about throwing a merit into it and seeing what its all about. Figured it would something fun to toy with.
    Haven't tried it outside of Abyssea on WAR but it's fun with Mighty Strikes:

(1)

Character
    Yandaime
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Yea I'm curious too. I've been on break from the game for a bit playing MW3 and I see all the new stuff so I'm thinking I might come back and play with these new WSs. I've always liked Greatsword but have never used it because of the lack of "POP" in the WSs and now theres Resolution... and full Merit Resolution = 100% STR? on 5-Hit? with fTP mod tested to land on all hits? That sounds very interesting. Anyone done any testing? I might just take the time to make a Ragnarok since the currency is soloable now lol. Or is Upheaval better since I have alot of Koenig Gear and Bravura?

I dont know about you guys, but I'm happy that Greatsword finally got some love. We can talk about our jobs all day long but that Weapon Class has been widely ignored forever in my humble opinion so its nice to see a potential nut-cracker
    (0)
    = He who hesitates is lost = (dont remember who's quote this is but I like it)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5