Character
    Kirah
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Warrior and Great Swords

Hi there

I was watching the new Weapon skills that gonna be added in december update, they looks really cool and seems to be powerfull also.
    In particular the new Great Sword WS "Resolution": 5hit dmg varies with tp with a Str modifier.
    Unfortunately looking at warrior's great swords i can't see any good weapon, apart Ragnarok obviously (but that's worth the 120-150M ?).
    My point is : could SE make Caladbolg WAR/PLD/DRK like relic GS instead PLD/DRK only?
    (6)

Player
    No. If you want a use a strong Greatsword on War that's what Ragnarok is for. SE has no reason or need to put War on Caladbolg.
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    No. If you want a use a strong Greatsword on War that's what Ragnarok is for. SE has no reason or need to put War on Caladbolg.
    I highly doubt that question was directed at you, or that you are, in any way, shape or form, qualified to answer it.

SE has a reason to put WAR on it, because WAR is on almost every Great Sword, can use all but the faussar types of Great Swords (many of which DRK can't use either) and has higher Great Sword skill than PLD.

SE has no need to put it there, but SE has no need to put anything on anything, and sometimes they don't even when it makes sense. Other times they do even when it doesn't make sense.

I don't care much for Caladbolg or Great Swords in general, but I wouldn't mind if WAR was on there, simply because it does make sense. Or because I'm a completionist, whatever.
    (8)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    No, they do not have a reason to put War on it, War doesn't need it, War isn't on it, War will most likely not be changed to be put on Caladbolg. If you want to use an inferior weapon type on War with the New WS, get a Ragnarok, and stop asking for stupid crap like this.
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    No, they do not have a reason to put War on it [..]
    So what about what I just said?

[..] War doesn't need it [..]
    As I just said. Still not relevant, as I also just said.

[..] War isn't on it [..]
    Duh, why else would this thread have been created.

[..] War will most likely not be changed to be put on Caladbolg.
    Probably, because SE only does what they want anyway and almost every suggestion on here is a waste of time, pretty much like your response.

If you want to use an inferior weapon type on War with the New WS, get a Ragnarok, and stop asking for stupid crap like this.
    Why not do both? Because you can just get a Ragnarok like that, right? How is that at all relevant to this thread? And why should we not ask for stupid crap? Are you forgetting where we are?

Just something to ponder for yourself, I don't really care.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

6. 12-03-2011 07:47 AM
    Reason
    Inflammatory, inappropriate comments.

Deleted by Moderator
    NO DEV's only reads posts about things that where already planing on doing :P.

And why are you so angry? This was just an honest post about something the OP thought would be cool and your rageing about it like its going to break the game or something.
    (4)
    Last edited by Qeepel; 12-04-2011 at 03:09 AM.
    The Sublimely Magnificent Ject Shot Mark III

8. 12-03-2011 11:38 AM
    Reason

9. 12-03-2011 04:57 PM
    Reason

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    if SE put war on caladbolg because they are on merited GSWS and relic GS, then they have to put sam on Gandiva!

(neisan is right, war have absolutly no use for caldbolg)
    (1)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Yet another WAR thread derail in less than 3 post of OP. lol

/sigh

Edit, didn't mean to link a reply to N.Q comment
    (2)
    Last edited by tyrantsyn; 12-06-2011 at 08:18 AM.

Character
    Kirah
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    There's no need to rage at all. That's just my opinion ; personally i think is more stupid gives stuffs like new ws on many jobs and no weapons that makes worth use them ( marksmanship on thf is kinda lol ).
    (0)

Upgrading an empyrean to 99 will probably cost more then getting a relic, its almost there now to get it to 95, and if you're not using torcleaver, why bother getting the empyrean? The relic would be better. So if you had 2 options, and they cost the same price, and one was better, why would you ask for the inferior option?

Putting WAR on Caladbolg is pointless and dumb. The only purpose it would serve is if you already had one for your DRK (like me), you could use it to proc with on WAR instead of needing to carry around a different GS, but even then, if its just for procing, mercurial GS is best, and good WARs would bring that anyway.
    (1)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 12-06-2011 at 03:56 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast