Threaded View

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    What are you fighting that still uses only single target spells?

Third eye completely negates multihit Tp moves, Utsusemei doesn't. It also doesn't get wiped by AoE magic.
    Hmmm if I recall correctly - even Aello still uses single target from time to time. That is just one small example of the list that is waist deep.

Third eye negates multi-hit TP yes - but are you blind? Unless a multi-hit does more then 4-5 hits - utsusemi negates it as well ! Funny that. 99% of them at least.

As for not getting wiped with AoE - this is true, but once again - it doesn't stop Magic from getting through! So kind of a mute point to be honest. A well geared / skilled Ninja will *NOT* have shadows down unless they were stripped by an AOE or simply lasted the 5 hits - oh wait Utsusemi: Ni is back up!

I good NIN would be able to tell you that they barely have to even use :Ichi because their 5 shadows will last them the 25 second recast timer. Ichi is purely a backup, and barely actually used.

As for Third eye - you could be really unlucky and get it stripped off you in 2 hits. That's too bad - now your standing there blood tanking something for another 25 seconds..

This is also not forgetting Migawari when the circumstance arises.

As for solo play (which the point here is survivability - so it was bound to be brought up), NIN/DNC is far more superior to SAM/DNC in every way. I would love to watch a SAM solo a mob even as easy as Briareas on SAM/DNC.

One last point I will make - a mob is at 5% and you need to hold it for whatever reason.. SAM's back tanking skill is totally rubbish. A few hits and your blood tanking for another 20 seconds - with no ability to parry or counter. NIN? That's not an issue - you have 9 shadows each with a 25 sec recast (with good gear & basic spell haste).

Does NIN have weaknesses? Sure, AOE spells, MNK mobs that counter and rip shadows fast (due to dual wield hit rate), mob's elemental spikes (due to dual wield hit rate). Can SAM tank? Sure, in some cases. More survivability then NIN? No
    (0)
    Last edited by Alderin; 12-06-2011 at 11:47 PM.