Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: BRD subjobs

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm nearly always /nin. It's not my job to keep you alive.
    (0)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I'm nearly always /nin. It's not my job to keep you alive.
    That's a bad attitude to take, especially on a job as open ended as BRD.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Flionheart View Post
    That's a bad attitude to take, especially on a job as open ended as BRD.
    No, if you want a whm get a whm. Don't use half of one.
    (0)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    No, if you want a whm get a whm. Don't use half of one.
    So... If you need some support healing... Instead of using a BRD/WHM you should get another WHM? And if you really /NIN all the time that means you don't support with hastes and na's either.

What if your WHM gets hit with sleep or paralyze? What if the healer goes down? Not all fights are predictable and being /NIN just to avoid curing people is lazy practice.
    (2)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Where is /DNC?

Combines the most of the DD power of /NIN with the healing power of most -na spells /WHM can do and a little healing power for slight emergencies.

If Haste and healing are already covered, you can also pop Haste Samba on mobs along with some steps, and even self heal Silence and help stun.

Maybe not good for the hardest things, but neither is /NIN.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Flionheart View Post
    What if your WHM gets hit with sleep or paralyze? What if the healer goes down? Not all fights are predictable and being /NIN just to avoid curing people is lazy practice.
    No, check my main. I am not avoiding curing or being lazy, I am being a brd, not a whm. A whm is a whm and a brd is a brd. The only reason for a brd to ever have to support heal is because you're whm is bad at it's job. We're not 75 anymore, brd as a healer is obsolete.
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Where is /DNC?
    Then I'd just go dnc. lol
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    No, check my main. I am not avoiding curing or being lazy, I am being a brd, not a whm. A whm is a whm and a brd is a brd. The only reason for a brd to ever have to support heal is because you're whm is bad at it's job. We're not 75 anymore, brd as a healer is obsolete.
    You're just admitting to not playing to your full capacity then. What do you do during a fight? Melee? Cast Ninjutsu? What use could you possibly gain from /NIN? You cast your spells on tanks and mages and the rest you just sit and stare, waiting to reapply those buffs? There's always something you can do. There are fights that will kill you. There are hard fights, where a WHM's focus isn't on hasting, or simply doesn't have time/MP to. There isn't always a second WHM, and a BRD may very well be required. So what are you going to do? Say "Fuck you, I'm a BRD, it's not my job!" or get your head out of your ass and contribute to your party/linkshell?
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    You're just admitting to not playing to your full capacity then. What do you do during a fight? Melee? Cast Ninjutsu? What use could you possibly gain from /NIN? You cast your spells on tanks and mages and the rest you just sit and stare, waiting to reapply those buffs? There's always something you can do. There are fights that will kill you. There are hard fights, where a WHM's focus isn't on hasting, or simply doesn't have time/MP to. There isn't always a second WHM, and a BRD may very well be required. So what are you going to do? Say "Fuck you, I'm a BRD, it's not my job!" or get your head out of your ass and contribute to your party/linkshell?
    They way you're talking is say that brd has to be a healer and only a healer or you're no brd. Is it so hard to believe that people can't focus on their job unassisted? Is it so hard to figure out the level of survivability and agro avoidance that /nin provides? I'm sorry I'm not playing brd the way you say I should. You're just forcing a stereotype and a "my way or the highway" attitude along with an inability to see things any other way then your own. People asked about subs and I stated mine.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    You're just forcing a stereotype and a "my way or the highway" attitude along with an inability to see things any other way then your own.
    No, I don't force anything, I suggest. And it's not "my way" it's "the better way". How does /NIN avoid aggro? How does it add to survivability? Only if you're meleeing and standing in range when it does certain TP moves that are consumed by shadows, doesn't work on other TP moves or on magic spells. Guess what does? Stoneskin. And for blinkable moves you have, well, Blink.

There is no reason not to sub a mage on BRD unless you wanna avoid having to cast spells. If that's the case, good for you. It doesn't make it right, or better, or even defendable.

People asked about subs and I stated mine.
    People asked about conversation, this isn't a poll. And you didn't just state yours, you commented "It's not my job to keep you alive". Well, no one said that. BRD's job is support. But subbing a mage job simply allows you to strengthen your support role. That's all there is to it. You insinuated that if someone needs a BRD to support cast, it means they have a bad WHM, which is a load of crap. Sometimes a WHM just isn't enough. So yeah, you can either get another WHM or a RDM or something, or let them be something else that contribute and you just sub a mage.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So you're the person back before TAU that said blms had to sub whm, no exceptions? Perhaps even forcing them to main heal in the 30-50 range?
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast