Thread: BRD subjobs

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

BRD subjobs

I guess I'll christen this forum with some conversation on BRD subs.

I currently use 4 subs; WHM, SCH, RDM and NIN

/WHM for any situation where I'll need to be more curative and support with -na's, like if for example the WHM is poorly geared and/or we're fighting something that requires more than one healer and we only have one, also when you might need to re-apply haste.

/SCH for any situations where curing isn't going to be needed, or if it is it'll be very light curing, Being able to accession Erase, Silena and Paralyna is very nice on certain NMs. You can also cover Drain, Aspir, Dispel and Light Threnody if you need to proc darkness in Abyssea. Losing the ability to cast haste is a bit irritating at times, but if you have WHMs or RDMs on the ball, it's not an issue.

/RDM Largely useless inside of Abyssea in my opinion, mainly due to the fact that it's relatively simple to hit songcast- with the right Atma and ring proc (Though subbing RDM allows you more room for flexibility) but outside, the extra 15% fast cast helps when you need to cast songs fast. The lack of na's hurt, but having refresh handy can be really nice when no-one else is able to cast it. Pretty good if you're going to be buffing up mainly and healing very lightly. Less flexibility than /whm but more proficient in certain areas.

/NIN Largely useless unless you're soloing or fishing (Do people still fish with BRD? I haven't done it since sand sweepers in Altep [A] at 85) Pretty good if you're going for damage I guess with dual wield.

I might have missed something, and I'd love to hear your opinions on BRD subs and why you use them.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Interesting will be 99, since /RDM will get Cure IV and Haste, effectively eliminating /WHM. And for dispels, /SCH will still win with -na spells and Erase. /WHM may have a niche in situations where both curing and erasing is required a lot, but then again /WHM is limited by its MP pool. With Ballads, BRD can have nice Refresh already, but there'll always be ways to run out of MP, so the more the better. /RDM will probably win in those situations.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Yeah for sure, once Cure IV isn't /whm exclusively then the situations that make /whm a great sub will be severely limited. It will still be a decent all around subjob for like you said, erasing, na's and hasting. If only /SCH got haste.
    (0)

Character
    Karumac
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    When I used to do this, I brought /SCH so I could Accession Aquaveil onto our MNK/NIN. It helped his Shadow casting.
    (1)
    "I Trick Attacked some guy. He's dead now."

Character
    Sappho
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    Quote Originally Posted by Karumac View Post
    When I used to do this, I brought /SCH so I could Accession Aquaveil onto our MNK/NIN. It helped his Shadow casting.
    Clever use of the SCH ja.
    (0)
    What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?
    ~ Elvis Costello

Character
    Kuroganashi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    /NIN be best since BRD can DD as well with Emp Dagger and Mythic Weapon skill
    (0)

I've never seen a BRD DD, but the thought makes me smile.
    (0)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroganashi View Post
    /NIN be best since BRD can DD as well with Emp Dagger and Mythic Weapon skill
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvinta View Post
    I've never seen a BRD DD, but the thought makes me smile.
    They can DD relatively well. It's really easy to hit haste cap with room for flexibility due to the fact that there's a haste+ instrument (Angel Lyre). They can also use things like Byakko's Haidate, Osode and Hecatomb along side other things. They can pull out decent damage, but it shouldn't ever be prioritised.
    (1)

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    why not brd/dnc minuet and hastesamba or just march and haste samba
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Because /nin they can actually take a few hits.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast