Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Need for DPS - which job is the most damaging?

Which job do you think is able to do most damage in long/short time? My call for speedy damage dealing is a Blue Mage with Azure Lore up and skillchaining with:

Vertical Cleave -> Tourbillion -> Quadratic Continuum -> Goblin Rush -> Amorphic Spikes -> Quadrastrike

(combo by Prothescar of BG)
    (0)

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    DRK with Entropy... just kidding!
    (4)

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    warrior.. just saying.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by esoR View Post
    warrior.. just saying.
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Sharnak
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    For short time with 2hr count BLU, SAM、SCH i'm not sure with Sam power now how far it's can go, but blu i'm not wonder a bit, since after use blu will die =D, Even i not play Sch but form some Vid on Sch's 2hr so far i'm sure can't deny it's power.
    For Long time not 2hr or so i guess no job can beat war with Emp now. and for very well prepare WAR with 2hr can also be very powerful short time DD.
    All just IMO, (´_ゝ`)
    (0)
    Last edited by Sharnak; 12-02-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Character
    Slycooper
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 93
    Ninja in the short term, ranger in the long term
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I don't see any mage jobs getting close to heavy DDs. How do you figure SCH is in there? Is Kaustra that much better than any other nuke they have? I didn't play around with it much, but from what I've seen it's by no means spectacular.

Anyways, it'll always depend on the mob too, and whether "pure damage" works in the first place (as in, if survival is an issue). WAR, SAM and DRG should all be up there with the best DDs, not sure how MNK compares these days.

This thread has great flame potential. I can see it going places.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Sharnak
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    I don't see any mage jobs getting close to heavy DDs. How do you figure SCH is in there? Is Kaustra that much better than any other nuke they have? I didn't play around with it much, but from what I've seen it's by no means spectacular.
    I also never think it's that powerful until i see it's can kill Melo Melo in one shot (Yes with DoT) even Melo Melo have very powerful regen when in shell also can't beat it's DoT. BTW as you say it's just up to mob i'm totally agree, also it's up to condition of setup you do on each job also. such as subjob, time to prepare, item use, ect.
    Which i choose Blu, Sch, Sam sicne this 3 can just go in and start 2 hr to do that dmg with no need any TP storage or can just use it's ja to get it. and it's very potent in short time. =D BTW again as i say it's just IMO

On the right time on the right situation and right condition, RDM with Chainspell also can be one most powerful DD also.
    (1)
    Last edited by Sharnak; 12-02-2011 at 08:57 PM.

DD Tanks -
    Monk and War , War out dmgs all * with ukko* save for a mythic drg. Monks DPS is nigh impossible to top even with our aftermath gimped on VS.

Straight DD
    Mythic Drg
    Empy War * mythic sam with a 99 wep*
    Empy Monk * with hate* , Sam * with empy and great gear*
    Nin * kannagi* and assuming proper gear
    Nin / monk
    Drg * with drakes*
    Blu / Dnc * both empy* , extremely well geared O chain + w/e sword pld on any fast hitting mob/mobs
    Etc...

on any mob that can be countered Monk and War will be king as long as they have hate , monk more so just cuz its less likely to instantly die.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Character
    Wakmidget
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    DD Tanks -
    Monk and War , War out dmgs all * with ukko* save for a mythic drg. Monks DPS is nigh impossible to top even with our aftermath gimped on VS.

Straight DD
    Mythic Drg
    Empy War * mythic sam with a 99 wep*
    Empy Monk * with hate* , Sam * with empy and great gear*
    Nin * kannagi* and assuming proper gear
    Nin / monk
    Drg * with drakes*
    Blu / Dnc * both empy* , extremely well geared O chain + w/e sword pld on any fast hitting mob/mobs
    Etc...

on any mob that can be countered Monk and War will be king as long as they have hate , monk more so just cuz its less likely to instantly die.
    That's a pretty one-sided list there. You don't even mention DRK. Now granted DRK isn't as high up on the chain as it used to be, but a good DRK should be able to keep up a respectable pace just fine. I use LVL. 90 Redemption and I feel I carry my weight just fine. My WS's only average about 2-3K with spikes of upwards to 4k in VW, but I make up for it in DoT.

ODD with Scythe is really nice. I break 1k-1300/1400 crits a lot, upwards to 1600/1700 depending on buffs. Give me haste and double march and those ODD's add up really nicely.

EDIT: My signature is a lucky double ODD proc on Qilin, Redemption Aftermath + AF+2 DRK set bonus proccing,
    (1)
    Last edited by Classikal; 12-03-2011 at 01:18 AM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast