Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvinta View Post
    If single target is the issue, then BLU can use Convergence to both condense the spell to one target and get even more M.Damage and MACC. Sure, that becomes a 10-minute dependent spike damage, But it's a 6k+ spike nonetheless right? Plus then the BLU can just go out and spam Quadratic and Goblin Rush for 1-2k per cast, if geared for it.
    Absolutly right, i was mearly using blu as an example as to why sch aoe'ing w/ kaustra shouldn't be considered in this debate.

Since we're talking about blu, blu has one of the highest zerg potentials vs. mobs without super high defense. The 2 hr is still limited to 30seconds but the 5-6 spells you can fire + skillchain bonus add up quickly. After this wear they can maintain decent and consistant damage w/ almace and aftermath. However, the 2hr trick relies on the blu SCing, and therefore becomes less damaging in a zerg, since the SC progression will be messed up by other WSs. So i wouldn't put blu up in a party zerg situation, but as a DoT or a solo zerg, it seems pretty top notch.
    (1)

Player
    I agree 100% with Aana. there are way too many variables that come into account when it comes to this classification. I am a career DRK. I know, I'm "crazy" for choosing DRK because War is just SO much better, right? Let me just say, yes I may not be able to regularly do 6k+ WSs on my DRK in abyssea(Crit WSs are completely overpowered in these areas and don't really count imo; however with /thf I can hit 8k+ with Torcleaver and still have great DPS. Just think about how well you WARs have it), but I keep up my damage by doing extremely frequent 1200ish normal hits and 2300+ crits and hit 3-4 times faster than any other 2hander DD. Yes, I have to /thf for that which lessens the amount of hits I can normally do with /war, /sam, or /drg, but if you're looking for just epeen WS damage, that what I use(and for those NMs that you don't want to have more than 1-2 people on it constantly). And again yes to Aana, what really matters is if the person knows what they're doing of not. People too often only look at the WS damage that DDs do, but again, each situation is completely different, especially with the human factor. However, it's not just about the damage that I can possibly do that I love DRK. It's how I can be an assent in disruption and ensorcelment with Stuns, Sleeps, and the like. Now I'm not saying that DRK is the best DD out there, but I am saying that since I know my job so well i can keep up with Ukko WARs and Vere MNKs in damage, and sometimes out DD them if conditions are right.
    (0)

Cala drks can certainly hold their own in a zerg situation. I have rhongomiant(lol) on my drg and when we do dyna lord its always a close run between drg/drk, so i guess the rivalry continues!

imo, drk needs something. They're typically high middle tier or low top tier, but as a job that has not much else to offer to a party, it really should excel at straight DD. War is weapons master and can change as needed (procs and such), drg can erase enmity and support cure. Drk either needs another niche, or a boost to damage. Drg could use something as well, i barely get to play it anymore w/ all the ukko wars in my shell XD
    (0)

Player
    I agree completely, but what exactly is the problem figuring out! D: I agree that War should just be a weapons expert, changing weapons to fit the situation, and DRG has a nice niche as a near-hateless DD(I say Near simply cause it's just so easy to take hate these days ; . 1 idea that I think could work, and would benefit other jobs in the process AND will help level the playing field for all DD is to make every WS have a natural chance to crit; Just have the existing WS that already crit give higher crit rates for their TP, hell even make then crit better at 100TP for originally being a crit WS. That will help in Abyssea anyways. Outside Abyssea, everything levels out much better which makes keeping balance a little harder. I for 1 think if they reverse the timers on SD for DRK and change it around so that for the 1st min that you take damage it builds up the damage bonus and once that min is up it goes into a 2-3min timeframe where you now benefit from the damage bonus. Maybe make it for every 50~100 damage you take that's 1~2% damage bonus you get with a maximum of say +50% damage. However, we need something that's more instantaneous than this.

Also, DRK needs a 2hour revamp like DRG did. Bloodweapon is nowhere near as strong as it used to be(in comparison to what is capable now). Since DRK was supposed to be a more damaging WAR, how about a 2hr that doubles~triples our damage for 30sec~1min(or however long Mighty Strikes is). Could be called something like Might of Darkness(again, playing off DRK supposed to be a more damaging WAR; you HAVE to be war to unlock it! Why make the base job stronger and make it unappealing to even unlock the advanced job?).

As for DRG, yes they somewhat need something as well. I think having something that more closely bonds the drg and the pet would be cool. Like, when you use a jump it creates an opening for your pet to make a special attack of it's own. Not necessarily a breath attack, but something that causes additional damage and maybe a chance for an effect, like reducing the target's critical evasion, or a slow effect or something that would be detrimental to the target based on what "job" it is; melee jobs would have atk down or something and for multi-class mobs, maybe having it randomly choose a detriment based on the jobs that it is? I haven't really had much chance to think of something for DRG for similar reasons that I don't get to play it much either :<
    (0)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiken253 View Post
    however with /thf I can hit 8k+ with Torcleaver and still have mediocre DPS.

/thf is not the answer to any content atm, esp for DRK a job that relies heavily on its sub to even come close to keeping up with other DDs.
    (3)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Taint2 View Post
    /thf is not the answer to any content atm, esp for DRK a job that relies heavily on its sub to even come close to keeping up with other DDs.
    Yes I know. However, I did mention that I typically only use that for when I can't be on the NM full-time or only want no more than 1-2 people on an NM outside of WSing. However, even with /thf i can still keep up with other DDs on my drk simply cause I still have capped haste and Last Resort caps out my atk by itself as well. However, it is also not about just the WS damage. Your TPing damage makes up a huge portion of your damage as well(for a DRK at least). That being said, DRK still does need something to improve it's game. And just to clarify, I do agree that /thf is not the answer, it's just a situational thing for EG situations.
    (1)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    In abyssea alot of the time i find DRK/THF a good DD (basically if i'm not tanking(/mnk) i'm /THF on DRK) really even with the long sneak attack recast meaning you have to sit on tp it helped alot by calaborg (more tp = more dmg + better aftermath) either way the difference between DRK/THF and DRK/SAM in abyssea isn't a bit deal.
    (0)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiken253 View Post
    Also, DRK needs a 2hour revamp like DRG did. Bloodweapon is nowhere near as strong as it used to be(in comparison to what is capable now). Since DRK was supposed to be a more damaging WAR, how about a 2hr that doubles~triples our damage for 30sec~1min(or however long Mighty Strikes is). Could be called something like Might of Darkness(again, playing off DRK supposed to be a more damaging WAR; you HAVE to be war to unlock it! Why make the base job stronger and make it unappealing to even unlock the advanced job?).
    DRK may need a better 2-hour, but Blood Weapon would have to be removed completely; shortening the cooldown on BW means you pretty much have to nerf Souleater to the point that you might as well just remove it from the game. I mean, you can even make your own Kraken Scythe now.

Also, when I can solo caturae on DNC it's pretty safe to say we're past the point where anyone can make a straight-faced claim they need a crit WS.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    DRK may need a better 2-hour, but Blood Weapon would have to be removed completely; shortening the cooldown on BW means you pretty much have to nerf Souleater to the point that you might as well just remove it from the game. I mean, you can even make your own Kraken Scythe now.

Also, when I can solo caturae on DNC it's pretty safe to say we're past the point where anyone can make a straight-faced claim they need a crit WS.
    Drk already had a kraken scythe; Bahamut's Zhagnal. and Souleater is already nerfed where it matters. I.E. the Souleater resistance that SE gave to pretty much every NM that counts. And BW being on a 20min CD wouldn't be an end-all game -breaking thing, but what some suggestions for changing BW to a JT that has a % to proc(pretty low, 5~%) would be nice; in fact probably the best option.

DNC not have Evisceration? I must imagine that in my WS slots and macros. But yes, DNC is in the top 3 best solo jobs: DNC SMN and BST; which makes me feel that other jobs need more utility, but certainly not as much as they do.
    (0)

Character
    Sappho
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 30
    But doesn't Bahamut's Zaghnal, Kraken Scythe, Mercurial Kris (etc etc) all suffer from the same problem that they will not proc with Double Attack or Triple Attack?
    (0)
    What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?
    ~ Elvis Costello

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast