Thread: Shattersoul

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Shattersoul

So been playing around on the test server for a while now and while I'm far from posting concrete numbers I have something to give atm.

I did discover some.. interesting things.

Caveat: This is far from a full set of data collection or a really good setup. Just something done quick on the fly. I'm in the process of getting more concrete numbers and I might post it later.

Outside of abyssea: Saromugue (Saru skinks)
    Weapon: 90 Hvergelmir
    10 ws naked (97int 84str 485atk @ 100% tp) gave averages of 1000
    10 ws geared (97base +60int, 84-8 str, 579atk @100%tp gave averages of 882
    (I had two odd ones for 1200 and 1300 dmg... crits I'm guessing)

Stacking int brought it down? hmm

Outside of Abyssea: East Ron (rabbits)
    10 ws naked (97int 84str 485atk @ 100% tp) gave averages of 650
    10 ws geared (97base +60int, 84-8 str, 579atk @100%tp gave averages of 737

The weaker mobs gave less damage overall.

Abbysea:
    20 WS naked (no atmas, no cruor buffs... nada) with 90 Hvergelmir and 97 base int: avg shattersoul dmg was 1210 (rounded up) on Shadow Lizards @ 100% tp
    20 WS geared with 90 Hvergelmir and 142 int. (atmas: MM, Kirin, Full Moon + random assortment of what ever int gear I had on at the time.. not a lot honestrly) Avg dmg 1700 on shadow lizards. @ 100%tp

Abyssea was understandably much higher and gave the behavior I expected when adding more int (though base int at the time was lower than when I tested outside. I suspect that the possibility of another modifier might be there.. MAB maybe?)

I have a lot more data that I'm still sifting through and need to test, but here are some quick and dirty numbers. But I can definitely see using this on smn for a damage boost. Especially in abyssea. Assuming the mob you're fighting is still alive after a 3-6k+ BP, this WS will almost certainly finish it off lol.
    (0)
    My other car is a summoner.

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Rawr, sexy skill. I'm gonna have to meret it with the new dagger ws.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Rawr, sexy skill. I'm gonna have to meret it with the new dagger ws.
    Best part is how sexy it looks
    (0)

How many hits is it?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

From the video, looks like 3 hits.

Waiting for the next excuse for why Summoners shouldn't bother learning the skill. I'm sure the non-Summoners or the ones still using /WHM are developing them as we speak.
    (0)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Well when you think about it the only other jobs that would use staff in battle aside from SMN would be PLD and MNK. PLD might benefit from this when you to deal damage to hold hate with earth staff but... I can't see much reason for them to do this if they have Ochain/Aegis, let alone Almace. Monks... unless they're a staff to hit a proc, they won't have a reason for it either.

All other jobs that could use staff is pretty horrible with it. Some one said SCH is pretty good for it but... I can't really see a SCH trying to beat on something in close quarters. If it does better damage than Retribution, I say go for it.

And hey! I still sub /WHM. D: That never stopped me from whacking stuff.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

I had two odd ones for 1200 and 1300 dmg... crits I'm guessing
    Crit rate doesn't vary with TP. It's not a crit-based weaponskill. Therefore they weren't crits. DA, maybe, though more likely standard pDif variance, but definitely not crits.

More controlled tests are needed before you can say for sure what was going on.

With 485 attack (what you had on the lower of the two), you will already be capping attack on those mobs, so the additional attack in the second test will not make any difference.

With only 10 samples you can expect a 10% margin of error on the average itself, for -each- test, assuming all other variables were controlled. So, the first test implies an average between 900 and 1100. The second test implies an average between 794 and 970.

Unfortunately there's one other significant variable that's not properly accounted for. This is a 4-hit weaponskill, and you can thus expect an average of 2 missed swings for every 10 weaponskills. Given the numbers of the weaponskills themselves, you can expect that for every missed swing in one set that didn't happen in the other, that the average would shift by about 25 points. It's entirely possible for there to be a 100 point swing in average due to this factor.

In addition, your str changed in the second test. Given that you were only barely above the limit for capped fStr on the lvl 0 mobs, you can say that your fStr is basically guaranteed to have dropped 2 points in the second test set, which will further affect the average.

Overall, you do not provide nearly enough data to make any reasonable conclusions about the weaponskill, except the vague general area of damage you're likely to achieve while using it.

It's a 4-hit weaponskill. On starter mobs, only the first hit (or maybe second if you whiff the first hit) is ever going to connect. Thus it will necessarily always have lower damage than on mobs where all hits connect.

However it also makes those tests more consistant (we can be sure that only one hit landed each time). You can say that adding 60 int increased your expected damage by somewhere between 0% and 39%.
    (4)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    From what I've heard, this WS is a 4-hit WS that lowers the foe's magic def.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannlore View Post
    I'm guessing you killed them in less hits, bringing the total damage down.

For example, lets say that you had a two hit WS that does 500 damage for each hit, and you are fighting a mob with 550 HP. If you hit it for 500 each time, the WS will read as doing 1000 damage, but if you boost your damage by 10%, it will only read as having done 550 damage.

Well that, or you missed some hits. Your sample sizes are pretty small after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannlore View Post
    Definitely multihit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    Waiting for the next excuse for why Summoners shouldn't bother learning the skill. I'm sure the non-Summoners or the ones still using /WHM are developing them as we speak.
    The only WS staff users should ever use is Spirit Taker or Myrkr!

Actually, before this WS you'd have to decide whether the damage you do is high enough to outdo the damage potential your WS gets. Depending on the additional effect of this WS, you could potentially do more damage from nuking/BP:Rage after the WS do to the effect on the mob then you would from the MP return of Spirit Taker, or if you are using the Emp Staff, when you have full MP and are WS during aftermath.

Also, /WHM is a legit sub, even when you are whacking things... WHM is a melee class too... D:
    (0)

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    Crit rate doesn't vary with TP. It's not a crit-based weaponskill. Therefore they weren't crits. DA, maybe, though more likely standard pDif variance, but definitely not crits.
    No Double Attack gear or sources what so ever, pDif variance highly likely yes.

More controlled tests are needed before you can say for sure what was going on.
    Yes... hence the Caveat AND the closing statement about needing more/proper numbers. I couldn't agree more.

With 485 attack (what you had on the lower of the two), you will already be capping attack on those mobs, so the additional attack in the second test will not make any difference.
    Yeah I thought about that also, helps eliminate some things for the deep testing (Already in progress)

In addition, your str changed in the second test. Given that you were only barely above the limit for capped fStr on the lvl 0 mobs, you can say that your fStr is basically guaranteed to have dropped 2 points in the second test set, which will further affect the average.

Overall, you do not provide nearly enough data to make any reasonable conclusions about the weaponskill, except the vague general area of damage you're likely to achieve while using it.
    See statement about the caveat above

It's a 4-hit weaponskill. On starter mobs, only the first hit (or maybe second if you whiff the first hit) is ever going to connect. Thus it will necessarily always have lower damage than on mobs where all hits connect.
    Yeah this occurred to me after I actually got sleep. ^_^ Already about 50 WS in on mobs that will be able to provide this kind of info.

So as I said, the info above is NOT concrete, just quick and dirty stuff. Once I finish testing (and I welcome anyone to add in their own numbers ) I'll just post my raw data and let you guys have at it.
    (0)

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Okay so after some more in depth testing here's what I got:

I'll leave the conclusions to you napkin mathematicians (for all you non-math people: mean is the average)

Edit: Outside of abyssea testing still in progress. I'll post that later.

Shattersoul: Delivers a fourfold attack. Decreases target's magic defense. Duration of effect varies with TP.

Sample Skillchains: (Self, done with staff)

Garlands of Bliss (GB) -> Shattersoul (SS) =Gravitation
    SS -> GB = Fragmentation
    Retribution (R) -> SS = Induration
    SS - > R = Fragmentation

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Test one
    Target: Shadow Lizard (EP Low E/D all same size)
    Smn/WHM 99/49
    Shattersoul: 5/5
    Stats: STR 84, Int 94, Atk 485
    Gear: 90 Hvergelmir
    Buffs: None

Sample size 40:

Mean: 985.1
    Median: 1022
    Range: 654
    Highest sample was: 1246, Lowest sample was 592

____________________________________________________________________________
    Test Two

Smn/WHM 99/49
    STR 114, Int 124 atk 507
    Gear: 90 Hvergelmir
    Buffs: Cruor (yeah +30.. I'm le lazeh on quest abyssite :P)

Sample size 40:

Mean: 1094
    Median: 1143
    Range: 541

Highest Value was: 1373, Lowest Value was 832
    _____________________________________________________________________________
    Test Three
    (this test I decided to toss on common atmas for smn and used gear that upped int only -no additional DA/TA contributed from gear- I wanted to see what it would be like on a smn in a normal mode in there. MM was chosen for the int boost/refresh)

Smn/WHM 99/49
    Str: 156 Int: 226 Atk 539
    Buffs: Cruor (yeah +30.. I'm le lazeh on quest abyssite :P) VV/MM/Apoc

Sample size 40:

Mean: 2162
    Median: 2053.3
    Range: 1575

Highest Value was: 2960, Lowest Value was 1385

All I have to say about this part of the test phase is: Holy SMN tank Batman!

Once all these tests were done, I switched to SMN/SAM for skillchain testing using the setup from Test 3 for gear. When I started self-skillchaining, I would often do about 4k+ dmg. All that dmg straight from ME
    (1)
    Last edited by Tannlore; 12-05-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast