Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

thunderstorm and thunder II level adjustment?

is there any plans to adjust the level of thunderstorm and thunder II? seems random that they are the only two left off the elemental line of sch spells when /sch.

not too bothered about thunder II, it's the storm spell that's important but i suppose it's just on the same principle.

main sch will still have the light and dark storm spells over /sch, just seems off that thunder is the only element left off of /sch
    (1)

Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    i feel se's response and the response of most main scholars would be.... be happy with what you got. since we are losing our helices at 99 to /sub
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    but they're gonna be terrible, shorter duration etc. storm spells actually have a use weather: -perp gear, weather bonus to spells i'd give up helices for thunderstorm any day
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Yeah, can I has it! Who needs unique jobsssssssssssssssssssssssss.
    (0)

Character
    Einalem
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    In theoretical fantasy land::: you know, I wouldn't mind them swapping weather and helices level wise if they do something awesome for weather effects worth getting main SCH for them.
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    main sch gets stormsurge klimaform enhanced by af3 twilight cape and ele obis

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Yeah, can I has it! Who needs unique jobsssssssssssssssssssssssss.
    first: lol sch... unique... second: /sch already get the other 5 stormspells how is letting it have the thunder one make sch any less unique?
    (0)

Player
    Twilight Cape is Scholar unique? Elemental Obis are Scholar unique? Empyrean feet are, but they enhance Klimaform, and to my knowledge only effects the Scholar, no reason to invite a Scholar there. Stormsurge is so lawlsworthy that I feel the need to slap you with a bass.
    Better solution: Knock Storm spells up some levels so Sandstorm is a Lv.50 spell. Problem solved, you no longer have to worry about having an incomplete spell line.

How would letting Thunderstorm go make Scholar any less unique? It wouldn't. Is it one of the handful of remaining unique (and useful) spells Scholar has left? Yes, very much so. It doesn't make Scholar unique but it's damn sure one of the remaining few reasons to even invite a Scholar outside you know, a 2Hr spell which will no doubt be rendered worthless when SE gives everyone Embrava level 2Hrs. So no, you can't have it. When having a Storm spell from a Scholar actually has a worthwhile benefit (Stormsurge: +3% weather effect per merit, exactly the same effect as Twilight Cape, technically allowing for triple weather), we can talk about giving the weather buff of the strongest element in the game. But SE seems to either out right ignore suggestions or do the opposite of what I say, so enjoy getting Thunderstorm, Voidstorm and Aurorastorm in February.
    (6)
    Last edited by Sotek; 12-03-2011 at 04:11 AM.

Player
    I do not think they care about where support job magic lines end.
    /blm stops with Aeroga II (Aero II Lv75)
    /rdm stops with Aero II (Stone II Lv75) and with Protect III/Shell II (Protect II/Shell II Lv75)
    /whm stops with Cure IV/Curaga II and also Protect(ra) III/Shell(ra) II (Cure III/Curaga II, Protect(ra) II/Shell(ra) II Lv75)
    /drk stops with Water II (Thunder and Absorb-Agi Lv75)
    I could continue, but the point is that support job spell lines are a bonus, not a right. There is no reason to adjust Sch spell levels just so that /sch can finish the spell line
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I agree there's no reason to do this for completeness but it has happened before I think. When Curing Waltz III(?) level was lowered was it not specifically stated that they did it to benefit /DNC?

I have no problem with storm spells being lowered so that /SCH can get all of them, provided that SCH specific storm usage is significantly buffed at the same time. Stormsurge needs a boost to be in line with boost and gain potency, and we need a JA that elevates storms to tier 2, with a timer that allows it to be maintained on 2-3 people. If something similar isn't done I'd honestly prefer Sotek's suggestion of starting storms at level 50. Well, actually Sandstorm at 49. I need my movement speed on RDM and WHM!
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    I agree there's no reason to do this for completeness but it has happened before I think. When Curing Waltz III(?) level was lowered was it not specifically stated that they did it to benefit /DNC?
    Sekkanoki was lowered to lvl40 also when the lvl80 cap raise went live.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast