Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    main sch gets stormsurge klimaform enhanced by af3 twilight cape and ele obis

first: lol sch... unique... second: /sch already get the other 5 stormspells how is letting it have the thunder one make sch any less unique?
    By the same logic what is the point of only giving jobs Protect II when the highest tier is V. Come on, get real. Changing the weather is one of the few unique spells they have left now SE have given their triggers away. Personally I don't think any job should get storm spells other than SCH and they should have been blocked or the levels put higher.

The only reason you want it is for SMN's suit and quite frankly that is a lol reason. What's next "Aurorastorm/Voidstorm I can has this"

Jobs /SCH get the bonus of "SOME" storm spells, this is the was it works for ALL jobs. You get some of their abilities, but NOT all of 'em.
    (0)

Character
    Brayenn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Honestly having gotten access to just about everything sch has as a main job already this is funny seeing people not just blatantly asking for more, but doing so on the sch thread, it is almost insulting lol

only way i can even support such a request would be if we got a tier 2 storm spell which granted double weather and(or) a "day"spell to allow us to manipulate day bonus as well. If you are unaware as to why thunderstorm is not lowered, it is most likely to limit other nuker jobs from taking full advantage of one of the last remaining useful spells we have.
    (0)

They're all 2 levels away from each other, thus from a Scholar's perspective the levels which we learn them make perfect sense. Adjusting this symmetry just so that people can use /SCH and steal yet another of our unique traits would be unnecessarily damaging, especially when given to jobs like Black Mage who benefit immensely from elemental obis. That's not to say they don't see a benefit already, considering at level 99 they already have access to Hailstorm, but at least we still get a few tricks up our sleeves, such as Aurorastorm for 10% cure potency.

And no, before you even think it, the measly +7 stat bonus on our Stormsurge is not enough to make us unique because no one really cares about it. It's a nice boost to casting, but largely flies under the radar for everything else because it's often not significant enough to be noticed. I'll stick to casting it for use with Elemental Obi's. That, in my opinion, is where it really shines.

That said, I do support the idea of getting tier 2 storm spells. The ability to gain "Double Weather" bonus would be incredible! Failing that, how about a storm spell which stacks with existing weather effects, rather than replacing them, so that casting with Hailstorm in a snowstorm (1 snow icon) results in the double weather anyway!

Hmm... I feel a suggestions thread coming along.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiowan View Post
    \That said, I do support the idea of getting tier 2 storm spells. The ability to gain "Double Weather" bonus would be incredible! Failing that, how about a storm spell which stacks with existing weather effects, rather than replacing them, so that casting with Hailstorm in a snowstorm (1 snow icon) results in the double weather anyway!
    Storms already stack if same weather, they only replace different.
    (0)

Player
    Greed is such a funny thing not only do /SCH posses a big chunk of our unique weather spells they also posses ALL or our helices to come in a sch thread and ask for thunderstorm....you should be contempt with what you already have, taking our helices killed sch even more sure SE is all like "they last longer at 60" who cares sch kinda of basically got shafted out of VW and don't you dare say Modus Veritas that thing barely works. I think SE better stop messing with us and make us at least desirable again 75 cap sch was great SCH needs more unique spells that don't require Tabula Rasa.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2