Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Scythe will (or should) completely disappear from credible DRKs if Entropy stays the way it is now. Scythe will be finally and plainly dead.

Don't even begin to ascribe to 'the utility of Entropy will make Scythe situational'. DRK is one of the finest damage dealers in the game (barring a few hangups about crit WSes) and should continue to shine with its signature weapon, but as this stands we'll be doing our best damage with a weapon shared by WAR and PLD instead of something unique to DRK (BST and BLM on Scythe don't count quite the same).

DRK doing what it does best by using its secondary weapon is just gonna be sad, but at least Zeid won't look like a gimp anymore.
    (1)
    Last edited by Raelia; 12-02-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Character
    Vassago
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    DRK doesn't need this kind of MP recovery to make spellcasting usable, necessary, or even viable. It needs better spells.
    I never said it was lacking MP or that all its spells were perfect the way they are, i agree with you on this.

If Drain II was on a 30 second timer instead of two minutes,
    Yes.
    Dread Spikes on a 1 minute cooldown instead of 3 minutes,
    Wait what? Remember this?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIWfb...eature=related

As it stands though: If you can outpace autorefresh gear when idle and Refresh from your support (they have /RDM outside of Abyssea, right?) then you're probably casting too much and your damage is suffering.
    1-Nope i do not outpace it, i use the same spells everyone else does, it just makes sense i understand this.
    2-Yeah used to be idle and refresh that way but this neat thing added to DRK called Occult Acumen lets me TP from the side lines like never before so im rarely "Idle".
    3-My damage is not suffering as far as i know, i am quite happy with it
    in and out of Abyssea.

Kill a mob 10% faster and you'll have taken 10% less damage overall, because a dead mob deals no damage!
    Sadly you just summarized in that sentence what everyone thinks Endgame and Dark Knight should be all about.
    "HIT FAST WTFPWNDWS YEAH BIG NUMBER APPEAR ON SCREEN I ROCK! NEXT POP!!!"
    I know its a grind game but just because you need to burn through a lot of pops fast your going to miss out on all the fun stuff in between?
    I bet u scroll through all the in-game cut scenes too :/

Sorry i do not want to be that.

I won't say spellcasting is misguided. It's just tends to be weak and counterproductive on anything but easy trash mobs.
    Yuup, sad but true.

Absorb-Attri was a huge step in the right direction, but I still can't seem to apply it to enough situations to see my MP pool drop below 90% with Drain II and Dread Spikes casted 'as necessary'.
    Yeah i agree heck of a spell i love it but to say u cant find enough use for it?
    -Most abilities that can be dispelled are absorb-able. that is quite a lot.....

And as bonus: The ability Nether Void allows for two beneficial status effects to be absorbed.

I am not gonna cry about something that is still in the testing phase bottom line.
    I am however going to think hard why they would give us such a MP boost..
    My hope is that New spells are coming and/or recasts are going to be adjusted.
    (4)
    Last edited by Rohelius; 12-02-2011 at 10:18 AM.

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Read the whole sentence though. You still won't be spamming Absorb-Attri enough to really knock a supported MP pool down, because every mob is gonna run out of buffs sooner or later or the RDM is gonna be dispelling it faster than you can steal it. If it's awesome enough you want it, the tank doesn't want the mob to have it, and they don't wanna rely on your Abs-Attri cooldown, capisce?

The only way to be totally burning your mp pool if you at least have Refresh is if you're spamming spells needlessly. Drain II but not setting up for Souleater, Dread Spikes when you're not gonna have hate, Absorb-Attri when the mob has nothing to steal, or spamming Stun out of rotation... Intelligent casting and having friends (RDM or /RDM) is the solution for mp issues, not a silly-broken MP restore WS. FFXI is a team game after all, so not having at least Refresh and at least one Autorefresh piece for idle isn't excusable when casting will matter.

SE does need to know that Entropy is sub-standard for damage dealing but also inappropriate for DRK. Useful, sure, but only when doing things DRK doesn't excel at.
    (1)

Character
    Vassago
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    To think that a group would rely on a drk's Absorb-Attri as Dispel is silly you should know that is not what i said.

And yeah its a team game so communicate to your RDM u got next dispel is that hard? Intelligent casting~
    it does not hurt your DPS to type capisce?

Oh and you should also know that dark knight is at the very bottom of the refresh rotation and usually not in the mage party.

Whats inappropriate is a 8hit WS on a heavy weapon, would be awesome yeah but i could do some epic numbers with it.
    Its not that people ask for fair things/changes... they know they are asking for things they can exploit easily... i see that i am sure they see it too.
    (1)

Player
    Lets try to stay close to the topic guys.

Reminder, that would be supporting a buff for the ws.

assuming that it is understood well enough which i think it is
    (4)
    Last edited by Natasha; 12-02-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Character
    Ruzoko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Scythe will (or should) completely disappear from credible DRKs if Entropy stays the way it is now. Scythe will be finally and plainly dead.

Don't even begin to ascribe to 'the utility of Entropy will make Scythe situational'. DRK is one of the finest damage dealers in the game (barring a few hangups about crit WSes) and should continue to shine with its signature weapon, but as this stands we'll be doing our best damage with a weapon shared by WAR and PLD instead of something unique to DRK (BST and BLM on Scythe don't count quite the same).

DRK doing what it does best by using its secondary weapon is just gonna be sad, but at least Zeid won't look like a gimp anymore.
    ^ This makes me sad, but i must agree scythe really does need a better weapon skill and if something isn't done to improve the damage of Entropy then all that SE will probably see is a repeat of the past where DRKs don't use their primary weapon (Scythe) and stick to using a Great Sword due to the fact that Greatsword has more overall damage potential over scythe atm.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzoko View Post
    ^ This makes me sad, but i must agree scythe really does need a better weapon skill and if something isn't done to improve the damage of Entropy then all that SE will probably see is a repeat of the past where DRKs don't use their primary weapon (Scythe) and stick to using a Great Sword due to the fact that Greatsword has more overall damage potential over scythe atm.
    Thanks for supporting~
    (1)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Increase the FTP or add MAB, or multi hits, or anything to the WS to make it more viable. The WS needs a increase as it is simply another terrible Guillotine clone.

Any DRK needing to use a terrible level 96 WS to recover MP is, terrible.

Already have RDM's, and idle gear for that.
    If solo'ing get appetence crown, bale flanchard +2 and aspir 600+ MP away from a EM mob.
    Its not like we are casting magic enough to warrant a WS to return it to us. What spell list does SE think we have?
    (2)

Player
    yay, more support~
    (1)

Character
    Hextitan
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Hopefully SE listens, but as far as I know they haven't been in here in months, nor have they acknowledged any of the changes people have requested. Not one post.

People ask for new spells, or better WS, or JAs, and invariably a ton of people chime in with "YEAH"....and SE never responds. I don't mean to rain on you parade but it honestly seems like we're talking to ourselves here.
    (3)

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast