Character
    Autymn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Multiple magian staves of the same base

I posted this in the technical support forum too, but I figured if anyone here knew of a way to make this work I'd ask. Is there a way for macros to recognize the difference between a Varuna's staff +3 focusing on damage and a Varuna's Staff +3 focusing on accuracy? I want to get both, but I don't want to waste my time or money going from a +2 to a +3 if the macros won't be able to distinguish and I start using +6 damage on my paralyze spells >.> Anyone know of a solution?
    (1)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't think you can get there from here. I think that if you have one equipped and /equip main "same name" that it switches to the one that is currently not equipped but there's no way to have a macro specifically equip one or the other. The best you might be able to do would be to have a macro with just /equip main "Varuna's staff +3" and keep track yourself but that would be maddening.
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Autymn you might want to look into getting a mythic staff.
    (0)

Character
    Vaness
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Pretty much suggest you to make the magic ACC staff a +2 and dont upgrade it to +3.It's the only way it would work.Otherwise it will just pick up the first Varuna staff +3 and equip it no matter what stat is on it.

SE deffinitly need to fix that though and give them different names.
    (0)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If you want a magic accuracy staff I'd recommend just making a Shareeravadi +3 and do the 'MP+115 Magic Accuracy+20' path. It's only equivalent to "Affinity: Magic Accuracy+3" but is still better than HQ lvl 51 staves, will be enough to land spells, and works on all elements.
    (0)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Unfortunately there is no way to differentiate between the two. Hopefully at level 99 we'll be given different named staves for the paths, or be allowed to meld them together.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Arbole
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    M.dmg are named differently than M.acc @ 99. Confirmed. I'd only upgrade them for that reason because the only difference from 95 to 99 is -2% casting time... fail
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    No, but what you could do is take one staff up to +2 and the other up to +3. That way they would have distinct names, and really the stat difference between the two is not that great.
    (0)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbole View Post
    M.dmg are named differently than M.acc @ 99. Confirmed. I'd only upgrade them for that reason because the only difference from 95 to 99 is -2% casting time... fail
    Yep.
    I = Damage
    II = Accuracy
    III = Summoning
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Syuveil
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    If you want a magic accuracy staff I'd recommend just making a Shareeravadi +3 and do the 'MP+115 Magic Accuracy+20' path. It's only equivalent to "Affinity: Magic Accuracy+3" but is still better than HQ lvl 51 staves, will be enough to land spells, and works on all elements.
    Wrong.

"Affinity: Magic Accuracy +3" is 40 macc and "Affinity: Magic Accuracy +2" is 30 macc. The staff you just recommend has the same macc as the +6 damage staff they are already using, and is worse than level 51 HQ staves.
    (0)