Thread: Ruinator

Character
    Disifer
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Ruinator

some testing on dynamis mobs in qufim at 99 with the typical rampage setup which isnt STR heavy has me doing 2500-2900 ruinator's. prayers have been answered
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    This looks like a really nice WS for bst. The best Rampages I was getting dynamis were around 1800 at level 95.

I'll test some myself later as well, but it looks like its not a big improvement in abyssea. No crit, methinks?
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Player
    It's TP modifier is "Accuracy varies with TP." which is pretty much the most mediocre thing possible.

However, the 85~100% STR modifier that Ruinator possesses with 5/5 merits more than than makes up for that. Well, that and being named "Ruinator".
    (2)

Character
    Darkone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Can someone fight lvl 1 mobs using /THF naked other than an axe, post your STR, weapon damage, then SA/WS. Post the numbers you get. Then we can figure out the fTP.
    (0)

Character
    Skyrant
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    New Weapon Skill Videos (Incl. Slow Motion)

Beastmaster ~ Ruinator
    Video: Beastmaster (720p)

More to come soon. Please Vote, comment or Subscribe if you like it
    (1)
    Is 20 dmg for the hit like 30 dmg if a RNG shoots?

No DRG for party, camp spot site with 30 dmg, but is it for 20 like 30 dmg when you no hit be it for dd, for 30 dmg instead? or half is 10 for 20 dmg?
    How i mine for fish?
    Try BST BST COR GEO WHM BRD You can melee and fight with your pet..

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hey everyone, we’ve been looking over your feedback and wanted to give more details in the thought process behind our changes and some of the weapon skills themselves.

Axe Weapon Skill “Ruinator”
    We will be lowering the attack modifier value and changing it so it’s half of the current value. The amount of damage dealt to high level enemies (those that have high defense) will be reduced, however, being able to deal damage easier than other axe weapon skills will remain unchanged.

We are making it so that the amount of damage will be around the same as Rampage if you have full accuracy and get 2-3 criticals. (This is when both of them are executed at 100 TP. There is of course more damage that can be dealt depending on gear and food.)

We are making adjustments so that you can pick Ruinator if you want to deal more consistent damage, or Rampage if you want to try and deal large amounts of damage.

Club Weapon Skill “Realm Razer”
    The idea behind the adjustment is the same as Ruinator.

We are making it so that the amount of damage will be around the same as Hexa Strike if you have full accuracy and get 2-3 criticals. Again, this is for 100 TP and more damage can be dealt depending on gear and food.

We ultimately decided to adjust this weapon skill due to the fact that a non-critical hit modifier weapon skill would easily surpass the maximum damage dealt by Hexa Strike in stable conditions, and the result would cause a rapid increase in damage inflation.

Sword Weapon Skill “Requiescat”
    Since Spirits Within’s damage varies based on your amount of HP and TP, we are adjusting Requiescat so that it will be easier to use than Spirits Within once you have 300 TP and also so that jobs that cannot boost their HP as high as paladins will be able to deal damage.

Also, Atonement is an easy to use weapon skill for paladins, which has a special feature, so the idea behind Requiescat was to give jobs other than paladin, specifically red mage and blue mage, a good weapon skill choice.

Hand-to-Hand Weapon Skill “Shijin Spiral”
    There have been requests saying that this is weaker than Stringing Pummel and Victory Smite, so please make it stronger than both of those, but we cannot do this for the same reasons listed for our adjustments to Ruinator and Realm Razer.

We have also received some comments saying that the damage of Shijin Spiral is no different than Asuran Fists, or perhaps lower.

We took a look at the conditions of the players who performed weapon skill tests, but there are differences in attack power when executing each weapon skill, and because of this the result was that Asuran Fists and Victory Smite was higher.

Shijin Spiral is stronger than Asuran Fists and when boosting your stats using the appropriate equipment and food, the differences between Asuran Fists and Shijin Spiral will become more apparent, and the gap between Victory Smite and Shijin Spiral will also become smaller.
    Owned! O.O
    (0)
    Last edited by Mavrick; 12-13-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Cause god forbid a new ws be stronger than an old outdated one right?
    (1)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Why? bst can't do anything close to the WS damage of other jobs as it is.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilk View Post
    Why? bst can't do anything close to the WS damage of other jobs as it is.
    You look surprised. I think its clear SE has no intentions of ever giving bst anything remotely useful against anything that cons higher than Even Match. Well, there is Abyssea, but they already acknowledged that was a mistake.
    (0)

Well that settles it. I quit bst <_< I've been meaning to focus more on my Corsair anyway.
    (0)
    The Sublimely Magnificent Ject Shot Mark III

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast